Vizaguy123

Best Time of year to submit K-1 Visa?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I heard that certain times of year the US embassy is much slower in processing K1 fiance visa applications than other times of year. For example, I heard they really take their time if you submit your application during the Summer months. So what times of year are the best if I want my k1 visa application processed the fastest? Would now (November-December) be the best time or should I wait until January?

Edited by as1996

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

K1 Visa's have sped up quite a bit from what they were. I have seen people getting NOA 2 in 4 months. The best thing is to submit it as soon as possible. The sooner the better, waiting 2 months to submit it thinking you might save 2 months in time doesn't usually work. The processing times change so much there is no way to know. What is taking 4 months now, could be taking 6 months come January. I would get in line ASAP, don't wait if you have everything ready. Who's to say come January 1st they decide to stop issuing K1 Visa's, Doubtful but who knows. If you have the documents, get it done. This is a long, tedious expensive process, did I say expensive process, just thought I'd reiterate that. But I would file tomorrow if you are ready.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

ASAP 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no time like the present. There isn't really a seasonality when it comes to the immigration process. Yes, there are times--such as the past few month to the present--where the processing times have been faster than usual. However, there isn't really a pattern to it.

Due to the possible changes in the immigration process, I think that it would be unwise to wait. If you are ready to submit now, then submit now.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, as1996 said:

I heard they really take their time if you submit your application during the Summer months. So what times of year are the best if I want my k1 visa application processed the fastest? Would now (November-December) be the best time or should I wait until January?

This is not valid information and processing rate is not “seasonal”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, as1996 said:

I heard that certain times of year the US embassy is much slower in processing K1 fiance visa applications than other times of year. For example, I heard they really take their time if you submit your application during the Summer months. So what times of year are the best if I want my k1 visa application processed the fastest? Would now (November-December) be the best time or should I wait until January?

I'm not sure if there is a best time to be filing but the sooner the better I always say. Although I am sure that there are people who look at the average wait times from time of submitting to interview to plan their travels accordingly. I am sure people would rather travel to their interview and move to the US in the summer rather than the winter time and thus plan their filing accordingly. That's what I am doing and I cant be the only one.

Still we rise, here and now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The best time to file is as soon as you meet the legal requirements and are confident you want to go through the K-1 process (a K-1 is not a "try out living together" visa, it's a fiance(e) visa, and if you don't want to have to rush to meet AOS filing deadlines or have an extended period where the beneficiary has no health insurance because he or she can't get on your insurance until you marry, then it's best to marry fairly soon after entering the US on a K-1).

Processing times go up and down all the time, and no matter when you apply it's a virtual certainty that couples that filed after you will be approved before you. But the sooner you start, the sooner you finish.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, as1996 said:

ASAP. Although July has been the longest wait this year so far.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

DO IT NOW! we submitted ours in Dec 2017, took up about 8 months to hear something. Since Trump came into office there were so many people applying for Visas so they got backed up and we got super unlucky. now it's so much faster. I also think they got more staffing now, but the # of applications is unpredictable, just do it!!

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

7 hours ago, as1996 said:

This makes no sense.  How could waiting two months make the processing "faster"?  They process petitions in (roughly) the order received.  In January, they will still be processing applications with receipt dates months earlier.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would recommend just sending it now and disregarding the season. We submitted in May 2019 and it took about 3 months for NOA2 but some more recent applicants are getting in 2-3 months.

K1 (Canada to USA)

NOA1: 05/09/19

NOA2: 08/12/19

P3: 09/26/19

P4: 11/04/19

Medical: 12/19/19

Interview: 01/15/20

K1 in possession: 02/05/20

• First K1 issued: 01/17/20
  • First K1 sent back due to typo: 01/28/20
  • Final K1 issued: 02/03/20
  • Final K1 in possession: 02/05/20

Entered USA: 02/29/20

Married: 04/18/20

AOS Filed: 09/28/20

AOS NOA: 10/08/20

Biometrics: 07/14/21

AOS Interview: 08/30/21

AOS Approval: 09/03/21

GC Received: 09/11/21

ROC Filed: 06/23/23

ROC NOA: 06/30/23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I129f processing can slow down during the end of the first calendar quarter as they sometimes redeploy resources to review h1b applications 

YMMV

OP,  recent VJ data would suggest that the USCIS part of the process is much faster currently.  When we did ours last year, it took 185 days to get NOA2. Now it seems to be more like 90-ish days.

After NOA2, our process was lightning-fast, and we were married 8 weeks later.  Seems like now the post-NOA2 (NVC, transit, some consulates) portion is taking much longer.

Processing times for each step fluctuate.  It is normal.  It isn't possible to predict how those processing times will speed up or slow down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.