changbaihou

Processing Times (I-751/I-751A) for Nebraska Service Center (LIN-xxxxxxx)

1,230 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@Rocio0010 some divorce waiver interviews are waived if substantial evidence is provided. I think @Annfan12 should be OK, especially if evidence of sending divorce decree and waiver exists. Can definitely follow up with USCIS to be 100% sure.

Yeah, I wouldn’t lose sleep over this one, but double check with USCIS for peace of mind 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

24 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Never mind, I just read your older thread and it seems that you did submit your divorce decree and did everything by the books. It is strange, though, that they haven't called you for an interview because most 751 divorce waivers are called for an interview. Unless they are starting to waive those too? I don't know. Did you follow my advice to talk to a tier 2 officer?

I tried several times to get a hold of a tier 2 officer but never got that far. My last attempt was a month ago and they forwarded my request to Nebraska processing center. Tis what I got last time

"On October 19, 2022, your Other - Tier 1, referral number WKDxxxxxxxxxx, was assigned to an officer for response".

Prior to that, the agent I chatted with told me he sent a request to get a hold of a Tier 2 officer. I then got an email saying an officer will call me within 30 days but nada.. I just got the usual template response via email. I didn't contact them anymore after that.

I'll try again this week. I AM expecting to get an interview because of the switch request that's why I am not at ease on this one. I really don't want any hiccups by the time I apply for the citizenship.

Edited by Annfan12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Annfan12 said:

I tried several times to get a hold of a tier 2 officer but never got that far. My last attempt was a month ago and they forwarded my request to Nebraska processing center. Tis what I got last time

"On October 19, 2022, your Other - Tier 1, referral number WKDxxxxxxxxxx, was assigned to an officer for response".

Prior to that, the agent I chatted with told me he sent a request to get a hold of a Tier 2 officer. I then got an email saying an officer will call me within 30 days but nada.. I just got the usual template response via email. I didn't contact them anymore after that.

I'll try again this week. I AM expecting to get an interview because of the switch request that's why I am not at ease on this one. I really don't want any hiccups by the time I apply for the citizenship.

It seems you've made efforts to contact them. Did you keep a receipt of the ticket that says that your package was delivered? I would hold on to that, plus the email saying they will contact you in 30 days. I understand your concern, but I think you're just fine. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

• 2 weeks later...

Nebraska service center

I751 NOA June 26 2021

sept 09 2021 fingerprint reused

Got 18 and 24 month extension 

Online N400 application 

N400 applied June 27 2022

same day fingerprint taken

Oct 13 2022 interview at Cleveland Ohio office 

Decision can not be made pending removal of condition 

Nov 28 2022 interview for removal of condition 

it was tough because I had a restraining order on my husband way back in 2019 October so they told me I went back to him for green card it’s a long story 

But was approved both cases waiting for my oath letter. 
Thanks be to God and this community I joined in 2018 from my K-1 

• 2 weeks later...

My online case status for I-751 ROC just changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken", I didn't have to show up for biometrics.

I hope this is a good sign that the paperwork is moving through the system and my naturalization is finally approved for oath-taking (N-400 was passed on 11/10).

Wish me luck.

Cheers,

On 12/13/2022 at 12:14 PM, Gaps0214 said:

My online case status for I-751 ROC just changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken", I didn't have to show up for biometrics.

I hope this is a good sign that the paperwork is moving through the system and my naturalization is finally approved for oath-taking (N-400 was passed on 11/10).

Wish me luck.

Cheers,

Online case status update: case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction.

Just keeping you guys posted.

Cheers

19 minutes ago, DanIon said:

So  you did not have a combo interview ? My ROC is still not done but my interview is soon.

No combo interview, the IO said she doesn't do combo interviews, I had my spouse with me if she would do it.

She only said that she will review my A-file from LIN and I should get an invite to take the oath if there are no further questions on the I-751. But definitively she said I won't be called for another interview for ROC, but then again stranger things happen in this funny journey of ours.

