pleiades1618

Is my petition too much or too little? Double checking my petition checklist

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey! I just assembled my packet, I would like to send it very soon. What do you guys think of this list I added of the contents of my I-129F petition? Is it too much or too little? Do you see anything that I am missing? Thank you so much!

• Cover letter (1 page) wet ink signature
• Payment in the amount of $535.00 with USCIS Dallas address and it has my name with ATTN: I-129F/K-1 (should I put identifying information on the check like a social security number?)
• Passport style photo (Petitioner) taken within 30 days (name written in pencil on the back)
• Passport style photo (Beneficiary) taken within 30 days (name written in pencil on the back)
• Form G-1145 (1 page)
• I-129F (14 pages) (wet ink signature)
• Copy of Birth certificate (Petitioner, copy of front and back) (2 pages) 
• Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner) (1 page) wet ink signatures by both of us
• Letter certifying intent to marry (Beneficiary) (1 page) wet ink signatures by both of us
• I-94 & Arrival/Departure history (2 pages)

• Proof of having met in person in the past two years

• 1. Declaration of meeting with a timeline (2 pages) (wet ink signature)
  • 2. photographs of us together including dates, where at and who and what we were doing (two of the pictures feature family members one with my parents and one with his parents and grandparents) (6 pages)
  • 3. Boarding passes, train tickets, rental car receipt and other receipts (18 pages)
  • 4. Hotel receipt (1 page)
  • 5. Hotel reservations from email (10 pages)
  • 6. Copy of passport (Petitioner) (17 pages)
  • 7. Copy of passport (Beneficiary) (9 pages) several passport stamps match between the two of us

• Proof of ongoing relationship

• 1. chat history (19 pages)
  • 2. call history (6 pages)
  • 3. Instagram posts (2 pages)
  • 4. Facebook posts featuring friends (3 pages)

• Christmas card from Beneficiary's grandparents includes translation by Beneficiary (3 pages)
• Thank you card I wrote for his parents includes translation by Beneficiary (3 pages)

Edited by pleiades1618

32 minutes ago, pleiades1618 said:

Hey! I just assembled my packet, I would like to send it very soon. What do you guys think of this list I added of the contents of my I-129F petition? Is it too much or too little? Do you see anything that I am missing? Thank you so much!

• Payment in the amount of $535.00 with USCIS Dallas address and it has my name with ATTN: I-129F/K-1 (should I put identifying information on the check like a social security number?)
• Passport style photo (Petitioner) taken within 30 days (name written in pencil on the back)
• Passport style photo (Beneficiary) taken within 30 days (name written in pencil on the back)
• Form G-1145 (1 page)
• Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner) (1 page) wet ink signatures by both of us
• Letter certifying intent to marry (Beneficiary) (1 page) wet ink signatures by both of us

• 2. photographs of us together including dates, where at and who and what we were doing (two of the pictures feature family members one with my parents and one with his parents and grandparents) (6 pages)
  • 3. Boarding passes, train tickets, rental car receipt and other receipts (18 pages)
  • 7. Copy of passport (Beneficiary) (9 pages) several passport stamps match between the two of us

• Christmas card from Beneficiary's grandparents includes translation by Beneficiary (3 pages)
• Thank you card I wrote for his parents includes translation by Beneficiary (3 pages)

That looks good to me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, pleiades1618 said:

(should I put identifying information on the check like a social security number?)

I don't think SSN is necessary to be written on the check.

It looks like too much to me for a petition for a beneficiary from Western Europe. But probably better too have too much than too little? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 hours ago, pleiades1618 said:

Payment in the amount of $535.00 with USCIS Dallas address and it has my name with ATTN: I-129F/K-1 (should I put identifying information on the check like a social security number?)

USCIS also accepts credit cards and debit cards: https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-expands-credit-card-payment-option-fees

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, pleiades1618 said:

Do you see anything that I am missing?

If u met online then you should include a copy of the website terms of service for the site where u met.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Chat logs are not necessary during this stage you can leave them out.  

Dont need to show an on going relationship just that you met within 2 years.

Dont over think it and only send then what they need, but I can understand where you're coming from I was paranoid too when I sent my petition I checked it 40 times before dropping it in the mailbox I check the address 10 times lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

just send you passport page information and the pages with stamps on them. no need for 17pages. Beneficiaries passport isn't needed at all

no need for proof of ongoing relationship at this point. the beneficiary will need to prove that at the interview months down the road

no need for Christmas cards, thank your cards. don't send too much information. send only what's needed

NoA1 - September 26, 2018

NoA2 - February 4, 2019  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, kingdomcome84 said:

Beneficiaries passport isn't needed at all

If they wanted evidence of a meeting in a third country, the beneficiary's passport stamps could help establish they were both actually there at the same time.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

11 hours ago, pleiades1618 said:

• Form G-1145 (1 page)

Place payment on top of cover letter.  Attach securely with paper clip. It has to be the 1st thing they see upon opening your envelope. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tidus992 said:

Chat logs are not necessary during this stage you can leave them out.  

Dont need to show an on going relationship just that you met within 2 years.

Dont over think it and only send then what they need, but I can understand where you're coming from I was paranoid too when I sent my petition I checked it 40 times before dropping it in the mailbox I check the address 10 times lol

Thank you for the information, I am debating leaving out the "proof of ongoing relationship" stuff or maybe just reducing the amount of it. Is this information is more for the interview? If I included "proof of ongoing relationship" in the I-129F, do you think it would still be ok, is it better to add too much than too little? I guess I added it because I thought it would prove that our relationship is bona fide I guess. But I also don't want them to think I'm trying too hard haha.  Am I supposed to prove that our relationship is bona fide at this stage? Thank you so much!

This is what I am thinking about taking out/ reducing: 

Proof of ongoing relationship

leave out the ongoing relationship stuff. it is not needed yet

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Looks good...I sent in every darn piece of evidence I possibly could but your country isnt as tough as mine....The chats, FB stuff isnt really necessary neither are the cards and please do not put your SSN on the check

17 minutes ago, pleiades1618 said:

Thank you for the information, I am debating leaving out the "proof of ongoing relationship" stuff or maybe just reducing the amount of it. Is this information is more for the interview? If I included "proof of ongoing relationship" in the I-129F, do you think it would still be ok, is it better to add too much than too little? I guess I added it because I thought it would prove that our relationship is bona fide I guess. But I also don't want them to think I'm trying too hard haha.  Am I supposed to prove that our relationship is bona fide at this stage? Thank you so much!

This is what I am thinking about taking out/ reducing: 

Proof of ongoing relationship

Take out the Christmas/Thank you cards, IG/FB posts. But keep everything else. Honestly your chat logs are not needed but if you want to include them that's fine.

The main concern is if you have enough evidence of meeting within the past years. I believe you do. I just do not get the concern about having too much...I do not see any negative in sending "too much" if it is what makes you feel at peace with your evidence. We sent in double the amount of evidence than you have listed and we were also dealing with a Western European country, but it is what made me feel good about the immigration situation. To each their own. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.