323 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 4/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, SusannZ said:

They ended up rejecting the applications because they were filled out on old forms and we never realized. Sent the new packet in March 8th, priority date March 19th. Biometrics appointment is April 18th.

Hi! When did you get any update about your biometrics appointment? And also, is the beneficiary in the US? Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lau-joh said:

TSC 

NOA1 February 1st

Waiting on NOA2

How long will it take? ☹️☹️☹️☹️ 

My guess for Texas, probably a few months still. Us in Nebraska are still waiting as well

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 7/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Lau-joh said:

TSC 

NOA1 February 1st

Waiting on NOA2

How long will it take? ☹️☹️☹️☹️ 

VJ gives you an estimate on your timeline page base on data supplied by the members.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, two_black_cats said:

Hi! When did you get any update about your biometrics appointment? And also, is the beneficiary in the US? Thanks

It took about a month from uscis receiving our second packet on March 19th until the biometrics appointment. I had my biometrics done april 18th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm the beneficiary living in the US on a F1 visa. 

Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, SusannZ said:

It took about a month from uscis receiving our second packet on March 19th until the biometrics appointment. I had my biometrics done april 18th and haven't heard anything yet. I'm the beneficiary living in the US on a F1 visa. 

Thanks for clarifying that. So you are applying for Adjustment of Status? That explains why you got biometrics appointment. We have filied a standalone I130 and I am trying to figure out if I will have biometrics appointment and interview in the US

Timeline
5 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

Thanks for clarifying that. So you are applying for Adjustment of Status? That explains why you got biometrics appointment. We have filied a standalone I130 and I am trying to figure out if I will have biometrics appointment and interview in the US

If you filed the I-130 petition for a CR1/IR1 visa, the spouse of the US citizen will have their interview in the country they reside (or the country that has jurisdiction over that country). I see you are in Ukraine so your appointment should be in Kiev I believe. They will take your fingerprints then.

Timeline
5 hours ago, JulienR said:

If you filed the I-130 petition for a CR1/IR1 visa, the spouse of the US citizen will have their interview in the country they reside (or the country that has jurisdiction over that country). I see you are in Ukraine so your appointment should be in Kiev I believe. They will take your fingerprints then.

Thank you for your input. Thats what seems to be the deal with cases like mine when I google info. but my lawyer said I will most likely have interview in the US, so I am confused...

Timeline
11 minutes ago, two_black_cats said:

Thank you for your input. Thats what seems to be the deal with cases like mine when I google info. but my lawyer said I will most likely have interview in the US, so I am confused...

Your lawyer does not seem very knowledgeable. Read the official information available on the USCIS, travel.state.gov and your embassy's website to learn everything about the process so your lawyer doesn't fool you. If you have questions, people on VJ are very happy to help.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JulienR said:

Your lawyer does not seem very knowledgeable. Read the official information available on the USCIS, travel.state.gov and your embassy's website to learn everything about the process so your lawyer doesn't fool you. If you have questions, people on VJ are very happy to help.

I have been struggling to find a new good lawyer for a long time now. My case is quite different and complicated so good lawyer is "life or death". I think I read so much that I have a big mess in my head now and I'm all kinds of confused. I did educate myself a lot on VJ, thanks everyone for the info you are sharing!! 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, two_black_cats said:

I have been struggling to find a new good lawyer for a long time now. My case is quite different and complicated so good lawyer is "life or death". I think I read so much that I have a big mess in my head now and I'm all kinds of confused. I did educate myself a lot on VJ, thanks everyone for the info you are sharing!! 

If you can share on VJ why your case is complicated, people might be able to give you more specific advice. You should do it on the general IR1\CR1 forum though.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My husband filled my I-130 in February and our PD is February 20 but we are still waiting for it to be approved. It feels like it taking forever. Our case is at the NBC and I can’t seem to find the process time for NBC. Anyone have similar situation?

On 7/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, two_black_cats said:

There's two types of lawyers. Those that just want to be form fillers and trial lawyers. Look for the lawyers with trial experience they are the ones that are knowledgeable. 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, two_black_cats said:

There's two types of lawyers. Those that just want to be form fillers and trial lawyers. Look for the lawyers with trial experience they are the ones that are knowledgeable. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
18 hours ago, MercyDom said:

Hi everyone!

My husband filled my I-130 in February and our PD is February 20 but we are still waiting for it to be approved. It feels like it taking forever. Our case is at the NBC and I can’t seem to find the process time for NBC. Anyone have similar situation?

You can find the processing times for NBC and other centers here https://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical/

More details on NBC https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=3&sortby=2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.