dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2019

680 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
2 minutes ago, paret3169 said:

Woke up to an IL 11/12 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Cc 9/25 Ankara. God is good! Good luck to all!

Congratulations!

One step closer.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Thanks, but my question is WHY do some get DQs while others get CCs?

"Documentarily Qualified" IS NOT THE SAME as "Case Complete" in any language. This process is supposed to be standardized. It's really NOT up to the person reviewing the docs to choose one or the other. The response to applicants/petitioners should be standard and uniform. That's why I think there is difference between DQ and CC, we just don't don't know it.

We got an automated email saying our case was "Documentarily Qualified." That seems to be the official language to move on to the next step, the wait for the Interview Letter. I think people use the terms interchangeably, but that they are the same thing. Case Complete just means, in my understanding, that all of your documents qualified and the NVC is done reviewing it. Did your notice say DQ or CC? 

Finally. My wife's case is in transit. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, gonzolux said:

We got an automated email saying our case was "Documentarily Qualified." That seems to be the official language to move on to the next step, the wait for the Interview Letter. I think people use the terms interchangeably, but that they are the same thing. Case Complete just means, in my understanding, that all of your documents qualified and the NVC is done reviewing it. Did your notice say DQ or CC? 

Mine says DQ. Now the reason I'm bring this is up is b/c some people have on several occasions stated that when they had their interview they felt as if the decision was already made and that the CO took very little time to probe into their case. Which led me to believe that 'CC' = "Case Complete" could be a sign or way NVC tells or communicates with the consulate that they've already done their due diligence vis-a-vis the case in question and that the marriage seems to be bonafied and all docs are in place. In which case, the CO doesn't spend much time with the applicant and quickly approves their case. On the other hand, if you get DQ = Documentarily Qualified, it could mean that the paperwork is complete, BUT heads-up Mr or Mrs. CO, you need to drill further and do your grilling to determine if a visa should be approved or not. Again this is just a "hunch" given that some folks have claimed to have received a DQ while others are getting CC. To validate this "hunch" we need to confirm that those who have had a relatively easier interview had indeed received CC and NOT a DQ.

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Mine says DQ. Now the reason I'm bring this is up is b/c some people have on several occasions stated that when they had their interview they felt as if the decision was already made and that the CO took very little time to probe into their case. Which led me to believe that 'CC' = "Case Complete" could be a sign or way NVC tells or communicates with the consulate that they've already done their due diligence vis-a-vis the case in question and that the marriage seems to be bonafied and all docs are in place. In which case, the CO doesn't spend much time with the applicant and quickly approves their case. On the other hand, if you get DQ = Documentarily Qualified, it could mean that the paperwork is complete, BUT heads-up Mr or Mrs. CO, you need to drill further and do your grilling to determine if a visa should be approved or not. Again this is just a "hunch" given that some folks have claimed to have received a DQ while others are getting CC. To validate this "hunch" we need to confirm that those who have had a relatively easier interview had indeed received CC and NOT a DQ.

We got DQ and had an easy interview with around 8 questions. Only paperwork my husband was asked for was the hard copy of my I864, our joint sponsor's I864, and his passport. My husband picked up his visa today. It's rumored that cases at our embassy are decided before your interview unless you really mess up at your interview. 

I don't claim to be an expert, but it's very clear that once things are past the NVC stage, it varies dramatically from consulate to consulate.  Some consulates scrutinize things heavily, some consulates put a majority (or all?) cases in Administrative Processing after approved interviews, and some consulates deal with only a handful of cases each month and things go faster. 

10 hours ago, PrincessCRV said:

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Thank you so much. Picked up my passport this morning! Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
20 minutes ago, theblooray said:

Can't wait for our turn.

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, theblooray said:

Congrats, have you heard from anyone who has DQ date from August, 2019?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, paret3169 said:

Woke up to an IL 11/12 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Cc 9/25 Ankara. God is good! Good luck to all!

Congrats! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, gonzolux said:

We got DQ and had an easy interview with around 8 questions. Only paperwork my husband was asked for was the hard copy of my I864, our joint sponsor's I864, and his passport. My husband picked up his visa today. It's rumored that cases at our embassy are decided before your interview unless you really mess up at your interview. 

I don't claim to be an expert, but it's very clear that once things are past the NVC stage, it varies dramatically from consulate to consulate.  Some consulates scrutinize things heavily, some consulates put a majority (or all?) cases in Administrative Processing after approved interviews, and some consulates deal with only a handful of cases each month and things go faster. 

Good for you! I guess I still don't understand why some of us get DQ and others get CC! And you're absolutely right., things do vary from one consulate to the other.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Thanks, but my question is WHY do some get DQs while others get CCs?

"Documentarily Qualified" IS NOT THE SAME as "Case Complete" in any language. This process is supposed to be standardized. It's really NOT up to the person reviewing the docs to choose one or the other. The response to applicants/petitioners should be standard and uniform. That's why I think there is difference between DQ and CC, we just don't don't know it.

No one at NVC is using the term. People in the groups are using it interchangeably. The email says:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas. NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MUMBAI (BOMBAY), IND to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).

The process may state specifically that once your documents are qualified then you receive notice that your case is complete (can't remember exactly but likely why they're being used interchangeably).

DQ = CC (and vice versa) on VJ, FB and Whatsapp groups

1 hour ago, Karim2018 said:

Good for you! I guess I still don't understand why some of us get DQ and others get CC! And you're absolutely right., things do vary from one consulate to the other.

The official term is documentarily qualified- DQ. Some people just say case complete or CC as an easy way of saying DQ. We all get the same email saying your Visa immigrant case is documentarily qualified. Just means that the case is complete and waiting for Interview to be scheduled. 

CR1/IR1 for Hubby

Marriage:                           2018-08-19

Sent in I-130:                     2018-10-09

NOA1:                                 2018-10-17

Priority Date:                     2018-10-12

*Potomac Service Center*

NOA2:                                 2019-02-12

Sent to Dept of State:      2019-02-21

NVC Received:                  2019-03-01

Received Case #:              2019-04-03

Pay AOS Bill:                      2019-04-03

Pay IV Bill:                          2019-04-03

Submit DS-261:                 2019-04-06

Submit I-864:                     2019-04-08

Send AOS Package:          2019-04-16

Send IV Package:              2019-04-16

NVC RFE:                            2019-04-23 

Resubmitted RFE:             2019-04-24

Case Complete:                2019-05-14

Interview Letter:                2019-09-16

Interview:                           2019-10-22    APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.