2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Sunnyman said:

This question deserve a professional response and I will prefer Our Sandra on this forum to assist me with it. Can the content in divorce decree affect green card or citizenship? I mean a no fault content or must abuse be mentioned in the reason? I believe many people will benefit from this. If it's no fault, hope it's wouldn't affect anything at anytime in path to citizenship. Thanks

You can file for divorce using any ground that you want ok, it will not affect your Vawa/AOS or citizenship.

3 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You can file for divorce using any ground that you want ok, it will not affect your Vawa/AOS or citizenship.

Thank you Sandra for being there for us. We know what you are doing for us but can only pray to God to continually strengthen you. We hope to have Sandra Avenue named after you soonest! You are appreciated and the good reward will always come your way as you too will never lack assistance.

Timeline
17 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

Sandranj can you please give me one advice? My lawyer put my GC interview on hold until my i360, gets approved or at lease, this is what she mentioned since my abuser fired my lawyer and didn't want to attend the interview. and that happens when i filed my i360, can that be a reason why my I-360 is taking so long, and who can i reach out to get information why it is taking so long to process my application, i filed in 2015 and i reached out to my Congressmen and every time when he checks on my behalf they told him that im undergoing an extensive background check and that was in 2016,2017 and in 2018i also contacted the ombudsman and i haven't received an explanation why only receive a reference number that i don't know how i can check? And also i wrote a letter and attached all the documents that i have file and received from USCIS and send that package to the VAWA Unite at the Vermont Service Center, still haven't received even a letter or anything that will say that they receive my package other than the Fedex confirmation that was received and that was in November of 2018, I'm sorry for always asking but i don't know what else to do and who to turn to?

Please forgive me and thank you for all your help.❤️

It’s taking too long your case.You should send a formal letter to USCIS stating that you will file a writ of mandamus because your case was filed in 2015 and until now they didn’t adjudicate the case .Maybe letting Uscis to know  that you know  whatt do when there is an  iextensive delay then they might give a decision in your case now.

Timeline
18 hours ago, xoxox said:

Lawyer doesn't have much experience about vawa case .

That's why I was try to ask before .

When vawa got approved I asked does USCIS will transfer AOS automatically after vawa got approved ,  Everyone gave me the same answer USCIS do not transfer automatically .     

I Don't know what to do now and what will happen ?

What I should to do now  ?

Can you please give me advise Sandra .

I appreciate your help and your time .

You have just to wait now.All people who gave you information about the AOS were wrong .

Last week someone hired me to refile form l360 because his attorney screwed up his  case. I was in shock when I saw how the attorney filed form l360,it’s missing 40% of the answers, plus the atrorney filed the wrong fate  when the guy separated from his wife, put the wife’s name wrong,his date of birthday is wrong too, He didm’t put the stepchild ‘s name as well,and he didn’t mention where the guy worked....it’s a mess the case .

It’s very important to read the forms before  signin and people should ,search about VAWA  before hiring an attorney.

47 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It’s taking too long your case.You should send a formal letter to USCIS stating that you will file a writ of mandamus because your case was filed in 2015 and until now they didn’t adjudicate the case .Maybe letting Uscis to know  that you know  whatt do when there is an  iextensive delay then they might give a decision in your case now.

I did send a letter regarding the delay I attached all the documents that they have send to me so far and also I mention that it is outside the normal processing time and the mandamus. And I didn’t revive anything even acknowledgment that they revive my package? What should I do and every time when I ask my lawyer they are saying there is nothing we can do besides waiting. I know that I will repeat myself but I will appreciate all your help and advice. Please anyone that can help me please do. 

7 hours ago, sandranj said:

You have just to wait now.All people who gave you information about the AOS were wrong .

Last week someone hired me to refile form l360 because his attorney screwed up his  case. I was in shock when I saw how the attorney filed form l360,it’s missing 40% of the answers, plus the atrorney filed the wrong fate  when the guy separated from his wife, put the wife’s name wrong,his date of birthday is wrong too, He didm’t put the stepchild ‘s name as well,and he didn’t mention where the guy worked....it’s a mess the case .

It’s very important to read the forms before  signin and people should ,search about VAWA  before hiring an attorney.

I Believe they put pervious 485 on hold since I asked them to reschedule the interview when my ex claimed feeling sick and refused to come with me to interview and refused to help me to reschedule the interview just wanted me to get deported .

Now I understand they transfer AOS automatically after vawa get approved when AOS still pending as you mentioned .

It's long journey .. I will just wait .

And Will keep praying .

Thanks Sandra for this information .

Thanks for guiding and helping us always and giving us time to answer all our questions , you are the best .

Timeline
8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Sandra, I've been on this site for 11.5 years, and the above is the single most beautiful statement ever made here.

Thank you for your tireless efforts here.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello guys, I have a question... how long does it take to get a Receipt once USCIS has taken the money out from my bank for EAD renewal fee? My EAD renewal was sent in dec 2018 and uscis took money out on 1/3/19... so far nothing in the mail.  I have a i360 filed since 2017.  Is everything getting delayed with the Govt Shutdown ? Thanks

Timeline
22 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

I did send a letter regarding the delay I attached all the documents that they have send to me so far and also I mention that it is outside the normal processing time and the mandamus. And I didn’t revive anything even acknowledgment that they revive my package? What should I do and every time when I ask my lawyer they are saying there is nothing we can do besides waiting. I know that I will repeat myself but I will appreciate all your help and advice. Please anyone that can help me please do. 

Your attorney can call Vawa unit.He knows the number .

31 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I had cases they scheduled  the fingerprints within 20 days,others 60 days.

Sandra and all vj members your contribution will highly be appreciated.

my application for for i765 c9 and i131 was finally accepted and the fee was waived.

i included a letter requesting them to expedite the process for my work authorization which I notarized 

i received a letter for biometric a week after I received the receipt for the waiver i765 and i131,

my question is that does that means my i765 will be expedited or not since I received a biometric just 6 days after receiving the receipt for both i765 and i131

thanks

Edited by Bryan12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.