2,915 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

No!!! The 17-24 months is for I360/VAWA and EAD if you filed under C31. The I-485 is still pending it hasn’t been transfer yet...

5/25/2017 Packet in (I360/I485/I765)

7/3/2017 Biometrics

9/7/2018 RFE I360/Vawa

9/27/2018 RFE back into USCIS 

10/29/2018 Approved I360 and I765

11/6/2018 I765/EAD in my hands 

1/7/2019 I Request my I797c of my I360

Nothing yet on my GC/I485 Interview yet

now with Goverment Shut Down is going to take longer... so gang in there, it will come soon!!! 🙌🏼🇺🇸💫😍

I am hoping mine and everybody else’s does too!!!

Okay I See ..

Did you try to make appointment with infopass to inquire about 485 ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
52 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Okay I See ..

53 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Okay I See ..

Yes! But Officer said they don’t know how long more it might take due to the government shut down. Average time is 10-33 months in a Chicago Service Center as today’s report. I am processing my I131 now which according to the Officer will take 4-8 months currently at Nebraska Service Center. What is your timeline?

13 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Yes! But Officer said they don’t know how long more it might take due to the government shut down. Average time is 10-33 months in a Chicago Service Center as today’s report. I am processing my I131 now which according to the Officer will take 4-8 months currently at Nebraska Service Center. What is your timeline?

After my vawa got approved I summited 485/765 on October 10 

Only I had biometric after filing . 

I didn't hear anything after that .. Just waiting now for 485 to get transfer .

It been 4 months nothing yet .

I have heard it should take only 2 months for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC .. I don't know why my case is taken so long .

I have heard also we should to start counting from the date 485 reach local office to get interview not from the date vawa got approved . 

Which is mean we need to wait until 485 reach the local office .

Long long wait ...............

Timeline
31 minutes ago, xoxox said:

After my vawa got approved I summited 485/765 on October 10 

Only I had biometric after filing . 

I didn't hear anything after that .. Just waiting now for 485 to get transfer .

It been 4 months nothing yet .

I have heard it should take only 2 months for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC .. I don't know why my case is taken so long .

I have heard also we should to start counting from the date 485 reach local office to get interview not from the date vawa got approved . 

Which is mean we need to wait until 485 reach the local office .

Long long wait ...............

Yes, I filed together still same process, I have to wait until I485 is transfer so we are same boat!!! 

Why did you filed separately the I360?!

The Officer said is no timeline to know how long to get transfer and sometimes they don’t even tell you until you get interview notice... go figure now with Goverment Shut Down! I have been waiting for 3 months now... the good thing is that we are already approved!!! 😍🇺🇸💫🙌🏼 

17 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Yes, I filed together still same process, I have to wait until I485 is transfer so we are same boat!!! 

Why did you filed separately the I360?!

The Officer said is no timeline to know how long to get transfer and sometimes they don’t even tell you until you get interview notice... go figure now with Goverment Shut Down! I have been waiting for 3 months now... the good thing is that we are already approved!!! 😍🇺🇸💫🙌🏼 

The Reason for I filed 485 separately because I have pervious 485 based on marriage still pending until now and after vawa got approved I filed new 485 .

The officer told you sometimes they don't even tell until you get interview notice ! 

I think they always send NOA when they transfer the case One time form VSC to NBC and other time when the case transfer from NBC to Local office .

it should take only 2 months to get the transfer . 

That's why I am try to ask Sandra about this matter and waiting for her to answer our questions because I am worry now.

Hope we hear a good news very soon .

Timeline
29 minutes ago, xoxox said:

The Reason for I filed 485 separately because I have pervious 485 based on marriage still pending until now and after vawa got approved I filed new 485 .

The officer told you sometimes they don't even tell until you get interview notice ! 

I think they always send NOA when they transfer the case One time form VSC to NBC and other time when the case transfer from NBC to Local office .

That's why I am try to ask Sandra about this matter and waiting for her to answer our questions because I am worry now.

Sandra answer me the following:

You have to check uscis timeline to see the local office in your city in which month they are working in the cases.

i asked her the same question 2 weeks ago.

I sent you a private message.

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Timeline
9 hours ago, xoxox said:

They don’t always send NOA, right now I am in the process of requesting my I797c (NOA) because I never got it for my I360/VAWA approval so Inam still waiting for their response. I thought it was strange not to get it...my lawyer and here in the forum said it happens sometimes ,...

Edited by FridayGirl@69

10 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Sandra answer me the following:

You have to check uscis timeline to see the local office in your city in which month they are working in the cases.

i asked her the same question 2 weeks ago.

I sent you a private message.

Thank you for your information .

Sandra's answer for this question regarding what is the processing time for 485 she said you have to check USCIS timeline to see the local office in the city on which month they are working in the cases . 

This answer wasn't respond for how long it takes for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC.

I know USCIS not always send NOA .

At least they update online the case status .

We didn't get NOA nor update online . 

That's mean 485 still in VSC didn't Move.

Keep you posted please . 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, xoxox said:

Thank you for your information .

Sandra's answer for this question regarding what is the processing time for 485 she said you have to check USCIS timeline to see the local office in the city on which month they are working in the cases . 

This answer wasn't respond for how long it takes for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC.

I know USCIS not always send NOA .

At least they update online the case status .

We didn't get NOA nor update online . 

That's mean 485 still in VSC didn't Move.

Keep you posted please . 

They don’t update online all the time neither, my I765 was never updated, we can not relayed on the online System neither. Supposedly it takes 2-4 months to get transfer but on today’s crisis who knows...it might take much longer.

Hopefully we will get an answer sooner vs later 🇺🇸💫

Hi everyone,

I got my VAWA approved in August 2018. Since then I am waiting for NOA. The only correspondence I received was a courtesy letter saying that my medical is expired - that was in September 2018. Since then - nothing!

Just wanted to check with you how do you find out if your case has been transfer to your local office?

Also my biggest question here is : since my petition is based on VAWA can I use my SAFE address to continue with the 485? I am moving out of state in 2 months, but my safe address is here in this state(my attorney's address). If I have to update my address that means that the case is going to be transfered to the new state, right. I don't want that to happen. Does the safe address work in this case?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Trizzle said:

Update: My Paralegal received NOA Notice Type: Transfer Notice 1/10/19 I-485 transfer to NBC. Just keeping Visa Journey family updated so it can be used as reference. 

Awesome! So so happy for you!  

How long ago was your I360/vawa Approved? So we can get an idea of the waiting timeline 😉

Timeline
7 hours ago, Emsi said:

Hi everyone,

I got my VAWA approved in August 2018. Since then I am waiting for NOA. The only correspondence I received was a courtesy letter saying that my medical is expired - that was in September 2018. Since then - nothing!

Just wanted to check with you how do you find out if your case has been transfer to your local office?

Also my biggest question here is : since my petition is based on VAWA can I use my SAFE address to continue with the 485? I am moving out of state in 2 months, but my safe address is here in this state(my attorney's address). If I have to update my address that means that the case is going to be transfered to the new state, right. I don't want that to happen. Does the safe address work in this case?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! 

You should have inquire your I797c/NOA,

why did it expired? Usually you do medical because interview is already set?! 

You must get in touch with you lawyer and get answers ASAP 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Awesome! So so happy for you!  

How long ago was your I360/vawa Approved? So we can get an idea of the waiting timeline 😉

New Card in Production      12.19.18

Case Approved                     12.19.18

NOA Approval Notice date 1.2.19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.