Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 11/8/2019 at 2:04 PM, Moe428 said:

Mine changed recently to the same status as well, and my field office is also Sacramento.  I am not expecting any interview before spring time at the earliest.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, bigjuniper said:

Just checked the site today and saw that our "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" ... so, still in the waiting game but at least we're on to the next phase of the waiting game! Our field office will be Sacramento which I think has long processing times.

Will be curious to follow you guys' timeline. My local office is San Francisco with an even longer wait time (even though ironically, it is slightly quicker and easier for us to get to Sacramento from our place) but I am looking forward to hear updates from fellow North Bay/Inland California offices.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, cmLee said:

Will be curious to follow you guys' timeline.

Likewise! I wonder if your application goes faster as you’ve been “in the system” for so long (comparatively).

Did you expedite your EAD or did it just happen that quickly on its own? I mean your case is really different than those of us doing K-1 adjustments - you’re already working, so the EAD seems redundant (unless, like you say, you move).

Timeline
1 hour ago, bigjuniper said:

Likewise! I wonder if your application goes faster as you’ve been “in the system” for so long (comparatively).

Did you expedite your EAD or did it just happen that quickly on its own? I mean your case is really different than those of us doing K-1 adjustments - you’re already working, so the EAD seems redundant (unless, like you say, you move).

I can only hope! But I'm prepared in not getting my hopes up for an interview anytime sooner than a year. Year and a half at the earliest is what I'm thinking at this point...

I did not expedite my EAD. You're right - the only reason why I decided to apply for EAD and AP is because we might possibly move to the east coast next year. My husband is from Maryland and his family wants us to move back east to be closer to them :) Also we're not very happy with where we are at now location wise.

My next question is - does anyone know how USCIS handles transfer cases? So if I were to move, does my case get moved to the back of the queue once again at a different local office? Or does it still follow the wait time corresponding to the original receipt date? Any ideas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
46 minutes ago, cmLee said:

I can only hope! But I'm prepared in not getting my hopes up for an interview anytime sooner than a year. Year and a half at the earliest is what I'm thinking at this point...

I did not expedite my EAD. You're right - the only reason why I decided to apply for EAD and AP is because we might possibly move to the east coast next year. My husband is from Maryland and his family wants us to move back east to be closer to them :) Also we're not very happy with where we are at now location wise.

My next question is - does anyone know how USCIS handles transfer cases? So if I were to move, does my case get moved to the back of the queue once again at a different local office? Or does it still follow the wait time corresponding to the original receipt date? Any ideas?

If you move you have to submit an AR-11 online. All cases are processed at the NBC, what makes some cases move ‘faster’than  others is the availability of appointment slots for the interview and the backlog of your local office. 

16 hours ago, Jo&Ryan said:

2 months and a few days from biometrics and still counting... losing all the hopes day by day :(

I feel you everyday I get more sad..almost 2 months since they received our RFE response.... :(  but we gotta stay positive we will get there

Edited by LuFlolady

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey all, 

Just got our official interview letter. They want a TON of stuff brought to the interview, including the i-864, tax returns, all supporting evidence of bona fide marriage etc. This was all filed with the original paperwork... I'm assuming that we still need to bring all of it unless someone knows otherwise? Can't believe we have to put all this stuff together again! Such a pain. 

AOS from VWP/ESTA

Filed: 07/05/2019

Notified Via Text: 07/12/2019

Checks Cashed: 07/15/2019

Biometrics Taken: 8/10/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

Hey all, 

Just got our official interview letter. They want a TON of stuff brought to the interview, including the i-864, tax returns, all supporting evidence of bona fide marriage etc. This was all filed with the original paperwork... I'm assuming that we still need to bring all of it unless someone knows otherwise? Can't believe we have to put all this stuff together again! Such a pain. 

Yes, basically take a copy of everything you already filed, and take originals of documents aswell, as they may want to see them, the actually took a photo copy of my old passport even though i had already provided that when filing, you need to take all of this incase any of the paperwork you filed has been lost on its way to the interview office.

You shouldnt have to put it all together again given that its recommended that you photo copy everything before you send it the first time, as i did this, i already had everything sitting ready to go, dont be surprised if they dont look at alot of stuff you brought, like i said, i took everything, and all they asked for was old passport ( which showed the I-94 stamps ) and some updated photos from when my family visited.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rayge said:

Yes, basically take a copy of everything you already filed, and take originals of documents aswell, as they may want to see them, the actually took a photo copy of my old passport even though i had already provided that when filing, you need to take all of this incase any of the paperwork you filed has been lost on its way to the interview office.

You shouldnt have to put it all together again given that its recommended that you photo copy everything before you send it the first time, as i did this, i already had everything sitting ready to go, dont be surprised if they dont look at alot of stuff you brought, like i said, i took everything, and all they asked for was old passport ( which showed the I-94 stamps ) and some updated photos from when my family visited.

I don't think I photo copied anything. It should be somewhat easy for me to go back and get the proper bank statements and what not though. Do you think I need to print the same monthly statements  as the ones I submitted, or can I print out all of the most recent versions of the evidence? 

I feel dumb for not copying everything now. I definitely should have. One of the bullets literally says "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records". 

AOS from VWP/ESTA

Filed: 07/05/2019

Notified Via Text: 07/12/2019

Checks Cashed: 07/15/2019

Biometrics Taken: 8/10/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, cmLee said:

Will be curious to follow you guys' timeline. My local office is San Francisco with an even longer wait time (even though ironically, it is slightly quicker and easier for us to get to Sacramento from our place) but I am looking forward to hear updates from fellow North Bay/Inland California offices.

Hey! I am also in Bay Area. I had SF office as well originally when I filed in July and had my case ready to be scheduled on October 9. But I moved to Mountain View afterwards, and now I am near San Jose office. I don't know if it's going to be just as bad as SF, but I also don't hope for interview to happen soon. My Ready date was also updated to November 1. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

Hey! I am also in Bay Area. I had SF office as well originally when I filed in July and had my case ready to be scheduled on October 9. But I moved to Mountain View afterwards, and now I am near San Jose office. I don't know if it's going to be just as bad as SF, but I also don't hope for interview to happen soon. My Ready date was also updated to November 1. 

How was the case transfer process like? Does your case go back to NBC and then gets sent to another local office (based on your new address)? Do you get a new receipt date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cmLee said:

How was the case transfer process like? Does your case go back to NBC and then gets sent to another local office (based on your new address)? Do you get a new receipt date?

I just filed AR-11 Changed of Address form online on USCIS website and then they sent me confirmation via email that my address was updated in the systems. I called later to make sure the change happened (it did), and I was also told that based on my postal code my case will be transferred to San Jose office. I don't really know much about what exactly happens to my case behind the curtains, but I should have my interview in San Jose instead of San Francisco now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Olga&Jared said:

I just filed AR-11 Changed of Address form online on USCIS website and then they sent me confirmation via email that my address was updated in the systems. I called later to make sure the change happened (it did), and I was also told that based on my postal code my case will be transferred to San Jose office. I don't really know much about what exactly happens to my case behind the curtains, but I should have my interview in San Jose instead of San Francisco now.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I don't know if anyone truly knows the inner workings of USCIS - good thing we have this community to share our thoughts and experiences! I think the SF local office is the most backlogged in CA (if not in the country....) so hopefully your case will go quicker. Good luck and hope you hear back on an interview date soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just checking in, stuck at "My Fingerprint Review Was Completed" Sept 24. I am just hoping at this point to get an interview before April 2020 so my medical exam is still valid. Never thought leaving my medical exam till the last minute would be advantageous. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.