Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi! I'll be joining you in the wait. We plan to file by March 11 at the latest. Currently getting everything together. Good luck to everyone!

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Hey guys,

Packet sent 2/25, delivered 2/27. No notification nor check cashed yet so I'll be joining you here as a March filer. Hope we got everything right.

I wish lots of patience to everyone! :) 

22 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

Hey guys,

Packet sent 2/25, delivered 2/27. No notification nor check cashed yet so I'll be joining you here as a March filer. Hope we got everything right.

same here, delivered on 2/14, nothing so far 🙄  prolly would be March batch 😀

On 3/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, Michaela K. said:

Hey guys,

Update: I just got text notifications last night for all three forms. When I check my case status online for the I-485 it says fingerprint fee was accepted on 3/3 and they're working on the case. And for I-765 and I-131 it says they received the forms on 2/26. I'm confused since it was delivered to them on 2/27 :D. I'm curious what the official NOA date will be on the paper notices

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi!

Do you know if Supplement A of the I-485 is required for adjustment of status for K-1's?

When I go on the USCIS page( https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/adjustment-of-status) about adjustment of status for K-1 it says,

"

Eligibility for Adjustment of Status

You may be eligible for a Green Card based on your admission as a K-1 nonimmigrant if you meet the following requirements:

but when I click on that link, it takes me to the supplement A form and not the I-485 form... So I am wondering is the USCIS page has an error or if we are supposed to file out this form in addition to the I-485?

Please let me know if anyone is experiencing this or what forms they filled out!

12 minutes ago, Ghadji said:

Hi!

Do you know if Supplement A of the I-485 is required for adjustment of status for K-1's?

When I go on the USCIS page( https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/adjustment-of-status) about adjustment of status for K-1 it says,

"

Eligibility for Adjustment of Status

You may be eligible for a Green Card based on your admission as a K-1 nonimmigrant if you meet the following requirements:

but when I click on that link, it takes me to the supplement A form and not the I-485 form... So I am wondering is the USCIS page has an error or if we are supposed to file out this form in addition to the I-485?

Please let me know if anyone is experiencing this or what forms they filled out!

I believe it's an error as they even call it "Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status" and not the Supplement A for I-485. I think they just linked it to wrong page by mistake. We didn't file the suplement, nor have I seen anyone else (K1) to do it. We used this: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Michaela K. said:

I believe it's an error as they even call it "Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status" and not the Supplement A for I-485. I think they just linked it to wrong page by mistake. We didn't file the suplement, nor have I seen anyone else (K1) to do it. We used this: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Thank you!!

So, I went to click on the link again from the site and it now correctly lists the I-485 instead of the supplement form. Not sure, if a lot of other people were complaining/commenting on this issue or not but it is all fixed now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!! I am getting everything ready file AOS for my fiance I have everything  on the checklist,but I have recently seen something mentioned about a supplement a for the i-485.Do we have to do that? 

Thank you!! 

Hey Everyone!

Another massive set of forms navigated and another new topic to follow on VJ! 

I am posting my pack tomorrow morning for AOS / AP / EAD.

Looking forward to sharing the next part of the journey with you guys!

Claire x

event.png

K1

NOA1: May 10th 2018

NOA2: October 30th 2018

NVC Received: November 30th 2018

Embassy Received: December 27th 2018

Medical: January 14th 2019

Interview: January 22nd 2019 (Approved subject to medical approval), Medical approved and sent to the embassy: 24th January 2019

Visa in Hand: February 1st 2019

AOS / EAD / AP + OTHER NOTABLE EVENTS (WHICH MAY BE USEFUL TO KNOW)

POE: New York (JFK) February 6th 2019

SSN: Applied in SS Office on February 7th (New Haven)

Wedding: February 14th ❤

SSN Card received: February 20th

Marriage certificate received: February 21st, Passed Driving test theory (CT): February 21st, Opened first bank account (CT): February 21st

Attended 8 hour driver safety course (CT): February 23rd

AOS / AP / EAD sent: March 7th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD received: March 9th, 2019

AOS / AP / EAD payment taken: March 25th, 2019

Driving Road Test: March 29th, 2019 (Passed)

NOA1: All received by mail: April 2nd, 2019

Biometrics Appointment: April 19th, 2019 (Hartford, CT) - Good Friday

Telephone Request to Expedite I-131: May 31st, 2019 (Financial Loss)

Email from USCIS requesting info: June 6th, 2019, Information faxed: June 6th, 2019

Telephone Request to Expedite I-765: July 2nd, 2019

CARD IN PRODUCTION - YIPPPPEEEEEE July 3rd, 2019. Hallelujah! lol

EAD/AP Combo card received: July 8th, 2019.

AOS Interview (Hartford): December 4th, 2019, AOS Approval: December 5th, 2019 (Text / online notification)

Greencard Received: December 12, 2019

FROM K1 NOA1 to GREEN CARD IN HAND: 581 DAYS (1 YEAR, 7 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS).

Here we go again on the crazy USCIS train! 

I751 Application filed 6th September, 2021

24 month extension letter received

N400 Application filed online 6th September, 2022

28th February, 2023 : 48 month extension letter received

13th March: N400 updated to 'Interview was Scheduled'

Timeline

Sorry me again!! My husband came in on a K-1 in September 22. We got married on November 9.We are getting ready to send on finally the AOS.,but noticed that his visa is up on March 11.  What happens now? 

59 minutes ago, Elorod18 said:

Sorry me again!! My husband came in on a K-1 in September 22. We got married on November 9.We are getting ready to send on finally the AOS.,but noticed that his visa is up on March 11.  What happens now? 

Not sure how it works exactly but the expiration date on the visa should not matter anymore. It basically says until when he was able to enter the US. When he entered he got a stamp in his passport for 90 days. Within those 90 days you needed to get married, which you did. I think I saw on other forums that if you get married within 90 days, it doesn't matter when you file for AOS but it should be rather sooner than later since after the 90 days from entering US the married K1 is out of status. Try to look for topics under "filing AOS expired I94" in the search on here. E.g. this thread comes up: 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'll be join this thread too! Here's what I have so far

AOS concurrent filing (I130, I485, I765)

USC spouse

Lockbox: Chicago

Service center: NBC

Field office: Des Moines IA

FedEx confirmation: 03/01/2019

USCIS received: 03/04/2019

Check cashed: 03/06/2019

My timeline

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, and I-765 (USC spouse)

Previous status: F1 (expired 07/05/2019)

Local USCIS office: Des Moines IA

Service center: NBC

03/01/2019: FedEx delivery

03/01/2019: Priority/Received date

03/04/2019: Notice of action (receipts)

03/08/2019: Notice of action (Biometrics appointment)

03/08/2019: I-693 Courtesy letter

03/27/2019: Biometrics

04/02/2019: Ready to be scheduled for an interview

05/14/2018: EAD card produced

09/16/2019: Notice of action (Interview scheduled)

10/22/2019: Interview at Des Moines field office (Approved)

10/22/2019: Card is being produced

Timeline

I guess I’m in this group as well.

Sent husband’s AOS thru priority mail 3/ 27/19 and arrived Chicago Lockbox Friday 3/1/2019, 

Recieved  text  3/6/2019 of I-485, I-130, and 1-765 and was able to add case numbers to my account USCIS. 

The wait continues . Again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.