Prisonmate

From NOA to NOA2, What is the longest wait time?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I see many getting their NOA2 within 90 days from their NOA notice. A few within 100 days.  I'm curious what is the longest wait time someone had to endure for their NOA2 approval. 

Would you mind posting the number of days and what did you do to keep your sanity while waiting?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Prisonmate! My fiance and I waited 148 days for our NOA2. We got an RFE within 100 days and was a long wait for approval after RFE. Keeping our sanity has been hard, but dealing with it better nowadays, just focusing on other things, staying busy. Luck!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Prisonmate said:

I see many getting their NOA2 within 90 days from their NOA notice. A few within 100 days.  I'm curious what is the longest wait time someone had to endure for their NOA2 approval. 

Would you mind posting the number of days and what did you do to keep your sanity while waiting?

For my time here, one of the most memorable is @KBA I still can't believe the power they had as a couple. I think you can check the timeline by going there.

But this was not a normal wait for 99.9% of the people here: I say the regular longest waits at worst times was 200 ( but our average 2 years ago was 180-200 days)

I am a highly anxious person and by my 200th day I was going into real negativity. I am now sitting here with my now husband watching TV shows, have an awesome job and really happy life - and that thought ( back then a dream of ours) was the only thing I needed to remember everyday. And to be honest, people in VJ reminded that to each other every day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Prisonmate said:

13 months and two days...ridiculous

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

For my time here, one of the most memorable is @KBA I still can't believe the power they had as a couple. I think you can check the timeline by going there.

But this was not a normal wait for 99.9% of the people here: I say the regular longest waits at worst times was 200 ( but our average 2 years ago was 180-200 days)

I am a highly anxious person and by my 200th day I was going into real negativity. I am now sitting here with my now husband watching TV shows, have an awesome job and really happy life - and that thought ( back then a dream of ours) was the only thing I needed to remember everyday. And to be honest, people in VJ reminded that to each other every day.

Yes, I think our wait was definitely one of the longest! (Take a look at my timeline, it’s not pretty) But we are finally married and submitted the AOS paperwork...and hoping things go smoothly from here! 

582 days @HTMW

Their interview is this Monday please wish them well. Mine was 299 days!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Last year, our wait time from NOA1 to NOA2 was 185 days.  This seems so slow as compared with the faster processing times currently, but our EAD/AP wait time was 135 days, which is faster than average.  We also had a quite fast NOA2-NVC-interview process - 5-6 weeks or so total.

Each part of the process has its own challenges and wait times.  We live in the jurisdiction of one of the busiest LFOs, and don't expect our AOS interview anytime soon.  I'm pretty grateful that my husband can at least work and be readmitted to the US though.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Thanks to those that posted how many days it took to get their NOA2.

Also thanks for giving each other encouragement and to think positive. Sooner or later the NOA2 will arrive.

Tomorrow is Monday. Sept 23rd. Another new week and hopefully, more of us will get an answer from the USCIS. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

IR1 

Nebraska for 10 months and transfered to Missouri (for faster proscessing which was a joke)

missouri for  another 6 months 

and back in 2009/2010 K1 's in California were there long as the building experienced a broken water pipe and USICS had no way to know what applications were lost until people started inquiries

Edited by JeanneAdil

The longest I've seen was around 3+ years for an I-129F for a fiance.

Shortly after when I filed, the norm was around 8-10 months.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mark & Kathe said:

15 months here 😖🙋🏻‍♀️🥴

Fifteen Months?!!!! That's 450 days!!!!!!! I think I would have given up by 300- days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.