2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kleenex12 said:

my dear its crazy,i applied in august category C14,till date nothing yet,applied EAD C9 on october 25th nothing yet,its crazy hang in there hope we get some news soon!

I hope so too!!

I have an urgent question, can someone tell me can i go into a deportation proceeding or can this be a reason for deportation?

A few days ago when i was using the metro for some reason my smart trip card didn't register when i was exciting and a police officer stopped me  and wrote me a citation for not paying the fair, i explained to him that it wasn't intentional and it was because everyone was pushing from behind and i didn't even see that it didn't register and now i have to go to court. I checked case search for my state and i don't see anything what should i do?

can that be a reason for deportation and can that cost me a denial on my VAWA application? 

Edited by MimoMinkov
adding additional questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

I have an urgent question, can someone tell me can i go into a deportation proceeding or can this be a reason for deportation?

A few days ago when i was using the metro for some reason my smart trip card didn't register when i was exciting and a police officer stopped me  and wrote me a citation for not paying the fair, i explained to him that it wasn't intentional and it was because everyone was pushing from behind and i didn't even see that it didn't register and now i have to go to court. I checked case search for my state and i don't see anything what should i do?

can that be a reason for deportation and can that cost me a denial on my VAWA application? 

I am not a lawyer but I don’t think so...but just pay it and explain it to the judge if you get to see one. Have all documents and police bach number as referral for your case. 

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Elisana said:

How long it takes to get interview after vawa aproved

My green card aplication is pending in Atlanta

Do i need to wait for ling period?

can you please share your vawa approval timeline? thanks

7 hours ago, Elisana said:

How long it takes to get interview after vawa aproved

My green card aplication is pending in Atlanta

Do i need to wait for ling period?

I’m in Atlanta as well, my Vawa was approved in July of last year. My i485 was transferred in August and I’m still waiting. I used to get updates every 2 weeks about my case still being reviewed but since December 17 I haven’t gotten any updates. Idk if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.. hoping for an interview soon

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I am not a lawyer but I don’t think so...but just pay it and explain it to the judge if you get to see one. Have all documents and police bach number as referral for your case. 

Thank you for the encouraging words, I'm so stressed right now reading on google how people are getting in removal procedure because of not paying a bus fare and stuff like that, and im OMG just because my smart trip card didn't register I'm going to be deported or denied my VAWA, and it was not like it didn't have money on the smart trip card it had more than enough. hopefully, the thing will be ok and i won't go to jail or something worst. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

Thank you for the encouraging words, I'm so stressed right now reading on google how people are getting in removal procedure because of not paying a bus fare and stuff like that, and im OMG just because my smart trip card didn't register I'm going to be deported or denied my VAWA, and it was not like it didn't have money on the smart trip card it had more than enough. hopefully, the thing will be ok and i won't go to jail or something worst. 

I will suggest you to be all cover to get a copy of your bank statement that can proof the Credit Payment into the Metro Card or if you have the online Metro # set make a copy too, it shows there it had money plus make sure you told the Officer you try to pay but it was not your fault it didn’t register the fare payment.

I am surprised they give you a citation for this, very strange. You will be fine! Stay Positive and Focus Praying for a soon resolution to your Approval Case 🙌🏼💫

Edited by FridayGirl@69

7 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I will suggest you to be all cover to get a copy of your bank statement that can proof the Credit Payment into the Metro Card or if you have the online Metro # set make a copy too, it shows there it had money plus make sure you told the Officer you try to pay but it was not your fault it didn’t register the fare payment.

I am surprised they give you a citation for this, very strange. You will be fine! Stay Positive and Focus Praying for a soon resolution to your Approval Case 🙌🏼💫

he i told him im sorry and i don't know why he didn't allow me to pay i hope that would be a criminal charge people get deported if they have a criminal charge :( And thank you for all your support and kind words ❤️

I want to say thank you to all of you and to apologize for all those questions and concerns that i have and for all the times that i have put those concerns here it is just that i have so many questions and im so afraid and worried because off all that is happening and because off all the things that are not happening and mostly because i have no one else to turn to and to ask for help, but I'm guessing that something that most of us are dealing with on a daily basses. 

Once again thank you and im sorry.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

I want to say thank you to all of you and to apologize for all those questions and concerns that i have and for all the times that i have put those concerns here it is just that i have so many questions and im so afraid and worried because off all that is happening and because off all the things that are not happening and mostly because i have no one else to turn to and to ask for help, but I'm guessing that something that most of us are dealing with on a daily basses. 

Once again thank you and im sorry.  

Please nothing to be sorry, we are all in the same boat! It is already hard with our own suffering and adding the immigration crisis on top of it! Stay calm, be always truthful and if you see a judge for this matter have alll proof documents ready to explained what happened.

try to calm your nerves, we all are here to support and cheer up each other.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Any more posts not in English will be removed -- the rule is "English-only outside the regional forums."  This is so that everyone knows what's being asked and answered.  Thanks for your awareness.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.