Iwisheveryoneluck

How to Withdraw K-1 Visa After Visa is On Hand?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Iwisheveryoneluck said:

Yeah I will try to reach USCIS and see what they'll say. Sometimes it's best to spend extra few extra hours for a peace of mind.

Uscis  is out of the process as well because they have nothing to do with visas.  Nothing you can do except possibly notify the embassy 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

You'd be surprised on what people do.

There was a popular thread on here a few years ago where a guy reported to have gone through the K1 process with, what he thought was, his fiance. He waited at the airport and she was no where to be seen. Tried contacting her family and everything. As time passed by, he finally spotted her in a car leaving the airport with another guy. After some investigation, turns out his "fiance" had a lover in another state that she was meeting up with all along. The guy who petitioned for her was just a way for her to bring her to the US.

I have said it many times that for some immigrants, the main goal is to get their feet on US soil by any means, even if they don't have a legal path to becoming a resident afterwards.

I missed this. I did a search for it at that time but never found it. If someone ever finds it, you are welcomed to PM me or notify me whichever way possible. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Two pronged approach:

1. contact the embassy so in case she’s not on the next plane to the US they can call her back and cancel the visa. Embassies will be closed on Monday and Tuesday next week. Write a statement and fax it to them. Or email. 

2. Figure out most likely POE she’d use to get into country and contact CBP - they also have list of contacts by POE - talk to someone and let them know you’re withdrawing I-129f and not getting married but don’t know if ex-beneficiary will attempt to (ab)use the visa. Then fax them your withdrawal statement with beneficiary info and copy of approved petition. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Shiran said:

Are you actually concerned that your now ex-fiancee will use K-1 to enter the country knowing she is not welcome at your house? That seems like a dangerous and expensive trip to make. 

You clearly need to watch the show 90-day fiance! 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

51 minutes ago, Timona said:

I missed this. I did a search for it at that time but never found it. If someone ever finds it, you are welcomed to PM me or notify me whichever way possible. 

Below is the thread. It took a while to find it. The search on this site doesn't always give the best results. 

Be warned that it is 8 pages long so get your popcorn ready.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
18 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Below is the thread. It took a while to find it. The search on this site doesn't always give the best results. 

You’re a life saver. Popcorn will be ready after work today when I sit to digest the 8 pages. Thank you. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

It's a unbelievable story .  What are the chances both dudes are from the same city

YMMV

1 hour ago, NuestraUnion said:

You just literately made me LOL!!!

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

1 hour ago, NuestraUnion said:

its so ashamed to be a Filipina..this girl one of the reason why i hate alot of filipina.. thats why i always said "know your partner first before decide to marry them" im so agree with one of the comment in that thread about 20 things that need to ask yourself..which is me and my husband definitely ask each other these before we decide for me to immigrate to the US.

@NeustraUnion i didnt had a chance to get a popcorn but instead i had coffee and bread 😂😂

Edited by icanbenobody

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

It's a unbelievable story .  What are the chances both dudes are from the same city

See I always assumed she purposely looked for a guy in the same city as her lover. 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

6 minutes ago, Illiria said:

See I always assumed she purposely looked for a guy in the same city as her lover. 

The other guy may have very well been from the same city. When I wrote the original post referencing that thread I was going off of memory which, I must admit, is not the best. The other guy being from another city is a detail I think I got wrong.

The OP of that thread updated that his "fiance's" own mother spilled the beans after some questioning. Seems she had both guys as possible suitors during the whole K1 process at the same time. He was just the unfortunate one to foot the bill. Seems made the decision who she wanted to be when she collected her luggage at the baggage claim.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Illiria said:

Maybe but statistics are not in her favor as only 5% +/- of online relationships actually result in a face to face meeting.   

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, usmsbow said:

You clearly need to watch the show 90-day fiance! 

I've learn of this show thanks to this website. I did watch a few episodes. I could feel my brain shriveling, and could not get though it. I do tend to think that it isn't really real and staged. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.