Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About accumbyte

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Member # 317850

Recent Profile Visitors

698 profile views
  1. Yes. Include G-1450 to pay with a credit card or debit card. Also cases with receipt numbers starting with IOE get USCIS online account numbers: https://www.fickeymartinezlaw.com/immigration/what-does-a-uscis-receipt-number-msc-lin-src-eac-wac-ioe-mean/ Such as: I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card (can either be filed online or by mail) N-400, Application for Naturalization (can either be filed online or by mail) I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status (can only be filed by mail) I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (can only be filed by mail) etc When the above forms are filed by mail USCIS sends an Access Code Notice:
  2. The I-131 form is not expired. Read the thread below: The edition date is what matters. Use the 12/23/16 edition: https://www.uscis.gov/i-131
  3. Inform her that the interview is just the penultimate step. The oath ceremony is the final step.
  4. Either: A. She's lying; or B. Her "lawyer" is giving BS advice. Just divorce, and only contact her through lawyers. Re-read your other thread for reference.
  5. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/united-states-income-tax-treaties-a-to-z "Under these same treaties, residents or citizens of the United States are taxed at a reduced rate, or are exempt from foreign taxes, on certain items of income they receive from sources within foreign countries." *Interesting tidbit about the U.S. - U.S.S.R. tax treaty: it applies to Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. The treaty will stay in effect until new treaties are negotiated and ratified with these individual countries.
  6. Did you still have TPS status in September 2018? If yes then you should be fine. Also take with you print outs of the USCIS policy manual and the 6th circuit decision to the interview: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Print/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartB.html http://www.opn.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/13a0157p-06.pdf Which field office area are you in; Memphis or Nashville? https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/field-office/field-office-state?state=TN&topic_id=1&lang=1125 If Nashville, then maybe a short wait for Green Card interview is normal since its a new office: https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/12/12/new-immigration-services-office-open-nashville/2279632002/ Also, for any field office some cases go way faster than the rest in that field office.
  7. accumbyte

    Leaving the US before green card arrives

    The I-130 is just a petition! The application for AOS (aka a Green Card) is the I-485, but she will not be eligible to submit one because: Her PD is not current. See F4 row: https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo Overstay is not forgiven for siblings because siblings are not defined as immediate relatives by USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/immediate-relatives Her tourist visa is cancelled in the government's database. Upon US exit, she cannot return to the US for 10 years without a waiver: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/three-and-ten-year-bars If after 10 years her PD is still not current then she can try to apply for a new tourist visa. But the chances of approval of that tourist visa will be almost non-existent. The best course of action is to leave ASAP and serve the 10 year bar; then she can enter with the sibling immigrant visa.
  8. Yup, here is a short opinion blog about it: https://internationalman.com/articles/this-appalling-practice-is-only-used-in-two-nations-and-the-us-is-one-of-th/
  9. Yes, just the country. And for a natural born citizen born in Los Angeles, for example, it says "CALIFORNIA, U.S.A." On both US passport books and US passport cards, I have never seen the actual city listed, just the state of birth.
  10. accumbyte

    Letter of intent to marry

    To be exact it's not about the budget. It's about data collection: https://www.usability.gov/how-to-and-tools/guidance/pra-overview.html
  11. If selected then you must respond. If you are residing abroad then the notice was issued by using outdated info but you must respond by using the "I do not reside at XYZ county/state" option on the notice. If you are residing in the US then each jurisdiction has different laws regarding disqualification, excuse, and/or deferral. Here's a link to the Washington state guidelines: https://www.courts.wa.gov/committee/?fa=committee.display&item_id=266&committee_id=101
  12. accumbyte

    601a PROCESS

    OP is not eligible for AOS:
  13. Not a fast process (takes 7-8 years), but: Was your oldest stepdaughter still under the age of 18 when you married your wife? https://www.visajourney.com/content/child "A stepchild if the marriage creating the steprelationship took place before the child reached the age of 18" Is she still unmarried? Does she want to come to the US (and remain unmarried until US entry with the immigrant visa)? If the answer to the above questions is yes then the Family First Preference process is an option for her and her daughter.
  14. It should say NBC in the "Service Center" box. What address does it say under "Application Support Center" in the middle of the page?
  15. Incorrect; see @EM_Vandaveer's post above. But it is unwise to leave the US without the card in hand and making a photocopy or scan for your records (i.e. what if the Postal Service loses the card?, etc.).