2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, rayofhope said:

Nobody has tome to ans my question😔😔😔

@rayofhope no one knows for sure how long the timeline is for interview date. Your local office is showing 14.5 - 32 months. It can happen before 14.5 months “as I’ve seen before”, it could happen in between 14.5 & 32 months or after 32 months. It has a lot to do with how many files was at the local office before your file as it is a first come first serve. All I can say is just be patient, renew your work permit if you have to and have faith. I’m waiting as well and it’s not even a month since my case got transferred.

39 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Hello guys, 

Today I have received this update: 

I did not request a change of name, I only contacted them to ask to change my address... Any ideas?

CHNGE.png

The same happen to me and I have never requested a name change or anything please if someone has experience the same change of status or if they know what it could be let us know ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

The same happen to me and I have never requested a name change or anything please if someone has experience the same change of status or if they know what it could be let us know ?

Maybe it just means our names were spelled wrong? Have you made any information change requests such as address, name..?

Just now, nap_o said:

Maybe it just means our names were spelled wrong? Have you made any information change requests such as address, name..?

No never I have never made any changes since I filed. And that update like the name change appear like 2-3 times on my status update  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

No never I have never made any changes since I filed. And that update like the name change appear like 2-3 times on my status update  

When did you apply? This is the first update I get in almost a year... I applied on Sept 2017.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Trizzle said:

@rayofhope no one knows for sure how long the timeline is for interview date. Your local office is showing 14.5 - 32 months. It can happen before 14.5 months “as I’ve seen before”, it could happen in between 14.5 & 32 months or after 32 months. It has a lot to do with how many files was at the local office before your file as it is a first come first serve. All I can say is just be patient, renew your work permit if you have to and have faith. I’m waiting as well and it’s not even a month since my case got transferred.

Thx a lot was worried as was reopened after denial then was i360 approved but i 485 shows priority date of 05/2014

Timeline
1 minute ago, rayofhope said:

@nap_oIts an approval

I really hope so more than anything but we will see... How can you tell it might be approval?

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Nap_o ... same happened 3 months before with me too first name updated mail theni485 transfer and then approval in a week time everything so ... be happy👍🏻

Timeline
56 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Nap_o ... same happened 3 months before with me too first name updated mail theni485 transfer and then approval in a week time everything so ... be happy👍🏻

how long was it for your i-485 to be transferred after your received the updating name notice?

I've been looking that up and it also means I'm likely to get an RFE 

Edited by nap_o

7 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Who knows maybe it could be approval... fingers crossed

Who knows I think it is a name change if someone know what it means please share. And I fought it I always assume the worst maybe it is because of what has happen so far but I hope that it will get approved soon. 

Timeline
Just now, MimoMinkov said:

Who knows I think it is a name change if someone know what it means please share. And I fought it I always assume the worst maybe it is because of what has happen so far but I hope that it will get approved soon. 

I have been researching and it only means a USCIS officer has opened or barely stared working on your file. Take a look if you'd like: https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does--name-was-update--status-means---2606864.html

I also think about the worst case scenario and I know each individual application is different from another so I won't even get my hopes up on this.

You've certainly waited for a long time, when was the last time they updated with change of name in your case?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Trizzle said:

What is your question?

So far be very patient...it takes  long time to get approval, mine took 17 months from 5/25/2017-10/29/2018 still waiting for my I485 ...on top if it doesn't come I have to renew my EAD on  4/2019. Pray hard and stay motivated, all will be fine  🙌😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.