Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Sarah6422 said:

A job offer isn’t enough anymore , your circumstances need to be severe in order to get your case expedited.

I had a job offer and my husband lost his job and they still rejected it. I still haven’t received a ssn because immigration  didn’t tick a box when I entered the country so I still can’t get health insurance/open a bank account , still rejected. 

Still worth a try though +1-800-375-5283 give them you’re receipt number at the  top of your I-765 form. 

Aww that really sucks, I’m so sorry your in that position!! Hopefully things will start to move for you, I can’t imagine being in situation. Thanks for the reply, will give them a ring. Won’t expect much but it’s worth a try I guess 😊

43 minutes ago, paulsquare said:

When to expect the welcome letter, approval notice and green card to receive after interview (on the spot approval)?

My interview was 6/24, status changed to card being produced 6/25, notice came 6/28, GC came 7/1. Not sure though if it's the same for everyone 

4 minutes ago, Becksnjessie said:

Aww that really sucks, I’m so sorry your in that position!! Hopefully things will start to move for you, I can’t imagine being in situation. Thanks for the reply, will give them a ring. Won’t expect much but it’s worth a try I guess 😊

I suggest going through this thread: 

It has a lot of people's experiences and advice on how to go about it. My biggest advice is:

1. If the job offer letter has an expiration date, point that out!!! Or even ask your future employer to add one so that USCIS sees that it's an urgent case.

2. Provide copies of all your monthly expenses, bills, loan payments, credit card statements, anything that shows that you would be struggling if you didn't take the offer. Also, state how much your future income would contribute to your overall household income, as well as how much it would contribute to your expenses.

3. Contact your congressperson and senator sooner rather than later and ask them too submit expedites on your behalf. Good luck!!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

9 hours ago, Sarah6422 said:

A job offer isn’t enough anymore , your circumstances need to be severe in order to get your case expedited.

I had a job offer and my husband lost his job and they still rejected it. I still haven’t received a ssn because immigration  didn’t tick a box when I entered the country so I still can’t get health insurance/open a bank account , still rejected. 

Still worth a try though +1-800-375-5283 give them you’re receipt number at the  top of your I-765 form. 

I am so sorry to hear that. Honestly, yours is the first expedite case I've seen that has been rejected. I would suggest contacting your congressperson and senator if you haven't already done so because those are indeed pretty sever circumstances. Especially, if USCIS messed up (in terms of your SSN) your representatives have even more "ammunition" to submit expedites for you 

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, paulsquare said:

When to expect the welcome letter, approval notice and green card to receive after interview (on the spot approval)?

Hi please what kind of documents did you take to your interview or what documents did the officer take from you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Becksnjessie said:

Yea definitely worth a try,  I hope you get it! 

47 minutes ago, AOSFairfax said:

I suggest going through this thread: 

It has a lot of people's experiences and advice on how to go about it. My biggest advice is:

1. If the job offer letter has an expiration date, point that out!!! Or even ask your future employer to add one so that USCIS sees that it's an urgent case.

2. Provide copies of all your monthly expenses, bills, loan payments, credit card statements, anything that shows that you would be struggling if you didn't take the offer. Also, state how much your future income would contribute to your overall household income, as well as how much it would contribute to your expenses.

3. Contact your congressperson and senator sooner rather than later and ask them too submit expedites on your behalf. Good luck!!

Thankyou so much!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
42 minutes ago, AOSFairfax said:

I am so sorry to hear that. Honestly, yours is the first expedite case I've seen that has been rejected. I would suggest contacting your congressperson and senator if you haven't already done so because those are indeed pretty sever circumstances. Especially, if USCIS messed up (in terms of your SSN) your representatives have even more "ammunition" to submit expedites for you 

They didn’t even ask for evidence, just said although my case is severe, due to the high volume of requests mine does not qualify. Thanks  I’m just going to sit it out , my mental health couldn’t take another rejection. 

So Philadelphia office does not take infopass appointments apparently and we cannot get through on the telephone. I think we will give up. It seems like all signs are pointing to USCIS sucks and I wish this relationship had never started in the first place. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, americaninlove said:

So Philadelphia office does not take infopass appointments apparently and we cannot get through on the telephone. I think we will give up. It seems like all signs are pointing to USCIS sucks and I wish this relationship had never started in the first place. 

It seems like USCIS being asked to shift to helping ICE. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/uscis-immigration-applications-backlog-ice

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pittsburgfiler said:

Hi please what kind of documents did you take to your interview or what documents did the officer take from you?

Paystubs, credit card statements, bank statements, health insurance, 401k statement, car insurance, car registration, utility bills, tax returns, photos, lease contract, car purchased documents.

39 minutes ago, Shiran said:

omg that is insane and ridiculous honestly...

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.