Lori & Tarik

K1 visa denied in Casablanca

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lori & Tarik said:

My fiancé was denied his visa today at the interview.. 

We are both so heartbroken.. 

When will I get a formal response with a reason?

Should I spend money on appeal?

How long will that process take?

or just do a marriage visa?

I can’t even think right now, just didn’t know where else to go for help/Support :(

There are no appeals for K1s. Go get married and file CR1. There are quite a few people on this forum who can guide you about Casablanca. It’s a tough embassy and they’re extremely hard on K1s. Search for Casablanca on this forum and find out what others did.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

There are no appeals for K1s. Go get married and file CR1. There are quite a few people on this forum who can guide you about Casablanca. It’s a tough embassy and they’re extremely hard on K1s. Search for Casablanca on this forum and find out what others did.

5F0F0BFC-1247-4026-B315-9A2051646BC9.jpeg

11 hours ago, Lori & Tarik said:

He said he was the the last person called and the man the interviewed him was pretty young and definitely got a vibe that he didn’t like him :( 

But said he answered everything correct, I’m sure I will find out more. When we can both can talk more.

I’ve visited 3 times in the last year for a total of over 30days and we had lots of photos, messages.

We are close in age, no divorces, kids, criminal records. 

Didn't see this coming at all 😭💔

I think theirs more to the story than what you said , been aproved or denied is not about time spent together , I got aprouved in the embassy of algeria , with 1 visit for few days ( not even a week)

one more thing , they tend to aprouve or denie some one before the interview

Edited by Abdeslam

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abdeslam said:

I think theirs more to the story than what you said , been aproved or denied is not about time spent together , I got aprouved in the embassy of algeria , with 1 visit for few days ( not even a week)

one more thing , they tend to aprouve or denie some one before the interview

That's not true. Casablanca is a tough embassy. Many here have stated that face time is very important in Morocco. K1 visas are just harder to obtain there which is why many are advising OP to get married then apply for CR1. Your experience does not speak to others experiences, especially when talking about a different country/embassy. 

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline

Its best to get married than file I-130 after getting denied the k1..me and my husband met  in 2013 filed the I-129 in 2016 got denied was told to get married or file I-129 again so we had our big wedding in Morocco in 2017 and filed I-130 so refiling the I-129 is not a good idea for Morocco unless you are going to physically live together in Morocco for more than 3 months to a year then file the I-129 but even then they may deny so make the choice that is best for you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Lori & Tarik said:

My fiancé was denied his visa today at the interview.. 

We are both so heartbroken.. 

When will I get a formal response with a reason?

Should I spend money on appeal?

How long will that process take?

or just do a marriage visa?

I can’t even think right now, just didn’t know where else to go for help/Support :(

did they tell you the reason of denial. how was the interview? were you guys missing any proof.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you decide to get married and do a CR1 visa you best be planning a lot more face to face visits. 30 days is nothing and add in a few more for the wedding and you will most likely be denied again. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quality face time is key.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I would do the CR1 visa. That would be the next step.

It sucks that you have to wait another 5-7 for that CR1 visa to be processed but nothing worth having comes easy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Teemo said:

Based on the details given, IMO the most likely reason he was denied was not based on your relationship, but because they suspect he might be using you to get the green card - ie pretend he is in love and scam you into petitioning for him. I am sure that is very insulting to you. Nevertheless, in  acountry like Morocco where this is somewhat common they have certain things that they look for and ask in this type of scenario ("why are you marrying someone who doesn't understand your culture") and your fiance probably failed at least one of these questions.  

Nicole & Azan probably did Morocco no favors either. 

I am such a connoisseur of that TLC show!! I feel as if that couple on the show definitely dropped the ball at the interview stage. Possibly the lack of jobs as well came into play, but Azan never looked like he was truly in love with her. I feel like body language and getting a feel for person can come fairly easy to a CO. Of course, the anticipated nervousness is expected, but genuine love is easy to detect. Not that it relates to this VJ petitioner, but for the show comment! 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Rocko20 said:

I would do the CR1 visa. That would be the next step.

It sucks that you have to wait another 5-7 for that CR1 visa to be processed but nothing worth having comes easy 

5-7 what?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.