45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, missileman said:

Your timeline says differently......242 days from NOA1 to interview........

yes you are right it takes 217 days.

2 hours ago, TM92 said:

As already mentioned, Hong Kong is a great alternative. Another option: if your fiance has (or is keen to try to apply for) a US tourist visa, you can marry in the US and she returns to the Philippines. Then you can begin the CR-1 process:

Then after the marriage, you can have a renewal of vows in the Philippines if she still wants a ceremony with family.

Yes, I think I will still go this route after all (K-1) rather than CR-1; I am not so concerned about the longer wait for adjustment of Status, etc. as she will not need to work right away nor will she be doing any traveling other than local here with me to visit my family and friends, etc. Then yes, after she is all set we can go back to Phils and have a very nice reception with her own family and friends!  :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

For some K3 context, we submitted a petition for the K3 (we were naive and thought it might be quicker). USCIS actually notified me that the K3 (I-129F) was administratively closed about 1.5 months before they processed the CR1 (I-130) petition. So they don't even go by which one is quicker, they will literally just close the K3 so they don't have to bother with it. So even if it is processed "quicker", they won't let it get ahead of the CR1.

In the end, I'm VERY happy that it happened this way. CR1 is so much better, but I didn't realize it at the beginning of this process. VJ showed me the light 🙌

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Robert D said:

Yes, I think I will still go this route after all (K-1) rather than CR-1; I am not so concerned about the longer wait for adjustment of Status, etc. as she will not need to work right away nor will she be doing any traveling other than local here with me to visit my family and friends, etc. Then yes, after she is all set we can go back to Phils and have a very nice reception with her own family and friends!  :)

You are the only one who can decide which is the better course for you. Be aware that I have seen many, many K-1 posters who say "I wish we had gone the CR-1 route instead".........I have not seen a single CR-1 poster who said they should have done a K-1....the period of limbo between marriage and getting the green card more than a year later is not a piece of cake according to most posters..

Good Luck.........keep us informed during your journey.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ajay007 said:

yes you are right it takes 217 days.

Can you tell me how you arrived at that number?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, missileman said:

Can you tell me how you arrived at that number?

I wasted my 25 days to gather all documents basically it takes 217 days from uscis. CR1 is beneficial for those who want everything right away loke work and license etc when they arrive but who wants to be here ASAP I suggest k1. Have a nice day. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ajay007 said:

I wasted my 25 days to gather all documents basically it takes 217 days from uscis. CR1 is beneficial for those who want everything right away loke work and license etc when they arrive but who wants to be here ASAP I suggest k1. Have a nice day. 

As reported by VisaJourney members, the average time from NOA1 to interview is 283 days....roughly 9 months.....

image.png.51aca7c63f5a3f347b3afe84c4ebbfc3.png

Timeline
5 minutes ago, missileman said:

As reported by VisaJourney members, the average time from NOA1 to interview is 283 days....roughly 9 months.....

image.png.51aca7c63f5a3f347b3afe84c4ebbfc3.png

You are right 👍

6 months???  Highly unlikely. Those were the timelines from a few years ago. Now a K-1 is 10 to 11 months to interview and CR-1 is 10 to 12 months for interview. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 8/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, John & Rose said:

6 months???  Highly unlikely. Those were the timelines from a few years ago. Now a K-1 is 10 to 11 months to interview and CR-1 is 10 to 12 months for interview. 

June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 11, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

May I ask the reason your K-1 was refused on 04/11/18? That's a long time from your filing date of 06/06/17...

As mentioned previously, I have filed two K-1 Visas in the past and both were approved without any delay or issues: Aug 2008 filed was approved March 2009, then again May 2014 filed was approved Nov 2014, so one took 7 months to process and the other just 6 months...

Unfortunately the first one ended in divorce as she was genuinely unhappy here away from her family and the second one did not come because we broke things off (long sad story) in Jan 2015...

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, Robert D said:

May I ask the reason your K-1 was refused on 04/11/18? That's a long time from your filing date of 06/06/17...

As mentioned previously, I have filed two K-1 Visas in the past and both were approved without any delay or issues: Aug 2008 filed was approved March 2009, then again May 2014 filed was approved Nov 2014, so one took 7 months to process and the other just 6 months...

Unfortunately the first one ended in divorce as she was genuinely unhappy here away from her family and the second one did not come because we broke things off (long sad story) in Jan 2015...

Paperwork error caused their issues. It was very unfortunate. But it happens even to the best prepared.

12 hours ago, Robert D said:

Refusal or not, his timeline is average for the current times. Your processing times in the past are now just a distant memory. It is taking almost a year for everyone, whatever the outcome. There used to be a bigger gap between timeframes for K-1 avd CR-1 but now they are pretty much on a par. Which makes me wonder why some people still think the overpriced tourist visa - sorry, fiancé visa - that leaves their spouse unable to work, drive (in some states), leave the country (you say your wife has no plans to travel but what if a family member back in her home country dies? It's not about plans, in my opinion, it's about the freedom to be able to do so if you want/need to) for many months is such a good deal. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JFH said:

Refusal or not, his timeline is average for the current times. Your processing times in the past are now just a distant memory. It is taking almost a year for everyone, whatever the outcome. There used to be a bigger gap between timeframes for K-1 avd CR-1 but now they are pretty much on a par. Which makes me wonder why some people still think the overpriced tourist visa - sorry, fiancé visa - that leaves their spouse unable to work, drive (in some states), leave the country (you say your wife has no plans to travel but what if a family member back in her home country dies? It's not about plans, in my opinion, it's about the freedom to be able to do so if you want/need to) for many months is such a good deal. 

and the gap is getting smaller per these VJ processing time charts:

image.png.b3a6eb131394dcfdcfd2a38cd953d4c6.png

On 8/18/2018 at 6:28 PM, Robert D said:

Just FYI, you will also need a multiple filer waiver for the K-1.  I am not sure if this affects overall processing times.

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2018 at 5:06 PM, missileman said:

You are the only one who can decide which is the better course for you. Be aware that I have seen many, many K-1 posters who say "I wish we had gone the CR-1 route instead".........I have not seen a single CR-1 poster who said they should have done a K-1....the period of limbo between marriage and getting the green card more than a year later is not a piece of cake according to most posters..

Good Luck.........keep us informed during your journey.

im a k1 visa also..i came to a point that i wish we had done cr1 instead but if i think about it um not really..we have our own decision and opinion..and my opinion about cr1 i think i just dont like the fact that most filipino who gets cr1 are desperate people who wants to secure the approval..its because they dont want to get deny because of their red flags..for example in our village there are 10 people applying for our visa but 8 of them are for cr1 and 2 for k1..only 2 for k1 because  they have a very positive view and they trust each other and their relationship but those 8 people for cr1 they are usually  from friends/family introducing to the foreign men and usually they only met once in person and decide to get married and so they can be together.. They chose cr1 because there are some red flags..sorry its just my opinion..i admit im a HATER of some people who do cr1 for AMERICA or other country and not for TRUE LOVE..sometimes i felt sad for the church who let those people get married in God's house.. sigh

Hooray to us who files for true love!! k1/cr1 or any other visa as long as its not for the country.😅😅😅 

i hate seeing those people in our village who marry those foreigner for money and now they are an ####### of the village.. They think they are above. really only dumb people talk too much about the foreigners money like its also their money LOL

God im very hateful person forgive me😅😂

Edited by gaski

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.