humptydumpty12345

Withdrawal of second application, future application problems?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There is no US visa to "try out" a relationship with an alien love interest.  You're either going to have to be committed to marriage (K-1) or married (CR-1/IR-1).  Given your track record with K-1s and a clear desire to find love overseas, I recommend that if you do find someone else online, that you go live with her in her home country for a few months or years to try it out, then petition for a US visa later once you can trust her and have built a stronger relationship in person.  Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, humptydumpty12345 said:

I applied January 2018 for a k1, it was approved by USCIS and went through the embassy in September 2018; just as our relationship was effectively over (we (she) started to argue too much and it became to "rocky" to sustain; I had not seen her in several months) so the girl broke contact and we did nothing with the visa, I dont know what she said to the embassy person who contacted her.

In June 2019 I applied for another visa (different fiancee from different country that I had met around May 2018 while my earlier relationship had declined; I never actively dated both at once, I never saw my first fiancee in person after March 2018). That second application recently came back to me for request for evidence, asking again about the waiver needed since I had applied for a previous K1 within the two year period. I explained the situation as best I could.

"Hypothetically speaking", supposing I just found out my current fiancee is cheating on me, etc., as in just now I found out, and is no longer suitable for marriage, is it best to withdraw the application as soon as I am sure the relationship is over? I previously did not in my first fiancee because I wasn't sure if we would get back together; Also if withdrawn before approval will this second application for a K1 "count" in future applications I may make? SO I will need additional waivers? I am able to explain the reasoning of each application, but I worry I could be effectively blocked from marrying a foreign spouse for many years. The reality is the dating scene as such it is here means my future spouse will be probably an overseas citizen.

Also any easy link to how to withdraw? I had to send the request for evidence to some PO box in Texas, I didn't keep the document though, not imagining this would end so soon.

Best practice is to send a letter dated and signed with black ink to the USCIS requesting the K1 Petition be withdrawn or cancelled for any relationship that ended. If you applied for two separate K1 visas and are asking if it will affect your potential third petition, it will. You are a serial filer and your best course would to marry any future girlfriend you have and apply for a CR-1. You should then attach any correspondence received from the USCIS saying your petition is cancelled for number 1 and 2 girlfriends. You should be fine for the CR-1/IR-1 process, but prepared to explain the first two K-1 petitions and why your relationship with your hypothetical spouse is different. 

Best of luck on girlfriend number 3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

If you're sure your current relationship is over, I'd focus on withdrawing the current K1. Then give yourself some time and space to heal and recover from these back to back relationships. Don't jump right back into dating. But when that time does come- it sounds like long distance relationships haven't been the best for you- perhaps try something new, domestically...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like he is fed up with swiping left or right or whatever and is looking elsewhere.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like he is fed up with swiping left or right or whatever and is looking elsewhere.

This... Or no one local is interested in what he has to offer.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JFH said:

Are American women really that bad? 

Well just look at a not insignificant part of the VJ user base.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Fogi said:

I am sure we don't know the whole story. LDRs are tough. He said "hypothetical." We don't need to bash him. 

But why would that even cross your mind? If you’re doubting that the person is right for you, you’re not ready for marriage, ergo you are not ready for a K-1 process. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fogi said:

I am sure we don't know the whole story. LDRs are tough. He said "hypothetical." We don't need to bash him. 

Exactly, we are here to support.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JFH said:

But why would that even cross your mind? If you’re doubting that the person is right for you, you’re not ready for marriage, ergo you are not ready for a K-1 process. 

Again, we don't know the whole story. Maybe he doesn't have a lot of relationship experience. Maybe they had a fight and he was emotional when he posted. He's probably not ready for marriage if these things are true, but he was just asking a questions. I agree, 3 fiances in 2 years is wild He's probably not the first, or the last. 

13 minutes ago, Fogi said:

Yeah, we are only hearing one side. But it's his side, and it's bad. Are you suggestion the side of the multiple women he has run through would somehow be... better?

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.