Penny for your thought: Someone over at the Seattle thread posted that they passed their N400 with a pending I-751 (from where didn't write it in) and IO scheduled them for same day oath taking - a classic reversal of the rule that N400 cannot be approved without the I-751 approved first - you're welcome to scratch your head just as I did >\<p

52 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

Penny for your thought: Someone over at the Seattle thread posted that they passed their N400 with a pending I-751 (from where didn't write it in) and IO scheduled them for same day oath taking - a classic reversal of the rule that N400 cannot be approved without the I-751 approved first - you're welcome to scratch your head just as I did >\<p

Can you please give a link to the post? Did they explicitly say there was no I-751 interview on the same day as N-400 or I-751 hasn't been approved on the same day?

If N-400 was somehow mistakenly approved without I-751 approval, it's not legal. There's a written procedure and IO could have broken it (I doubt it).

Edited by OldUser

5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Can you please give a link to the post? Did they explicitly say there was no I-751 interview on the same day as N-400 or I-751 hasn't been approved on the same day?

If N-400 was somehow mistakenly approved without I-751 approval, it's not legal. There's a written procedure and IO could have broken it (I doubt it).

Yeah I thought so too. I re-read the post, it is what I said it is

Just now, Gaps0214 said:

Yeah I thought so too. I re-read the post, it is what I said it is

And here's the full text: "

On Monday I had my interview with a pending removal of conditions. I got the test questions, and then I was asked few questions about my marriage.  My husband was not required to attend the interview with me.

Then, the interviewer asked the yes/no questions, and then told me that I can proceed to get my oath ceremony. After getting the Oath, I got a case update that notified me of the oath. A day after I got a text confirming that my removal of conditions application was transferred to seattle. It is not approved yet, but I do not care. I do not know if it matters, but we moved to another state and got back to Seattle early this year. Removals conditions was submitted while we lived in the other coast around June 2021.

Then proceed to book an appointment for my passport. I did not expect to get the oath on the same day.   For the USPS passport, I was lucky to find an open slot for today's morning. Something to note is that for your passport they will keep your naturalization doc. You also need to bring at least two other IDs. It could be your DL /State ID and an insurance card for example. You need to bring cash or debit card to USPS. They do not take credit cards.  I chose the fastest shipping so I should get my passport between 2 and 4 weeks counting from today. I chose the passport (book) and card. 

Any insights on getting the enhanced driver license? Not sure of whether is worth getting it since it is not needed until 2025 now.

Good luck everyone!"

@Gaps0214 I'm skeptical about this success story from a user who joined 3 hours ago to post just one message which is their unrealistic approval. Especially in Seattle. Seems like trolling, but maybe it just me. Good for them if that's true.

Link:

On 12/14/2022 at 6:03 PM, OldUser said:

@Gaps0214 I'm skeptical about this success story from a user who joined 3 hours ago to post just one message which is their unrealistic approval. Especially in Seattle. Seems like trolling, but maybe it just me. Good for them if that's true.

Link:

Troll is back on the thread, it feels like rubbing salt on an open wound, s/he is not very clear about why his 

On 12/14/2022 at 6:03 PM, OldUser said:

Link:

I believe your suspicion is correct, psycho in the thread.

I just got my naturalization interview scheduled in Denver, still no word on the LIN ROC (Pending since July 2021). Did anybody successfully request a combo interview before their N-400 interview date and if so, how did you do it? Not sure it's possible at all, but happy to hear what others have tried.

Edit to add that ROC is stuck on "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" since February.

Edited by Catseal

3 minutes ago, Catseal said:

I just got my naturalization interview scheduled in Denver, still no word on the LIN ROC (Pending since July 2021). Did anybody successfully request a combo interview before their N-400 interview date and if so, how did you do it? Not sure it's possible at all, but happy to hear what others have tried.

Edit to add that ROC is stuck on "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" since February.

I uploaded a letter for a combo interview in my online case for the N400. My spouse came to the N400 interview with me, anticipating they will adjudicate both the I-751 and N-400. But I got an officer who only processed the N-400 and when I passed it said she needed to get my A-file from LIN to look over, and unless they've got questions, there should be no need for an ROC interview. My A-file was transferred from LIN to local office after exactly 30 days. It's been a week since, and I have not heard about anything, so maybe another 3 weeks before they'll update my case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.