2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sky4limit said:

After a long wait, I finally got an email from USCIS today that they have sent me an RFE, I wonder what they must have required because I gave them almost all the requirement when I filed.. Can someone tell me what they normally ask for?

Do not worry, for example USCIS asked me for my previous Divorce Certificate only. 

I hope it helps! 🙌🏼

Hello everyone,

I need assistance with the letter I got from USCIS today, 

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE.

I submitted my paper Dec 2018 with marriage cert. birth cert and copy of the abuser's ID.

They sent list of what i need to send:

1. Evidence we were married (is marriage cert. enough for this)

2. Evidence abuser is a permanent resident or US citizen (he is a citizen but I do not have his passport because we are seperated, what can i submit to proof?.

3. Evidence you are eligible for classification (I don't understand this?

4. Evidence we resided together ( I have some mails of our names and copy of IDs showing the same address, is this good enough?

5. Evidence I suffered battery or extreme cruelty from the abuser ( I was at the police once and i have the report, I went to the emergency room once when i broke my leg while fleeing from him, i have the discharge papers. Is this enough?

6. Evidence of good moral character 6-3 years.

7.Evidence marriage is of good faith (What do i submit?

8. Also, evidence may include statement from me or any person who have direct knowledge of my situation, civil document or public record ( Is this the part where i tell my story?

I was at behavioral health emergency center earlier this month as a result of having suicidal thoughts where i was evaluated and i was referred to meet a therapist for one on one counselling, Psychiatrist because i was diagnosed of depression for medication management and support group with women going through the abuse. I found a group already and i have started attending meeting, I am still trying to get a psychiatrist and therapist, i am still looking for resources online ( I don't know how to find one) I also have housing issue because i have been displaced.

I know my story is long but please assist me, any suggestion is appreciated, I can not afford a lawyer so I depend solely on this forum to get answers.

Thank you all and i hope to get response.......May God help you all.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

when date did u send in package did get any biometric apointment?

6 minutes ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello everyone,

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE.

I submitted my paper Dec 2018 with marriage cert. birth cert and copy of the abuser's ID.

2. Evidence abuser is a permanent resident or US citizen (he is a citizen but I do not have his passport because we are seperated, what can i submit to proof?.

4. Evidence we resided together ( I have some mails of our names and copy of IDs showing the same address, is this good enough?

5. Evidence I suffered battery or extreme cruelty from the abuser ( I was at the police once and i have the report, I went to the emergency room once when i broke my leg while fleeing from him, i have the discharge papers. Is this enough?

8. Also, evidence may include statement from me or any person who have direct knowledge of my situation, civil document or public record ( Is this the part where i tell my story?

I was at behavioral health emergency center earlier this month as a result of having suicidal thoughts where i was evaluated and i was referred to meet a therapist for one on one counselling, Psychiatrist because i was diagnosed of depression for medication management and support group with women going through the abuse. I found a group already and i have started attending meeting, I am still trying to get a psychiatrist and therapist, i am still looking for resources online ( I don't know how to find one) I also have housing issue because i have been displaced.

I know my story is long but please assist me, any suggestion is appreciated, I can not afford a lawyer so I depend solely on this forum to get answers.

when date did u send in package did get any biometric apointment?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chei-360 said:

Sorry I missed that part,

Package was sent 12/04/2018

yes  Bio-metric done 01/23/2019.

Thank you.

does status update once RFE sent laso i would recommend hire lawyer if possible. also sandraj can help you  

Timeline

you need to sent in detail personal statement describing date and merriage life and abuse part also u can metal health evaluation for abuse . also get FBI finger print background check done it take only 3 days to get the results

1 minute ago, ruchit12 said:

does status update once RFE sent laso i would recommend hire lawyer if possible. also sandraj can help you  

Please how do i check the status. Thanks for you response, yes I hop sandraj sees my post.

1 minute ago, ruchit12 said:

you need to sent in detail personal statement describing date and merriage life and abuse part also u can metal health evaluation for abuse . also get FBI finger print background check done it take only 3 days to get the results

Oh thanks a lot this is really helpful

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chei-360 said:

Please how do i check the status. Thanks for you response, yes I hop sandraj sees my post.

go to uscis.gov check status on right side of the website i had recipte date of decmeber 18 2018 i havbe biometric appointment peding it on jan 30

39 minutes ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello everyone,

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE.

Hi, I think it is possible that you are not correctly interpreting what USCIS is communicating to you. Usually USCIS sends an additional evidence request form (RFE) that contains all the possible evidence but only marks with an X the evidence that you have to send, I do not believe USCIS is asking you for all the evidence you mention.
Then I sent an example of RFE where you can see that only one of the possible evidence is marked with an X, in this case refers to evidence of good moral character.
I hope this helps, I suggest that Sandra or someone else confirm this information.

Example of RFE:

Ejemplo de RFE.png

Edited by Florecita_Bella

1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hi, I think it is possible that you are not correctly interpreting what USCIS is communicating to you. Usually USCIS sends an additional evidence request form (RFE) that contains all the possible evidence but only marks with an X the evidence that you have to send, I do not believe USCIS is asking you for all the evidence you mention.
Then I sent an example of RFE where you can see that only one of the possible evidence is marked with an X, in this case refers to evidence of good moral character.
I hope this helps, I suggest that Sandra or someone else confirm this information.

Example of RFE:

Ejemplo de RFE.png

1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Example of RFE:

Ejemplo de RFE.png

Oh thank you, this is exactly what it looks like, i thought i had to provide everything. Thank God I came to ask for help, i was really bothered. Thanks a lot

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chei-360 said:

Oh thank you, this is exactly what it looks like, i thought i had to provide everything. Thank God I came to ask for help, i was really bothered. Thanks a lot

All what they are asking is part of the Packet of your I360/VAWA that you were supposed to submit, do you have a lawyer? You don’t need all but is best if you have them. Like copies of utilities under either both of your names or 1 of your names showing same address, bank statements, house mortgage or rental contract, your own affidavit narrating what happened to you, pictures of yourselves, greeting cards sent throughout the years of your relationship, divorce certificate from previous marriage IF you or him were marry previously, birth certificates (both of yours), copy passport or ID/DL of both of you, tax filings (copies of them form at least the last 2 years your were filing together), letters from Doctors stating you seeked medical help for the abused, letter form witnesses about your relationship that knew you both from were the time you both date until the day you left your today’s ex-abuser, police reports (if any...) kids in common with birth certificates attached, pictures of family gatherings, trips together, air fare tickets,etc... all these papers are always necessary to present as part of your Packet. I hope it helps, Good Luck 🍀 🙌🏼

6 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

All what they are asking is part of the Packet of your I360/VAWA that you were supposed to submit, do you have a lawyer? You don’t need all but is best if you have them. Like copies of utilities under either both of your names or 1 of your names showing same address, bank statements, house mortgage or rental contract, your own affidavit narrating what happened to you, pictures of yourselves, greeting cards sent throughout the years of your relationship, divorce certificate from previous marriage IF you or him were marry previously, birth certificates (both of yours), copy passport or ID/DL of both of you, tax filings (copies of them form at least the last 2 years your were filing together), letters from Doctors stating you seeked medical help for the abused, letter form witnesses about your relationship that knew you both from were the time you both date until the day you left your today’s ex-abuser, police reports (if any...) kids in common with birth certificates attached, pictures of family gatherings, trips together, air fare tickets,etc... all these papers are always necessary to present as part of your Packet. I hope it helps, Good Luck 🍀 🙌🏼

Yes this is helps, thanks so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.