changbaihou

Processing Times (I-751/I-751A) for Nebraska Service Center (LIN-xxxxxxx)

1,230 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chocobo said:

We appreciate your patience while we review your case. 

I feel like telling them "Thank you, but it would be really cool if you could show me your appreciation by working on my case". I bet you money that it takes them more time to write something like this than to open up a package and see a bona fide relationship.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks - hope everybody is planning some fun stuff for the upcoming long weekend.

Nothing to report in terms of updates on my end, however, in case any of the LIN filing folks missed it: Looks like 2 users posted in the February 2021 thread that their LIN 10-year cards arrived. Just wanted to bubble to the top - hopefully our time is near 🙏

Wishing you all a safe 4th of July!

11 hours ago, seattleAOS said:

Hey folks - hope everybody is planning some fun stuff for the upcoming long weekend.

Nothing to report in terms of updates on my end, however, in case any of the LIN filing folks missed it: Looks like 2 users posted in the February 2021 thread that their LIN 10-year cards arrived. Just wanted to bubble to the top - hopefully our time is near 🙏

Hi seattleAOS,

Did you by any chance find out if they were ROC from an AOS application? I noticed there is a difference in processing times for those who are on other ROC applications from K1 or IR/CR, which are expectedly having shorter approval periods from ROC filing.

Cheers,

G&A

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Joining the LIN club. Just received a notice in the mail  with LIN case number today. Weird as i received no text about my case number. Good luck everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/2/2022 at 12:39 AM, Gaps0214 said:

Hi seattleAOS,

Did you by any chance find out if they were ROC from an AOS application? I noticed there is a difference in processing times for those who are on other ROC applications from K1 or IR/CR, which are expectedly having shorter approval periods from ROC filing.

Cheers,

G&A

Interesting. So what’s the trend for those of us that adjusted status from another visa?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

10 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Interesting. So what’s the trend for those of us that adjusted status from another visa?

You can check out the worksheet for this thread.

You will find the difference in approval timelines.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I just received notice that my N400 interview has been scheduled and a few questions:

- is the interview date usually in the near future (waiting for snail mail letter for exact date.. as only have online update which didn’t show scheduled date)

- What types of things will be asked in the interview and does it include the citizenship test? If it doesn’t, when does that occur?

- Should/Can my husband come to the interview?

- I’m a Feb 2021 i751 filer (accepted March 5th). I am hoping to be approved in the next couple of weeks based on some Feb 28 filers getting their approval in the past week… but if it’s not approved in time for the interview what happens? If it is approved in time does that mean I can likely become a citizen fairly quickly after the interview is complete?

Thank You Thank You

On 8/15/2022 at 7:52 AM, nekojita said:

I just received notice that my N400 interview has been scheduled and a few questions:

- is the interview date usually in the near future (waiting for snail mail letter for exact date.. as only have online update which didn’t show scheduled date)

- What types of things will be asked in the interview and does it include the citizenship test? If it doesn’t, when does that occur?

- Should/Can my husband come to the interview?

- I’m a Feb 2021 i751 filer (accepted March 5th). I am hoping to be approved in the next couple of weeks based on some Feb 28 filers getting their approval in the past week… but if it’s not approved in time for the interview what happens? If it is approved in time does that mean I can likely become a citizen fairly quickly after the interview is complete?

Thank You Thank You

Congratulations on your N400 interview notice.

From what I read around here, your actual interview date depends on your local processing center, and CA should be quite quick. Have you tried going into your online USCIS account to see the actual notice, they would post that in your history while they also send the paper document by mail.

For your preparation go to: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/find-study-materials-and-resources

About your husband coming to the interview, see your interview notice. Other people in this thread would recommend that you bring your husband and let him wait in the car while you go in and if in case the IO asks for your husband you can always call him to walk in.

N400 applications do not get approved ahead of the I751. They are likely to be adjudicated at the same time, so be prepared for the I751 to be part of your N400 interview. This is where your husband is likely to be needed.

Good luck with the N400 interview

Cheers,

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

Congratulations on your N400 interview notice.

From what I read around here, your actual interview date depends on your local processing center, and CA should be quite quick. Have you tried going into your online USCIS account to see the actual notice, they would post that in your history while they also send the paper document by mail.

For your preparation go to: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/find-study-materials-and-resources

About your husband coming to the interview, see your interview notice. Other people in this thread would recommend that you bring your husband and let him wait in the car while you go in and if in case the IO asks for your husband you can always call him to walk in.

N400 applications do not get approved ahead of the I751. They are likely to be adjudicated at the same time, so be prepared for the I751 to be part of your N400 interview. This is where your husband is likely to be needed.

Good luck with the N400 interview

Cheers,

Thanks! Didn’t realize I could sign in to see the full notice. Looks like I’m scheduled for Sept 27 (Seattle area), so I have a little over a month to study 🙂

Hopefully the i751 gets approved first and I can do the oath ceremony the same day as the interview. Almost done with all this immigration ‘fun!’

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, seattleAOS said:

Update: Case was approved with no RFE 9/1/22; just received a notification on the Case Tracker app this morning. Stay the course, LIN filers!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, seattleAOS said:

Update: Case was approved with no RFE 9/1/22; just received a notification on the Case Tracker app this morning. Stay the course, LIN filers!

Please complete your timeline on your account. It would help other LIN filers.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

I751 just approved on 9/7 with no RFE and no interview (Filed 3/1/21). Received notification of n400 interview a few weeks ago which is scheduled for late Sept.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day VJ’s,

I know this has been asked many times in the past and I apologize for asking. Anyway, I filed my application 3 years ago 6/20/19 and still no decision. Still waiting to schedule for my interview. I am looking for a new job and since my greencard is expired I will be needing a proof of my status. My question is, for those that had an appointment to have passport stamped, did you guys bring evidence why you need the stamp? What did you guys bring? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 minute ago, Leighmhe said:

Good day VJ’s,

I know this has been asked many times in the past and I apologize for asking. Anyway, I filed my application 3 years ago 6/20/19 and still no decision. Still waiting to schedule for my interview. I am looking for a new job and since my greencard is expired I will be needing a proof of my status. My question is, for those that had an appointment to have passport stamped, did you guys bring evidence why you need the stamp? What did you guys bring? 

Thank you in advance! 

If you removed wording from Social Security card and have a valid drivers license / ID that's all you need to prove your work authorization.

For stamp, it wouldn't hurt to bring expired extension letter and job offer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.