Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those who received their EAD/AP card, did your status online changed first before you received the card? There’s a package coming in that I cannot see the recipient in Informed Delivery. My online status didn’t changed yet. Just asking because I don’t want to keep my hopes up that I’ll receive the combo card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, Michaela K. said:

You're welcome and thank you! I think 401k beneficiary is valuable too because it shows an asset that has both of you on it. The mail addressed to him may seem silly and not that significant but the officer took all of it from us and you never know, it may help. Definitely doesn't hurt anything.

Also, our officer asked about car ownership/insurance in both names, which we didn't have. And he said when it comes to the evidence, it's better to see something from the whole period of marriage and not just one month prior to the interview. That people just grab bills from their counter that month instead of collecting it the whole time. So if you do the conversations or any bills/statements, try to bring one from each month or every other month to show consistency I guess. He didn't say it's bad to have something just from one month, but it makes their decision easier I think. 

Otherwise, don't worry. We had lots of stuff and I felt so nervous and worried that we don't have enough anyway. I think it's normal! I saw some people bringing much less to the interview and they got approved without any problem.

Edit: Just saw your interview is today, good luck!

On 7/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, Canadian87 said:

Let us know how it goes!

Our's is next week. Good luck!!

We were worried about nothing! All he wanted was health insurance info, copy of our credit cards to prove he's an authorized user, joint checking account statement, lease information (original, addendum adding him, addendum adding our dog) and 401k info. He looked through our pictures but did not take them. By the time I was trying to hand him mail addressed to both of us, the poor officer was like "what is this why are you giving this -- I have what I need, you're approved." So we got approved on the spot and were sent home w/a letter confirming it. Yay!!! Considering it was addressed to my husband and signed by someone *not* our officer and he had it handy tells me we were likely going to be approved regardless, unless there were any snafus. Status changed to "New card is being produced" by 3pm that day :) Thank you guys for your advice and kind words!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rylee said:

We were worried about nothing! All he wanted was health insurance info, copy of our credit cards to prove he's an authorized user, joint checking account statement, lease information (original, addendum adding him, addendum adding our dog) and 401k info. He looked through our pictures but did not take them. By the time I was trying to hand him mail addressed to both of us, the poor officer was like "what is this why are you giving this -- I have what I need, you're approved." So we got approved on the spot and were sent home w/a letter confirming it. Yay!!! Considering it was addressed to my husband and signed by someone *not* our officer and he had it handy tells me we were likely going to be approved regardless, unless there were any snafus. Status changed to "New card is being produced" by 3pm that day :) Thank you guys for your advice and kind words!

So happy for you, congrats!! We were going through our paperwork last night, Thursday can't come soon enough. 

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Canadian87 said:

So happy for you, congrats!! We were going through our paperwork last night, Thursday can't come soon enough. 

I'm excited for you guys! I'm sure it'll go very well. Detroit didn't seem like a difficult office. He didn't even really interview us, just fact-checked our application (birthdays, addresses, names) and read off all the yes-no boxes. Let us know how it goes :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rylee said:

I'm excited for you guys! I'm sure it'll go very well. Detroit didn't seem like a difficult office. He didn't even really interview us, just fact-checked our application (birthdays, addresses, names) and read off all the yes-no boxes. Let us know how it goes :)

Will do for sure! 

I hope it goes as well for us; we had to get a co-sponsor because my wife was a student until a few months before we got married, and then she was in hospital with emergency surgery and off work for a while. I hope we get on the spot approval as well :) 

We will most likely be going to Luna to celebrate after haha

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Timeline
12 hours ago, PaulaMarie said:

For those who received their EAD/AP card, did your status online changed first before you received the card? There’s a package coming in that I cannot see the recipient in Informed Delivery. My online status didn’t changed yet. Just asking because I don’t want to keep my hopes up that I’ll receive the combo card.

Oh hi. yes it changes whenever your card is being produce if they mailed it to you and if the card is pick up by USPS

02/12/2018- Mailed the Documents to USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

I'm so happy! Just got the email saying that an interview was scheduled! Now I just need to wait for the notice to arrive.

Of course because nothing can be perfect I just sent a request to change address two days ago and it wasn't confirmed yet, so I just hope the notice arrives at any of the two addresses. 

When I was filling the request I even joked with my husband "wouldn't it be funny if they sent the interview notice during the week we are changing addresses?" We laughed because we were expecting to wait a few more months at least.

Something is broken when we get the green card before the EAD and AP that are supposed to be provisory documents while we wait.

Timeline
4 hours ago, FemmeFatal said:

Oh hi. yes it changes whenever your card is being produce if they mailed it to you and if the card is pick up by USPS

Thank you!

Update: it was my neighbor’s card ☹️ We share address because we live in an apartment. Oh well, back to the waiting game.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, metalmikecfh said:

Interview booked for 22 of August in new orleans 😁😁😁😁😁

Congrats 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, lil.han said:

Has anyone noticed if the case tracker app isn’t working? It won’t let me search cases and I’m wondering if USCIS received our RFE documents yet... 

It will be back tomorrow https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tools-outage?utm_source=rss-feed&utm_campaign=Alerts

2 hours ago, lil.han said:

Has anyone noticed if the case tracker app isn’t working? It won’t let me search cases and I’m wondering if USCIS received our RFE documents yet... 

I noticed the same thing, It's back up and running for me

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.