Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I have applied for a marriage based GC on the 16th of Aug and there has been very little movement on the case till now, I have a job offer waiting and my company want me to join ASAP as they have a few critical deliverables early next year.

Based on this I expedited my EAD on the 6th of Nov and was asked to fax the evidence and offer letter, which we faxed as well as mailed a copy to the NBC location last week.I haven't heard back on whether they've received the evidence or not yet. How does this work? I am not sure what to respond to people from work as there is nothing that I have heard from the USCIS yet.

I called them a couple of days back too, the tier 1 officer had added a note to my case saying the field officer would intimate us if they've gotten the evidence. I am super worried right now. Should I try faxing the evidence again? Please advise.

Also, with thanksgiving and Christmas round the corner, do we expect a drop in number of cases being processed on an average day now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JEREMA4eva said:

Just checking in, stuck at "My Fingerprint Review Was Completed" Sept 24. I am just hoping at this point to get an interview before April 2020 so my medical exam is still valid. Never thought leaving my medical exam till the last minute would be advantageous. 

You and me both. I also had my medical in April, 2 days before Visa interview, and I really don't want to go for a new one just because the office is slow :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Made an inquiry today about my RFE. Never got the update RFE received since we sent the response in September 17th. They said wait another 30days (after the 60 I already waited to make the inquiry) for an answer.Hopefully some good news will come soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, andreaam said:

Made an inquiry today about my RFE. Never got the update RFE received since we sent the response in September 17th. They said wait another 30days (after the 60 I already waited to make the inquiry) for an answer.Hopefully some good news will come soon. 

Keep us posted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

New to the forum...we filed my husband’s paperwork in July along with advanced parole and employment. He went for his fingerprinting months ago. What happens next? Just sit and wait? Should I be checking anything online? Sorry to be clueless...we had quite the ordeal just getting his K1 visa so we don’t have high hopes that anything will go quickly with this either! Thank you in advance! 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
13 minutes ago, KBA said:

New to the forum...we filed my husband’s paperwork in July along with advanced parole and employment. He went for his fingerprinting months ago. What happens next? Just sit and wait? Should I be checking anything online? Sorry to be clueless...we had quite the ordeal just getting his K1 visa so we don’t have high hopes that anything will go quickly with this either! Thank you in advance! 😊

Yes, now you juat wait until you get the scheduled interview notice. 

We had a lot of trouble too with the k1 visa part but were really lucky with this part of the process and received the green card in 4 months. Don't give up hope, it might be quick. Good luck!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, conarroest said:

Yes, now you juat wait until you get the scheduled interview notice. 

We had a lot of trouble too with the k1 visa part but were really lucky with this part of the process and received the green card in 4 months. Don't give up hope, it might be quick. Good luck!!

Ok thank you! 😊 So we just wait for notification in the nail, correct? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, KBA said:

Ok thank you! 😊 So we just wait for notification in the nail, correct? 

If you are not already doing so, you can track your case on the follwing sites:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

If these are new too you, they may or may not update for every step so don't worry if they don't. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
18 hours ago, Sathya said:

Hi All,

I have applied for a marriage based GC on the 16th of Aug and there has been very little movement on the case till now, I have a job offer waiting and my company want me to join ASAP as they have a few critical deliverables early next year.

Based on this I expedited my EAD on the 6th of Nov and was asked to fax the evidence and offer letter, which we faxed as well as mailed a copy to the NBC location last week.I haven't heard back on whether they've received the evidence or not yet. How does this work? I am not sure what to respond to people from work as there is nothing that I have heard from the USCIS yet.

I called them a couple of days back too, the tier 1 officer had added a note to my case saying the field officer would intimate us if they've gotten the evidence. I am super worried right now. Should I try faxing the evidence again? Please advise.

Also, with thanksgiving and Christmas round the corner, do we expect a drop in number of cases being processed on an average day now?

it takes about a month to get a response. you just have to inform the company that. when will your start date be?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

it takes about a month to get a response. you just have to inform the company that. when will your start date be?

The start date was 1st of Nov. They are okay with waiting till next month I believe. Hopefully I hear back something sooner than later.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, KBA said:

July filer as well and we got this update for both I-765 and I-131 COMBO CARD On Monday

Case Was Approved

On November 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Case Was Approved

On November 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Still waiting for this:

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of October 10, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

So hang in there it will come. Hopefully sooner than later. 

On 11/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Mousey said:

Received my Greencard Nov 15th!!!

took us 4 month. 

filed: July 15th

interview: Nov 7th

greencard on hand: Nov 15th

Raleigh Filed Office 

Adjusted from K1 

Congrats Mousey! I remember you from K1 filing time)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Olga&Jared said:

You and me both. I also had my medical in April, 2 days before Visa interview, and I really don't want to go for a new one just because the office is slow :D 

Yes, and expensive! I'd like to spend that money on gas to the beach instead..Half Moon Bay is the best you are so close :)

1 hour ago, FaithProfessoR said:

July filer as well and we got this update for both I-765 and I-131 COMBO CARD On Monday

Case Was Approved

On November 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Case Was Approved

On November 18, 2019, we approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Still waiting for this:

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of October 10, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

So hang in there it will come. Hopefully sooner than later. 

Did u expedite your EAD?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.