902 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Is your file still with USCIS? Do you have a case number assigned yet? There are not many in july left to process. It's unusual that someone from Taiwan would be this delayed. Call USCIS. Google for customer service USCIS.

I'm just curious, if we call the USCIS customer service and ask about our file. Are they willing to give us answers if we are still under their processing time table? Have anyone tried?

49 minutes ago, CJD said:

Dumb question here.

How does getting the case number from NVC help me? 

Ppl think that by having their case number they can start the processing in their country. Some will some won't. But I have never been able to explain that for most it's a waste of time. Anywhoooo I Well try and explain it but it's a little tricky.

1. There are some embassy's that you can get your medical completed with just the number followed by setting the interview date once their record is set to "ready" 

2. There are other embassy's that require your case record on ceac.state.gov be set to "ready" before you can do anything.

3. There are other embassy's that you must wait for ready condition, complete some items from their P3 letter then return them back to the embassy before the embassy will allow you to schedule an appointment.

Still with me?

4. Then there are embassy's that require you to wait till they set your case to ready, (e)mailed you the P3 letter, you gather all your documents from the P3 requirements and return them to the embassy which after they review said documents and if everything is in order they allow you to schedule and interview.

5. There are embassy's that will schedule your interview for you with a date and time which is never convenient to the applicant but it's take it or leave it.

6. There are embassy's that will send you the P3 letter but not until after they have set your case to "ready".  Then at that time you can follow the outline of what is required, set your interview and medical dates, and gather all your documents then show up for your interview.

If I haven't lost you that in a nut shell kind of tells you why people are calling without know that one of these situations just might be there. Failing to the point of having to cancel your interview twice will cause you to be placed in limbo for 90 days and then pay the fee again for your interview. And if the medical has expired then you must do the medical over.

So a little knowledge is dangerous. I tip my hat to you for asking.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

58 minutes ago, Jedi JayR said:

I'm just curious, if we call the USCIS customer service and ask about our file. Are they willing to give us answers if we are still under their processing time table? Have anyone tried?

If you are within their posted processing times then you will not get an answer but other than NO, call back in 8 weeks. Your just wasting their time and yours. Normal processing now is 4.5 - 7 months. There is absolutely NOTHING that you or anyone else can do to speed this up. So in the many years I have been here ppl try and push the process with calling, stomping their feet, screaming that it is not fair etc. and in the end they didn't move their case along. But, your welcome to call.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Ppl think that by having their case number they can start the processing in their country. Some will some won't. But I have never been able to explain that for most it's a waste of time. Anywhoooo I Well try and explain it but it's a little tricky.

1. There are some embassy's that you can get your medical completed with just the number followed by setting the interview date once their record is set to "ready" 

2. There are other embassy's that require your case record on ceac.state.gov be set to "ready" before you can do anything.

3. There are other embassy's that you must wait for ready condition, complete some items from their P3 letter then return them back to the embassy before the embassy will allow you to schedule an appointment.

Still with me?

4. Then there are embassy's that require you to wait till they set your case to ready, (e)mailed you the P3 letter, you gather all your documents from the P3 requirements and return them to the embassy which after they review said documents and if everything is in order they allow you to schedule and interview.

5. There are embassy's that will schedule your interview for you with a date and time which is never convenient to the applicant but it's take it or leave it.

6. There are embassy's that will send you the P3 letter but not until after they have set your case to "ready".  Then at that time you can follow the outline of what is required, set your interview and medical dates, and gather all your documents then show up for your interview.

If I haven't lost you that in a nut shell kind of tells you why people are calling without know that one of these situations just might be there. Failing to the point of having to cancel your interview twice will cause you to be placed in limbo for 90 days and then pay the fee again for your interview. And if the medical has expired then you must do the medical over.

So a little knowledge is dangerous. I tip my hat to you for asking.

Thank you! 😁😁😁

So, probably the only reason I would call NVC is for peace of mind to know they actually have my case, or that it's on its way to NZ. OR, do we get a notification or website status update saying it is currently at NVC?

13 minutes ago, CJD said:

Thank you! 😁😁😁

So, probably the only reason I would call NVC is for peace of mind to know they actually have my case, or that it's on its way to NZ. OR, do we get a notification or website status update saying it is currently at NVC?

