2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 10:08 PM, Shiran said:

Indeed. Looks like someone else got approved yesterday (Jan/3) with August 13 NOA1 date.

Yes  actually i saw around 3 to 5  from august approved 

7 hours ago, vera1992 said:

@Greenbaum can you help me

with the info and next steps for Guyana embassy???? Thanks so much!!!!!

P3 letter with instructions
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aXqmiUJyZWIuflY3GrwPo2q9WANjBpZy/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Do you by any chance have anything like that for the Romanian embassy? Sadly the information I have found was sparse. Would be nice to know what the P3 is in advance, but if not, that is totally alright as well. Figured I would ask 🙂

Sorry I don't have one for your Embassy. When you get your P3 from your Embassy if you could share with me I'd appreciate it. I like to help out others as you have noticed. Thank you

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Sorry I don't have one for your Embassy. When you get your P3 from your Embassy if you could share with me I'd appreciate it. I like to help out others as you have noticed. Thank you

Will most definitely send it over once I receive it. Thank you for trying to help us all through the process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 3:20 PM, Chris&Ale said:

We received NOA2 this morning. Yay! I awoke to a text from USCIS at 6:18am telling me they had taken action on my case. I logged in to the new site and it shows that case was approved yesterday.  (The old site still shows as Case received.)

NOA1: August 8

NOA2: January 3

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

For those who might be curious, I frontloaded the app with many pages of whatsapp call screenshots, photos (copies) of us together, and samples of our chat messages for past year or so. Neither of us have been married before. No criminal history. I did serve in the military but was over 20 years ago. 

Wow! Congrats to you. Our Noa1 is August 9. I’m a nervous wreck right now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 1/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, Greenbaum said:

Glad you joined us. I'd like to provide with some information for the "next steps" that you can look over and possibly ready some of the documents.

Here is thee P3 for Argentina:

Next, this is the Argentina US Embassy webpage:

https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/am-i-eligible/

This the VJ web portal

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Argentina&cty=Buenos_Aires

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
22 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I think they need to create a Words of Wisdom by Greenbaum section here on Visa Journey. :)

Thanks for all of the help you give to all of us!

Edited by Chris&Ale

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

I think they need to create a Words of Wisdom by Greenbaum section here on Visa Journey. :)

Thanks for all of the help you give to all of us!

I agree!

Edited by Mer and Matt

Timeline

Income and Assets

I was looking at things the Petitioner needs to provide as far as proof of income. I can understand getting a letter from your employer and bank in regards to your employment, salary, etc.. but if someone makes above the limit, do we really need to provide our current checking account balance, numbers of stocks and bonds we have, etc? If someone makes say $100,000 a year with no dependents but only has a few hundred bucks in their bank account, can that be grounds for denial? 

Edited by Chris&Ale
Hit Enter key too soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Income and Assets

I was looking at things the Petitioner needs to provide as far as proof of income. I can understand getting a letter from your employer and bank in regards to your employment, salary, etc.. but if someone makes above the limit, do we really need to provide our current checking account balance, numbers of stocks and bonds we have, etc? If someone makes say $100,000 a year with no dependents but only has a few hundred bucks in their bank account, can that be grounds for denial? 

You need to include it but it doesn't really matter if he only has a few hundred in his account. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, ED&Oni said:

Wow! Congrats to you. Our Noa1 is August 9. I’m a nervous wreck right now. 

Hello!!! Those are great news!! Congrats!!! Can you provide me the link of the new website? Thanks in advance!!!

Timeline
On 1/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, Greenbaum said:

Thanks so MUCH!!!! I am really thankful. Can you help me to clarify the whole process for me till the interview? I know after NOA2, then it's the NVC and then our case goes to the consulate, what's the P3 , etc??? Can you  also provide me the list of documents for Guyana Embassy, I have read it in their page but I'd like to know if birth certificates have to be legalized. Thanks so much for your great help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.