323 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, GraandTim said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing Potomac seems to have the fastest responses but I’m still waiting. My priority day in February 26 2019. Hope we both get a response soon, best of luck to you😊

7 hours ago, K&J18 said:

Hi, we are at Potomac and we filed at Chicago lockbox.  But still waiting... NOA 1 was early February. Seems nothing is happening :(

We had an RFE for a recent passport photo of petitioner (although 2 were included in package) and that was submitted - received at service center on May 8th. How long does it take to review one photo?!

You guys can call USCIS to speak to a person to find out. I am sure both of you in Potomac will get approved within the next week or two. Soon I will be alone with the other Nebraska victims. :(

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
9 hours ago, Student doc said:

Hey guys,

Anyone having their case processed in Texas? The site says that it takes about 8-10.5months. Could it really take 10 months? Called USCIS the other day and got to know that they wont be processing our file till December 😭 mid feb filer here!!

Are you serious? Wow.. this is not a very good news. I thought it move to 5months recently and now to 8.5. It is well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
11 hours ago, Student doc said:

Hey guys,

Anyone having their case processed in Texas? The site says that it takes about 8-10.5months. Could it really take 10 months? Called USCIS the other day and got to know that they wont be processing our file till December 😭 mid feb filer here!!

I know just how you feel.. I filed mid February as well and mine got sent to Nebraska so there’s a good chance I won’t hear anything until January or later since Nebraska’s processing has shot up to 10-13 months now. I hope that we all hear good news soon and that they stop pushing back processing times so much.. 🤞🏻

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi all,

After filling our petition and realizing how long it would take before we get the visa, my wife started looking for a job in the US in hope we could do DCF in Paris if she got an offer. I also enquired in my company who is international. Luckily there was a position they were having a hard time filling and for which I just had the right profile. My company has a blanket petition for L visas (intracompany transfers) so I am going to apply for that. The L visa has the particularity of being a dual intent visa, meaning that even though it's a non-immigrant visa, you can have the intent to adjust status before you are in the US. My company is preparing the paperwork and I have booked my interview on July 19. If everything goes well, we will be in the US for the rest of the I-130 wait.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, Student doc said:

Hey guys,

We're Texas.  NOA1 Feb7.   I don;'t think it will take until December for NOA2 unless something significant has changed.  Timeline still shows an estimated date in late september. 8 months.

Congrats to many Potomac Peeps.  you'll have to keep us updated on NVC so we that lag behind can speed through.

IR1/CR1 and IR2/CR2 important dates:

USCIS : Texas Service Center

NOA1: Feb 6 2019

NOA2: Aug 8, 2019

NVC Case#: Oct 10, 2019

NVC DQ:  Jan 6, 2020

Interview letter: Jan 23, 2020

Interview Date: Feb 25, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, Student doc said:

Hey guys,

Im thinking more like between October and December. 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, M+Z💓 said:

We have TSC and our date is 2-20-19. So hoping we get out N2 between this month to July. What I don’t get is why did the TSC timeline go from July to June. Does the timeline go back-words or front. 

I think it depends on the work load- just my thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody!

We're Texas filler and received NOA1 on Feb 22th. We're patiently waiting now.

Potomac fillers you are so lucky😭.

Nebraska fillers good luck we're probably in the same boat by now 🤞.

Timeline
1 hour ago, angsounamoun said:

Hi everybody!

We're Texas filler and received NOA1 on Feb 22th. We're patiently waiting now.

Potomac fillers you are so lucky😭.

Nebraska fillers good luck we're probably in the same boat by now 🤞.

Welcome. Texas is not fast but still better than Nebraska by several months. You can expect to be approved by the end of the year. We are looking at 12 months now but it keeps increasing so I think it may get to 18 months or more unless they transfer cases.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JulienR said:

Welcome. Texas is not fast but still better than Nebraska by several months. You can expect to be approved by the end of the year. We are looking at 12 months now but it keeps increasing so I think it may get to 18 months or more unless they transfer cases.

Oh thanks for the info!

I'd rather stay optimistic and wait for a miracle because these timelines are carzy...

Timeline
4 minutes ago, angsounamoun said:

Oh thanks for the info!

I'd rather stay optimistic and wait for a miracle because these timelines are carzy...

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. That's my motto.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
31 minutes ago, GraceJ21 said:

Hey everyone, we got approval on June 28th!!! We had an RFE due to a minor discrepancy in the birth certificate. Our Noa1 was February 4th. 

Congratulations!!!

IR1/CR1 and IR2/CR2 important dates:

USCIS : Texas Service Center

NOA1: Feb 6 2019

NOA2: Aug 8, 2019

NVC Case#: Oct 10, 2019

NVC DQ:  Jan 6, 2020

Interview letter: Jan 23, 2020

Interview Date: Feb 25, 2020

Timeline

5 hours ago, GraceJ21 said:

Hey everyone, we got approval on June 28th!!! We had an RFE due to a minor discrepancy in the birth certificate. Our Noa1 was February 4th. 

Hi,

Congratulation:thumbs:.

On the NVC thread now.

Good luck! it shouldn't take long for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.