TBoneTX

May 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

632 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

Visa approved. NOA2 Feb 8, Interview Approved 3/14. NVC smooth, medical smooth, scheduling quick, interview at Embassy smooth. Thank God 

Wow, great, congratulations!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bonnie_Clyde said:

Congratulations! Were they all K1 applicants?

There were spousal visa and tourist that I know for sure. This lady was looking for things to deny folks she asked for me to joint sponsor. Eventhough my last w-2 showed over 25k over the guidelines and I showed my house that took a hit in the housing crash and is only worth 120k all paid for and I been here since late January, and my return ticket next month so she that’s almost 4 months so I need a joint sponsor eventhough I had a letter from my employer said my position is availablw for me as soon as I’m ready to return. But at least we got an approval and he got the Domestic Ciolence pamphlet and instructions on returning the Joint Sponsor form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
1 minute ago, Maria1989 said:

There were spousal visa and tourist that I know for sure. This lady was looking for things to deny folks she asked for me to joint sponsor. Eventhough my last w-2 showed over 25k over the guidelines and I showed my house that took a hit in the housing crash and is only worth 120k all paid for and I been here since late January, and my return ticket next month so she that’s almost 4 months so I need a joint sponsor eventhough I had a letter from my employer said my position is availablw for me as soon as I’m ready to return. But at least we got an approval and he got the Domestic Ciolence pamphlet and instructions on returning the Joint Sponsor form.

Wow that's crazy! Well thank God you guys got approved. Good luck on the rest of your journey :) 

8 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

She was being extra for no reason. Who cares you been there for 4 months. Obviously that would mean you can afford to be there that long AND have a house that's paid in full AND are way over the poverty guidelines.  

I see now I'm gonna have to watch my attitude, my facial expressions and and sarcastic mouth when we go to his interview. After the way we're being treated right now, they should just ask one question which is when are you two planning on flying back or how fast you want his visa and brown envelope!! 

She had a lot of nerve!!! 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

She was being extra for no reason. Who cares you been there for 4 months. Obviously that would mean you can afford to be there that long AND have a house that's paid in full AND are way over the poverty guidelines.  

I see now I'm gonna have to watch my attitude, my facial expressions and and sarcastic mouth when we go to his interview. After the way we're being treated right now, they should just ask one question which is when are you two planning on flying back or how fast you want his visa and brown envelope!! 

She had a lot of nerve!!! 

Yes I’m like ok..... saying a letter from my job I been st for years isn’t good enough things could change. She sent it to me Friday. I sent 4 years of IRS transcripts, shows a history of my salary, I think my child support was in there and my mortgage statement showing zero balance and a stamped Affidavit of Prinvipal Residence time stamped from City Hall. But he said only two people got approved 

1 minute ago, Maria1989 said:

Yes I’m like ok..... saying a letter from my job I been st for years isn’t good enough things could change. She sent it to me Friday. I sent 4 years of IRS transcripts, shows a history of my salary, I think my child support was in there and my mortgage statement showing zero balance and a stamped Affidavit of Prinvipal Residence time stamped from City Hall. But he said only two people got approved 

Well I'm glad you covered yourself and got approved. Good luck to you both on living your happily ever after!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Melodica256 said:

Visa in hand and ready to fly out tomorrow!
One question about customs forms... do I just need to fill out the customs declaration they give me on the plane, or additional paperwork in advance?

Just what they give you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/12/2018 at 10:41 PM, Hey Jude said:

Been a while since I have been here, Hope everyone is doing fine. So we had our medical date and interview date set. First it was the medical and that's where things did not go well. My fiancee went to St. lukes on March 1st, after all the testing she was told that there was an abnormality  on her chest xray, but did not see TB so they told her to come back for 3 days and give a mucus sample each day, tomorrow will be her 3rd day. after talking with her, she explains to me that there are between 300 - 400 visa applicants with the same problem. Can this be possible?  How can 300 people have chest abnormalities? I know St Lukes is the only place to get the medical as per the US embassy rules, but I am starting to think there is something not right, since they would not show her the xray results. They said it is not their practice to show xrays, which I find hard to believe since we paid for the medical exam and have every right to see them. Now we have to wait for the results of the mucus samples, and she was told even if the results are negative she still has to take anti biotics for 2 months be fore being cleared medically.  Why would you have to take  medication if the results are negative, something seems corrupt to me. And worst case, if the results are positive  she has to take anti biotics for 6 months and then take the whole medical exam again and pay the fee again. Has anyone else in my VJ family  had this issue  if so please give your advice. Thanks!

We were worried too so just a week before had her do x-ray.  Soon as came back clear we sent her.  Many people have complained about them there.  It's really just rolling the dice with them.  It is crazy that they make them take antibiotics for 2 months, I thought that was dumb.  I did read if TB is present but latent, treatment can be done in US.  If it's active must be done there.  I do think US needs to approve other medical places, just one is too restrictive and should allow a second look,not to mention many have to fly to Manila.  I hope everything is clear!!!  All May filers need to be finished!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

We were worried too so just a week before had her do x-ray.  Soon as came back clear we sent her.  Many people have complained about them there.  It's really just rolling the dice with them.  It is crazy that they make them take antibiotics for 2 months, I thought that was dumb.  I did read if TB is present but latent, treatment can be done in US.  If it's active must be done there.  I do think US needs to approve other medical places, just one is too restrictive and should allow a second look,not to mention many have to fly to Manila.  I hope everything is clear!!!  All May filers need to be finished!

Thanks for sharing, she goes back tomorrow to learn the results. Praying all goes well!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Sorry been gone so long......my fiance passed everything and she returned with me this past Sunday night!!!  POE was nothing other than come back before 90 days to airport board patrol with marriage license!  So glad she's here!  Now the next parts look confusing, lol.  No clue where to begin...any links?

Congrats, finally!

Timeline
2 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Sorry been gone so long......my fiance passed everything and she returned with me this past Sunday night!!!  POE was nothing other than come back before 90 days to airport board patrol with marriage license!  So glad she's here!  Now the next parts look confusing, lol.  No clue where to begin...any links?

Congrats - print out the I-94 and go get the SSN

Timeline
16 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Probably helped that you were there with him. His country is on the very high risk list so the denial rate is higher than most. 

Exactly. She asked a couple questions twice. She told him she doesn’t need any chat or call logs since I been here so long and he had me and the kids passports with him, new pics and Airbnb rental receipts which are good because they list names and dates. She did ask how we met....where I worked, what was my position. She asked the kids names and ages, she asked questions you should know about a person you plan to marry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.