Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, Fer Schvarztman said:

Guys I can finally say that yesterday I received my Interview Notice. Fortunately my medical examination will be ready this week. ( payed $900 bcs I needed to take some vaccine shots).

I would love to hear any advice and recommendations for the interview based on your experience, such as how you organized the paperwork or How you guys prepared for the interview, the kind of questions asked or anything you feel it could help us out finishing this process with  GC in hand. ❤

I will totally appreciate the help, tips and take aways about your AOS interviews. 🙏

Will keep you posted in 3 weeks!!

Hey Fer why did you do the medical again ? Isn’t valid for 2 years ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Libtti said:

She got a letter before the interview was scheduled saying she needed a new medical exam. She can give more inside about I am sure 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 2/16/2021 at 10:20 AM, Fer Schvarztman said:

I asked the same question to check if my paperwork was complete, and got a couple of answers. 

I prepared everything with binder & paper clips. Original + copies. And organized it in the following groups

A. Beneficiary Docs. 

Passport, acta de nacimiento, USCIS notices, marriage certificate, etc.

B. Petitioner Docs

Birth Certificate, id,passport,I'd,etc.

C. Affidavit of support

Sponsor, joint sponsor & beneficiary employment docs. 

(Didn't ask me for these papers, only Petitioner &  asked me about my employer)

D. Bank joint Account

Didn't want these proof either.

E. Proof of Marriage 1 and 2. 

Pictures, rent lease,proof of adress,health inssurance,etc.

Only took the pictures.

Good luck! You will do good and keep us posted!

Thankies for sharing, it's much appreciated! :3

Unfortunately the weather conditions in Texas have not gotten any better and the field office in Dallas has been closed since Tuesday (Monday was President Day and they were closed anyway) and not going to be opening until Thursday as it seems like. So we weren't able to have our interview as scheduled! Hopefully our interview gets rescheduled soon but we don't mind the wait since I have my renewed EAD combo card which is valid for another year. Be safe and stay warm ya'll! ❤️

Timeline
17 hours ago, Nyalimera said:

Thankies for sharing, it's much appreciated! :3

Unfortunately the weather conditions in Texas have not gotten any better and the field office in Dallas has been closed since Tuesday (Monday was President Day and they were closed anyway) and not going to be opening until Thursday as it seems like. So we weren't able to have our interview as scheduled! Hopefully our interview gets rescheduled soon but we don't mind the wait since I have my renewed EAD combo card which is valid for another year. Be safe and stay warm ya'll! ❤️

Good! Take these extra time to practice some questions for the interview. You can search for most common AOS Interview questions and that will help you focus, and know what to expect. Good luck! And congratulations for your EAD combo card

Timeline
20 hours ago, Libtti said:

Good morning!!this is lily  Not sure why but I lost my old account !! I have my interview 3/10/21 . Do you know guys if we have to do the medical form again ? Also I’ve been working for a year, do I have to show paystubs or anything like that? 

Hey lily! I had my interview the Feb 11th. I had to do the medical examination because I received a formal notification 2 month prior the interview and the same notification with the interview appointment. If you received it, no matter the K1 rules, you must. I'm in NYC, and my medical cost was $450 + vaccinations I needed was $900 total. 

I also have a job and created a folder called "beneficiary employment documents" added the same info you add on a Affidavit of support without the taxes (employer letter,paystubs,bank statements & check deposits,w2 & 401k & retirement plan).

The rep didn't ask for this paperwork, but its better if you have it just in case, he mentioned I will be asked for that info for the removal of condition in 2years. 

Good luck! and ask all your doubts before the interview we got you! 👍

Timeline
20 hours ago, Libtti said:

The law changed in 2018, and even if K1 visas are exempt of performing a new medical examination, the USCIS can consider to ask for the medical examination after 2 years of completing the k1 medical examination overseas.

My medical was still valid, but as I got a formal notice I had no option to do what they asked. To verify talked with a USCIS rep thru chat and said that you have to do everything the USCIS notices asks. 

The exam is just the same as the one you did in Argentina for the K1.

Timeline

Hey guys, today I received a USCIS notice for "Initial Interview" asking for all the paperwork we already presented (I have the GC). Have anyone experienced something like this?

The notices date is February 18th, my interview was Feb 11th and was approved the same day, and I also have the approval notice so, I'm confused.

Will chat with USCIS to check if it was a glitch. 

😔

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 👋 Last Wednesday I had my interview for the green card and they approved !!

I went with my husband and 
they asked us for our  birth certificate,IDS and marriage certificate (original). The girl who interviewed us  looked at my folder and only took some photos, tax returns and my husband’s employee letter. 
They asked us how we met, where we married, how many times we traveled to see each other, also they asked me, my husband’s date of birth and his full name. 

I didn’t practice or anything because I’m so tired of this hahahahha.  And are very basic questions that you know!! 

thank you guys always for the help !!and now to relax 🧖‍♀️ 💕💕 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my interview scheduled 3 weeks prior to the date, on our gosh darn anniversary June 21...when we had plans to be IN TAHOE...oh well. 😅 We rescheduled camping to another *less fun* location, it was very stressful, how rude to schedule our interview on our 2 year anni! HOWEVER, it meant that we were within hours of getting my 10 year GC...so I was okay with it! Interview was great except agent asked for all sorts of documents that seemed unnecessary, we didn't have SO's taxes and it was an awkward silence while she contemplated requiring them..we had all his paperwork proving continued employment and financial support too! *barks like a dog* *rolls over for uscis for a cookie* 🐕

Edited by JEREMA4eva

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.