I listed the ceac website to check your status once you have your case number but I will add it here ceac.state.gov enter "immigrant" and the case number. Calling is only really peace of mind. I created a nice "primer" on the first page

first post that goes over the details. I recommend that you visit it and if you still have questions return and we will see if we can answer them for you. :thumbs: I'm not pushing you off, just that I get tired of repeating so that is why I created the "primer". :D

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

july

7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Is your file still with USCIS? Do you have a case number assigned yet? There are not many in july left to process. It's unusual that someone from Taiwan would be this delayed. Call USCIS. Google for customer service USCIS.

Hi so what do you mean by not many in July left to process?

3 minutes ago, Gravin said:

Hi so what do you mean by not many in July left to process?

The bars indicate the percentage of petitions filed during a given month that have been approved. High percentages mean that the USCIS has processed most petitions originally filed during that month while a low percentage indicates few to none have been processed.  As you can see July approvals are creeping up to most have been assigned a NOA2. There are some remaining for any number of reasons. I hope this helps. This comes from Igor's list found on the "immigration timeline" tab on the top blue ribbon. Click on it and explore.

2019-01-23_16-01-32.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The bars indicate the percentage of petitions filed during a given month that have been approved. High percentages mean that the USCIS has processed most petitions originally filed during that month while a low percentage indicates few to none have been processed.  As you can see July approvals are creeping up to most have been assigned a NOA2. There are some remaining for any number of reasons. I hope this helps. This comes from Igor's list found on the "immigration timeline" tab on the top blue ribbon. Click on it and explore.

2019-01-23_16-01-32.jpg

This is helpful to know. I can only hope that means not much longer now. But a question in my case.

When we received the NOA1 they had misspelt my surname. At first they were quick on the phone to blame us but on investigation it was a typo on their end. On one place correct, another wrong. The gentleman my partner spoke to said this would not effect processing time but it took a month for them to show updates of this on the website. 24th August they said our request to change name was assigned and 30th August it was processed. Does this mean basically I am now really in August flier time scaler as I feel this has held us back?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, helen83 said:

This is helpful to know. I can only hope that means not much longer now. But a question in my case.

When we received the NOA1 they had misspelt my surname. At first they were quick on the phone to blame us but on investigation it was a typo on their end. On one place correct, another wrong. The gentleman my partner spoke to said this would not effect processing time but it took a month for them to show updates of this on the website. 24th August they said our request to change name was assigned and 30th August it was processed. Does this mean basically I am now really in August flier time scaler as I feel this has held us back?

Nobody here will be able to answer for sure about the inner working of USCIS. I heard people say attempt to expedite would leave to delay if not successful but it doesn't appear to be the case in my case. I highly doubt that name correction is the cause of the delay. Most of the time it is background checks. Having super common name might be a hindrance in that case. Also do not count on website to be accurate, many many many people get "silent approvals" a letter just shows up in the mailbox. Get USPS informed delivery if you haven't yet. Unfortunately there is a small number of cases that seem to just get stuck in limbo with no explanation as to why, all we can do is hope and wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

Nobody here will be able to answer for sure about the inner working of USCIS. I heard people say attempt to expedite would leave to delay if not successful but it doesn't appear to be the case in my case. I highly doubt that name correction is the cause of the delay. Most of the time it is background checks. Having super common name might be a hindrance in that case. Also do not count on website to be accurate, many many many people get "silent approvals" a letter just shows up in the mailbox. Get USPS informed delivery if you haven't yet. Unfortunately there is a small number of cases that seem to just get stuck in limbo with no explanation as to why, all we can do is hope and wait.

Thank you..I’m just getting really anxious which has only kicked in last few days. My patience was holding out until then lol I shall try to regain some!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 1:40 AM, Angie Pawinee said:

NOA1, July 23/26 

still waiting, 180 days already. it's frustrating...

It's likely gonna get RFE

I saw some August filers, same service center got approved already.

I'm July 13th and still waiting NOA2. 

194 days. Hopefully we hear something soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Because you will receive a NOA2 in the mail from USCIS and then you'll call NVC to get your case number. If your case is not at NVC you could be a few days early.

I didn't receive a NOA2 yet. still waiting = = 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jedi JayR said:

My fiance called them after new year holiday but they couldn't give us any information. They said if it's not over 7 months then it's still normal and nothing wrong with it. Then I saw some cases updated on the group about USA visa in my country, their cases get approved already and they're Aug filers (I saw lately get approves- NOA1 Aug 24 and NOA2 Jan 19). So I told him to call USCIS again but couldn't reach to human, we hear nothing from them still..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Xyooj509 said:

I'm July 13th and still waiting NOA2. 

194 days. Hopefully we hear something soon. 

Just so you know: we waited 207 days before we were approved (no additional requests for evidence).  Sometimes, it just works that way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.