dmaan

extreme vetting (social media)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

Actually there have been members who have been asked to sign in to their FB accounts. What gives them the right national security. 

Hmm, asking someone to log into their own account is IMHO not the same as asking for passwords.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Timeline
17 hours ago, kris&me said:

a while back a VJ member posted that her bf had been denied (can not remember what embassy) and she was told the beneficary was talking on social media to several women about love and marriage

and this was before the ds 5535 or the new questions on ds 160/ds260

was it, by any chance, this case? --> 

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, dmaan said:

Hey guys,

I know lately social media of applicants are heavily monitored. Does anyone know if USICS can see private posts on facebook? Has anyone experienced something like this firsthand where they were surprised to find that USCIS had seen pictures posted privately or even deleted? 

USCIS wouldn't care the social media questions are at NVC at DS-160 and DS-260.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

The best way to look at it is Yes they can. 

Now I haven't looked at the new forms but I think they ask for your user names and passwords. They will have full access to everything. just remember once on the net forever on the net. Nothing is truly deleted. 

They never ask for passwords. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Shiran said:

I believe this is the thread in question. 

Notice it "googled" by a councilor officer prior to the interview, not part of any systematic Orwellian information gathering scheme.

This was isolated because he was a public figure and they knew that from his name. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

I really don’t see the problem with this... I think it’s good that they are checking, there’s a lot of crazies out there these days posting threatening threads on social media... 

as as far as immigration / IR/CR1 goes... again it can only help prove legitimate relationships etc... if your relationships are real, there should be nothing to worry about it, just think of it as an extension to criminal checks.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
6 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

I started getting nervous having Alexa in the house because every once in a while she'd chime in without being invoked and so we know she's recorded things we wouldn't want recorded.  We have the news on all the time and there's a whole lot of :ranting:.    Every once in a while we would call out for alexa and then say how much we love USCIS, ICE, IRS or whatever government entity we need to keep on the good side of.

One night we kissed and said good night out of the blue Alexa started reciting Patrick Henry's entire speech that ends with the famous "Give Me Liberty or Give me Death".  It was fascinating and we let her finish but disconcerting.

That's one hell of an Orwellian nightmare. 

~ 

1 minute ago, toocold said:

That's one hell of an Orwellian nightmare. 

Still interesting that people give up their privacy voluntarily by uploading everything to Facebook and buying Alexas/Google home.  Here's my life for a gadget or an online game. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

The best way to look at it is Yes they can. 

Now I haven't looked at the new forms but I think they ask for your user names and passwords. They will have full access to everything. just remember once on the net forever on the net. Nothing is truly deleted. 

They don't ask for passwords. In fact, the new I-160 specifically says, "Please do not provide your passwords".  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 5:34 AM, Unlockable said:

That thread is a good example but it is not the thread @kris&me was referring to. It happened a year or two ago and the officer specifically stated that the beneficiary had multiple contact with other women. The OP of that thread even scanned the 221g that showed what the officer wrote, IIRC.

If I find it I will share

id appreciate it. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, dmaan said:

doesnt seem like it

then I apologize

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/11/2019 at 7:05 PM, dmaan said:

Hey guys,

I know lately social media of applicants are heavily monitored. Does anyone know if USICS can see private posts on facebook? Has anyone experienced something like this firsthand where they were surprised to find that USCIS had seen pictures posted privately or even deleted? 

I'm pretty sure they can't. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.