Bynx24

Do not Ignore Obvious Signs

112 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

and the same can happen with another USC / some just can not be faithful / some are users and abusers

I sometimes watch 90 day fiancee and wonder how any of them got thru the system

and i am reminded of The VJ member who waited at the Atlanta airport and waited and got a text messages saying customs was sending her back

when he drove out, he happened to see her leaving in another car

I remember that one, he was devastated, hope he is doing OK now 

12 minutes ago, missileman said:

I'm sure your family will be relieved that you had the sense to see the problem and to take action....

I truly hope that you a re right and that they don't mock me with the I told you so's, I am soo embarassed, I can't wait to just get home and face everyone and get it out of the way, horrible.

1 minute ago, missileman said:

Sad story, in deed.....That one might be a chapter in my new book "Tales of the Green Card".

Write it. I'd definitely buy it!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, bynx25 said:

I truly hope that you a re right and that they don't mock me with the I told you so's, I am soo embarassed, I can't wait to just get home and face everyone and get it out of the way, horrible.

If any family says "I told you so"

say thank you / I heard what you said and that made me take a closer look at the whole situation

give the person credit for caring 

5 minutes ago, missileman said:

Regardless of their reaction, you have shown remarkable vision and courage........some have seen issues like this after marriage, when it becomes a bigger mess.......hold your head high, for you have avoided the scam.

Thank you, I WILL hold my head up high, posting this today has helped me tremendously, Forever grateful for the kind words during such a difficult time.

6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

If any family says "I told you so"

say thank you / I heard what you said and that made me take a closer look at the whole situation

give the person credit for caring 

Thank you ❤️ I will say exactly that, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

2 hours ago, Bynx24 said:

Exactly!!!! This is the part that blows my mind!

Best not to question it....good thing you caught on early.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

1 hour ago, bynx25 said:

It's Amber, I had to open a new acct because it locked me out , it said wait 24 hours, number of posts exceeded, so I can not answer to anyone or message, can this be fixed????

That's a safety measure to make sure we reduce spam.  Your TOS prevents you from making multiple accounts as well.  So just wait to post vs making multiple accounts

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, Bynx24 said:

Sad state of affairs, truly is :(

Our interview with the consulate is pending, how can I cancel it? I don't want to react out of anger so I will exclude the part where his intention was a greencard , I will let life deal with him BUT, do I have to give a reason?

Immediately email the consulate (check the Consulate listings for how easy they are to communicate with) and call them too. (again depends on the consulate) to withdraw the petition. Also, contact USCIS and let them know too

Good luck. As someone said life is too short to miserable with him.

As Maya D'Angelu said...." If someone shows you what they are, believe them'  

2 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Immediately email the consulate (check the Consulate listings for how easy they are to communicate with) and call them too. (again depends on the consulate) to withdraw the petition. Also, contact USCIS and let them know too

Good luck. As someone said life is too short to miserable with him.

As Maya D'Angelu said...." If someone shows you what they are, believe them'  

Amen , this is actually my favorite quote, believe them the first time, I didn't the first time and I allowed it over and over again, thing is, if I don't love me than no one else can, self love.

I have emailed both consulate and NVC, once it is pulled than I can work on a divorce, thank you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Before misleading people or putting things out there, get your facts right!!! If you get cheated on by a citizen, he/she is called a cheater but if he/she is from another country, they are using you. I’m not exonerating anyone but don’t forget cheating knows no geography. 

52 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

Marriage is serious business. I can’t stress enough how important it is to take your time getting to know someone however long it takes. 

This!  Though the OP had many visits prior, there are SO many others who come here wanting to get info on marrying after the first visit (or even before!).

*Hugs* to the OP.  Focus on doing something nice for yourself.  It is easy to beat up on ourselves after such an experience, but ultimately that won't change the outcome.  Sounds to me like he took advantage of some of your best qualities.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.