TBoneTX

May 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

632 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

We got approved today! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 it is easy and smooth interview! And since my fiance is with me during the interview I think it helped me a lot! Especially with my nervousness. Only 3 questions asked by the consulate officer. How did you meet?  When did you meet in person for the first time? And when is our wedding date?. Less than 2 minutes! So happy now! Expecting to receive our visa on hand next week and we will be able to fly back together on March 18!

Congratulations!!!!  :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, TeeSam said:

@Maria1989 WOW 1 month from NOA2 to finish line is great! Raises my hopes. I've been waiting so long I have to reread the whole process again after NOA2 smh What's crazy is the app still says received, the website still says received and when I called to speak to an officer he said my case is still pending. I received the hardcopy NOA2 last Saturday. @Trina80 I find myself checking in periodically to check up on you. I feel like we started this together and I pray we can all finish together.

Yes I got an email and text on Feb. 9 that my case was approved on Feb. 8. Went to the NVC maybe a week and had a case number, checked CEAC and it said In Transit for a few days and then Ready for Interview. Emailed the Embassy the same day and got an automated response that if you question is answered in this email or on the website you won’t recieve a response. It listed K-1 instructions. Did the DS-160, paid at the bank and two days later logged in and it said schedule appointment, payment posted. Did that and printed out Confirmation Page with more Instructions. As soon as we had the NVC Case Number and DS-160 confirmation page he started the medical the next day and 3 appointments and a lot of back and forth. Go to doctor, referral to XRay, back to doctor with X-ray, then referral to lab for blood and urine, then a couple days later, results ready pick up from lab and back to doctor, pay for any needed immunizations and wait about 1 and a half hour and he give you an envelope taped and stamped over the opening about $220 total. Interview in a few days and we ready, I’m going with him... Finger crossed and hopefully we get a great Consular Officer and get that Approved Stamp !!!  Prayers 🙏🏼

I had to re-read and go over everything all over again too. We waited so long his police clearance and passport was close to expiring so we had to get new ones....... smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, TeeSam said:

@Maria1989 WOW 1 month from NOA2 to finish line is great! Raises my hopes. I've been waiting so long I have to reread the whole process again after NOA2 smh What's crazy is the app still says received, the website still says received and when I called to speak to an officer he said my case is still pending. I received the hardcopy NOA2 last Saturday. @Trina80 I find myself checking in periodically to check up on you. I feel like we started this together and I pray we can all finish together.

Don't rely on the website, my application still says RFE from October lol-- when I called USCIS to ask them to update the website after approval, the representative said (and I quote) "our website has functioned well in a while, I wouldn't trust the website or worry about it. If you got the approval in the mail then you're all set."

Timeline
Just now, Fariha&Safwan said:

Visa in hand! POE March 15th! 

@Trinab80 I literally only come back here now to check on your updates . We're both Still praying for you! <3 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 hours ago, watahana87 said:

Hi everyone!! (I have been adopted by the May filers because of the other Japan filers in here) Good news!!

We've been approved! :D 

What happened to us:

- 2/26 Interview: (Fiance forgot his birth certificate so we got a 221-g Denial at interview)

- 3/1 Paperwork received by embassy and CEAC case status updated to AP

- 3/2 Case changed to NONIMMIGRANT VISA. Case created date changed to 3/2. Status is "Application Received"

- 3/6 Case status updated to Administrative Processing, again (this confused me so much!)

- 3/7 Case updated to issued!!!! <3

- 3/8 Passport tracker updated to Passport sent to delivery. 

Hopefully it'll be sent out for delivery this Friday and get here early next week! We're still holding out for a 3/16 PoE, but it all depends on when we get the visa in hand. 

Thank you guys, and especially @Naes, @Minori, @AK&JOfor being there and being supportive! :D

Great news, @watahana87!!

I am so happy 3/8 (yesterday) was our wedding day too:)

Timeline
56 minutes ago, AK&JO said:

Hi My VJ friends,

May K1- filer here, finally we got married in San Francisco City Hall yesterday. Could not finish our K-1 process without you...Big thanks to all of you!!

Gonna be busy getting working visa, international traveling visa and green card as the next steps...non stop:)

Wish you always the best!

VJ用.JPG

13 minutes ago, Irishdoherty said:

Just received my NOA2 in the mail. Very happy now. It only took 277 days to get lol 😂. Life is getting better. 

Congratulations....I told you would get it soon!!! 

Good luck on the rest of your journey 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.