Banana9ieue

K1 visa interview RFEs (Referral for Evidence) (merged)

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If they should decide your sponsorship is not enough, they allow you to gather what you need and courier it back to them. No additional interview. The same courier that delivers visas, will pick up your new documentation and passport (if they didn't keep it) and take to the embassy. It may take the embassy a couple of days to get back to reviewing your case but it won't be too long before they issue the visa and send to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

If they should decide your sponsorship is not enough, they allow you to gather what you need and courier it back to them. No additional interview. The same courier that delivers visas, will pick up your new documentation and passport (if they didn't keep it) and take to the embassy. It may take the embassy a couple of days to get back to reviewing your case but it won't be too long before they issue the visa and send to you.

Do you know if having a co-sponsor who is a friend because the U.S. citizen doesn't have tax returns will stop me from getting my visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ella and James said:

Do you know if having a co-sponsor who is a friend because the U.S. citizen doesn't have tax returns will stop me from getting my visa?

A friend can sponsor. They will likely ask you "Who is this person? How do you know him?"

London does not actually require a tax return from a K1 if there is other proof like an employer letter. 

The lack of tax returns by a US citizen is concerning to me. What is the story?  Is he not employed? Are his wages too low to file? Is he working for cash and not reporting? You may get a visa, but the support form for a greencard is stricter and lack of a tax return requires a signed statement why not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Neither one of you will die if you need to slow down and get your finances in order to be above the 125%. Finances & less than desired frequency of sexual activity are top reasons why marriages have trouble. The long wait of K1 process and marriage are very stressful times. Starting a marriage with financial stress does not seem to be the best plan.  Looking past just getting the K1 approved and a long life together. Just something to think about or not.

6 hours ago, Ella and James said:

Hi! Where dis you find the information about the London Embassy being less concerned with the I-134? I'm in a difficult situation as my fiancee only has a friend who can be a co-sponsor. Thank you heaps in advance! 

It's not posted anywhere, but is well known from others that have gone through the process. London even allows self-sponsorship via assets to cover the 90 days. They're the only embassy known to do so. Otherwise, pay stubs, an employment letter, OR a recent tax return tends to do the job for them. Still take whatever you have, but they aren't known to use very high standards for the public charge concern.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's not posted anywhere, but is well known from others that have gone through the process. London even allows self-sponsorship via assets to cover the 90 days. They're the only embassy known to do so. Otherwise, pay stubs, an employment letter, OR a recent tax return tends to do the job for them. Still take whatever you have, but they aren't known to use very high standards for the public charge concern.

I wonder why that is... That is great news though! Is any of that information written on any official websites? I'd love to read more into it.

Edited by Ella and James

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ella and James said:

I wonder why that is... That is great news though! Is any of that information written on any official websites? I'd love to read more into it.

It's not posted anywhere because the DOS has given the consulates "discretion" in applying the "public charge" requirement.  They are not obligated to follow 100% or 125% of the poverty level standard, they must simply be "convinced."

YMMV

Exactly, the I-134 is only a tool to help the CO address the public charge concern. As long as they are convinced, they're fine. Some embassies don't even request an I-134.\

It's not posted anywhere as it is a judgement call.

The I-864, though, does have a mandatory minimum in addition to the above.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your fiance just filed the I-129F, so he has five or six months before it may be approved, plenty of time to find a job that pays better and find a co-sponsor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ella and James said:

K1 visa:

My fiancee is unable to file taxes. He doesn't have anyone in his family suitable to be a co-sponsor for our K1 visa. When he completes the Affadavit of Support will having his friend, and not a close relative as the co-sponsor mean that I won't get my visa?

I will be going to the London U.S. Embassy for my interview.

Please help! Very worried.

Yes his friend can be joint sponsor, friend of mine did it and his fiancé got approved 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
10 hours ago, JFH said:

He earned less than $10,400? How is going to support you? What are you doing for healthcare? A spousal visa would have been better because at least you could work right away and not have to pay hefty AOS fees. I don’t know where he lived but here in western Washington you can’t keep a goldfish on $10,400 a year, let alone 2 adults. 

London permits self-sponsoring for the I-134. Do you have sufficient savings or assets?

How many times have we seen here at VJ where the immigrant fiancee ended up having to support the USC spouse and spent all the life savings upon settling in the US. Then, they didn't have the means for AOS filing whereas the immigrant fiancee/spouse have her status in limbo...

If the USC fiance doesn't get his act together with his financial, this have all the ingredients to be future threads for Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits

My best friend is a co-sponsor for my hubby’s CR1. Everything went well. So to your question, although I’m not certain about K1, you can have your friend as a joint sponsor. 😌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Don't understand why some people are being judgmental. A person may not earn enough simply because he/she is just out of college, or it may be hard for him/her to find a job. Maybe the fiance is still in college and just working part-time? Everyone's situation is different.

Yes, it's fine if your friend is a co-sponsor ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Olichka said:

Don't understand why some people are being judgmental. A person may not earn enough simply because he/she is just out of college, or it may be hard for him/her to find a job. Maybe the fiance is still in college and just working part-time? Everyone's situation is different.

Yes, it's fine if your friend is a co-sponsor ☺️

Self employed contractor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.