Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, toknowmore said:

Hello everyone!

To:  @Greenbaum and someone had experience of transfering the case.  

My approval is November 1. I want to transfer the interview of my fiance to her home country. When is the best time to email NVC to request a change? And do I need to call them as well? Or just email them?

Thank you!

Contact the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate directly in the country where you wish to apply and follow their instructions for case transfer. Please click here for the full list of all U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas. 

The old Embassy will need to receive a formal file transfer request from that U.S. Embassy/Consulate in the country where you wish to apply. Upon receipt of this request, they will immediately forward the file for the New Embassy to process. 

Once you contact your New Embassy you then can discuss the transfer of your fee. Be sure to have your payment receipt available. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Bump

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 9:39 PM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting from their NOA2 K-1 to the case assignment from NVC.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post them here for you to refer to when it's necessary.

1. How do I update my email address with NVC  Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html 

to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy.

2. Checking on your embassy case number from NVC:

It will take 7 - 10 business days for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2 - 5 business days for NVC to get your file in their system and produce your case number.  Call 7:00 am eastern time for shorter wait times.

1-603-334-0700 or 603-334-0888. Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

Best time to call:

Right after they open which is around 7:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. Most have had luck getting the phone answered after the first ring if they called right at 7am.

3. How long to assign a Case # from NOA2

Currently it's been taking about 2 weeks for USCIS to send the file to NVC. Then it's been taking about 2-3 weeks for NVC to assign the case number. Then it's taking another 2-3 week depending on the Embassy to receive your case. Your mileage may vary!

Hi @Greenbaum

First, thank you for all of your help! I see you all over the forum and it is appreciated!

If I may ask some clarifying questions from above. We received our NOA2 (via the website update; not a hard copy yet) on 11/1. I've done #1 above. In number 2, it seems it will take 9-15 total business days for a case number to be generated. But then in #3 seems to imply 4--5 weeks to generate a case number. Or does the second sentence in #3 mean a total of 2-3 weeks (which includes travel time from USICS to NVC) to generate a case number? 

If I submitted my email through the ask NVC page, should I still start calling around day 10 to get our case number? But once I have the case number, is it correct to state that we can't do anything with it until the application is at the Embassy? Or should we then submit the D-160, pay the fee, schedule the medical and gamble that the application will be there by the time the interview is scheduled? 

Thanks for your help! 

Alan

52 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

Hi @Greenbaum

First, thank you for all of your help! I see you all over the forum and it is appreciated!

If I may ask some clarifying questions from above. We received our NOA2 (via the website update; not a hard copy yet) on 11/1. I've done #1 above. In number 2, it seems it will take 9-15 total business days for a case number to be generated. But then in #3 seems to imply 4--5 weeks to generate a case number. Or does the second sentence in #3 mean a total of 2-3 weeks (which includes travel time from USICS to NVC) to generate a case number? Yes 2-3 weeks which includes travel time. Remember your mileage may vary. :D

If I submitted my email through the ask NVC page, should I still start calling around day 10 to get our case number? But once I have the case number, is it correct to state that we can't do anything with it until the application is at the Embassy? Or should we then submit the D-160, pay the fee, schedule the medical and gamble that the application will be there by the time the interview is scheduled? 

Thanks for your help! 

Alan

Thank you for the note of appreciation.

I don't have a P3 letter from your Embassy but I have been able to put together some links that you may have or not. If you get a P3 letter, and once your case is ready at the Embassy, I would email them for the P3 letter. You might try and contact others who are going through your Embassy ahead of you to see if they can share some information with you. Use the tools above in the quoted text for details on how to make contact. If you can share the P3 letter with me then I can use it to help others who will come behind you. Just PM me here on VJ and include a PDF link please. Good luck and Thanks.

Find and or ask questions in the sub-forum for your country

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Embassy information

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=El

Embassy reviews

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=El

Others near your timeline from your country

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op7=El

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, Greenbaum said:

1. How do I update my email address with NVC  Once you receive your NOA2 approval then contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html 

to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address. This will give you an email alert when your file arrives at NVC, your case is assigned and when the file leaves for your Embassy.

I tried this but the site won't recognize my birth date even if I'm choosing it from the calendar they have. 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

2 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I tried this but the site won't recognize my birth date even if I'm choosing it from the calendar they have. 

Many have had the same problem. I will update the instructions for December but in the mean time; The form requests a date, in the format "dd/Month/yyyy", which I assumed was "DD/MM/YYYY", eg. 28/08/1965.  What it's actually asking for is 28/August/1965, which you will see if you use the little calendar that pops up.

I think this is a confusing and annoying date format, and I don't like it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Many have had the same problem. I will update the instructions for December but in the mean time; The form requests a date, in the format "dd/Month/yyyy", which I assumed was "DD/MM/YYYY", eg. 28/08/1965.  What it's actually asking for is 28/August/1965, which you will see if you use the little calendar that pops up.

I think this is a confusing and annoying date format, and I don't like it.

Yes I saw that but still not working with that format, I'll give it another try later... Thanks!

image.png.21d9a47e5505b95e3675f1a75f543158.png

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.