cornel.orlat

Wanting to go back after K1 visa marriage, I don't want to live in US

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I would say like others to give it time after getting your AOS.  You can always leave that later, but if you get home and regret leaving, you can't come back.  Having lived away from home more than once, I can tell you that around four months is the worst time, but you do feel better later.  But being able to live with employment, and other things will help a lot. 

Personally, I would give it some time. I've been very miserable and homesick since I moved here, to the point where my husband suggested that maybe I should move back (moving back together isn't an option because of his daughter here). He wants me here, but he mostly wants me to be happy.

I've slowly started to feel more at home here, and now that I found an amazing job here, I feel much better.

Of course, if the relationship isn't working out, that's a different story. So you need to figure out exactly what it is that's bothering you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I belive it comes to the support you need to have. It takes a lot to overcome the homesickness, finding friends and family as a support. It’s not also fair for the girl who went through to get through the process. You need to work this out, also communicate with her. Also both of you need to do some major sacrifice to do. Wish you luck and it’s not easy but it can be done 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You sound homesick. Visit your home country several times a year with your wife. Also, maybe move to a new region of America ? The cultures change. For example, the south is different from the west coast.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know it's not easy to move to a whole different country and you should've prepared yourself for that before diving yourself to marrying your spouse and flaking out when you realize it's too difficult and adjust here. 

I, too, had to go through that for almost a year. I had to endure crying days while my husband is at work everyday. I also told my husband that I wanted to go home and I have nothing to do here. But, as K1 visa holders, we married our loved ones to live with them here, right? It's not only about ourselves, it's about us building our lives together with our spouses. So, if your priority right now is to go home coz you're homesick, depress, etc, by all means, go. You're not ready to be an adult and face "uncharted" territory with your spouse. Heck, I was a princess back in our country and had maids, employees, and drivers to my bidding and when I moved here, it was a nightmare for me. But, I didn't let that empower me. My priorities were I had to assimilate as soon as I can and get my head out in this new world that I'm living in. You don't have special circumstance here. Be a man or go home. 

Current timeline:

July 2019 - filed I-751

August 2020 - filed N400

Sept. 2020 - i-751 status "Case Was Transferred to a New Office". Transferred to NBC.

April 12, 2021 - N400 interview in LA passed (with a pending i-751)

May 20, 2021 - I-751 status changed to Approved and N400 status changed to Oath Will Be Scheduled. 🤩

May 21, 2021 - received a call and email from USCIS Los Angeles with my NOA with my oath schedule.

May 28, 2021 - oath taking schedule in USCIS DTLA office. 😍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Have you guys thought about moving to a third country, somewhere you can both be happy? Why don’t you guys sit down and talk through what you both want out of life, a pro and con list of countries that fit the bill and is available for you both to move to. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for love.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, cornel.orlat said:

I got here on a k1 visa and got married to the person I love but I realised I simply cannot live here and abandon my country. I feel depressed, wake up at night and I just want to go back. My wife doesn't understand, she says I don't love her, we had this discussion even before marriage and I still tried to make it work. At the moment she doesn't know that I truly don't want to stay but how do I go on about this? She doesn't want to move to my country and if we file for divorce  I saw it takes more than 3 months to even have the case looked at. I can't live here in shame and guilt with her until it gets taken care of.

She rented an apartment just so that we can live in it together because I didn't want to live at her parents place. She'll give me guilt that she did this just for me and now I'm gonna abandon her, I gave her all my money when I came here and I don't want any of them back, I just want to go home and continue to have a normal life there. 

We haven't filed for AOS yet but she'll soon want to do that, I will tell her just before that, but what is my best option at the moment?

Can't you have a dual citizenship? 

16 hours ago, cornel.orlat said:

I got here on a k1 visa and got married to the person I love but I realised I simply cannot live here and abandon my country. I feel depressed, wake up at night and I just want to go back. My wife doesn't understand, she says I don't love her, we had this discussion even before marriage and I still tried to make it work. At the moment she doesn't know that I truly don't want to stay but how do I go on about this? She doesn't want to move to my country and if we file for divorce  I saw it takes more than 3 months to even have the case looked at. I can't live here in shame and guilt with her until it gets taken care of.

She rented an apartment just so that we can live in it together because I didn't want to live at her parents place. She'll give me guilt that she did this just for me and now I'm gonna abandon her, I gave her all my money when I came here and I don't want any of them back, I just want to go home and continue to have a normal life there. 

We haven't filed for AOS yet but she'll soon want to do that, I will tell her just before that, but what is my best option at the moment?

Everyone has already said what needs to say. I have been living here for 12 years now and i still feel homesick time to time. Whenever i feel like that i get busy and do something that i like and things get better from there. If you think that your relationship is worth to save, i will say give it at least 6 months to 1 year (before thinking about divorce) and get a job or get involve into something that you like and you will be feel less homesick day by day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, Cheschirecat said:

Can't you have a dual citizenship? 

Not sure where the OP is from but unfortunately not every country offers the ability to have a dual citizenship 😕

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

It's not that simple as everyone makes it out to be. I wake up at 5am with my hands burning up realizing I can't go back home. I left my mother home alone thinking that my brother would be there to help her but he doesn't visit her. It hit me right here that I abandoned the person who gave birth to me when she needs me the most, she's old now, I don't know how much she has, I already lost my father and wish I had him more. It's not just my mother, the life I had there too, I had everything I needed, living here is like life on hard mode abd I can't see why I would want to strugle for the rest of my life, I didn't think it all through and that's on me. I've been trying to come to terms since the day I got here... It would've been better to come and visit before making the move but I didn't thinking I'd save more money. But all this has happened now, messages saying I should've done this and that aren't going to change anything. I'm realizing that this place just isn't for me, it isn't for everyone and I'm one of them.

Now, what will happen if I go back? I'm sure I'm not the first one.. Like I said, staying here for a few months going through divorce is gonna ruin me mentally, going back home I won't have the resources to have a 'war'. Has there been anyone with a similar story? I'm from Romania.

Do you know what homesickness is? Have you ever lived away from your family before?

There is no war in a marriage as short as yours.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, cornel.orlat said:

It's not that simple as everyone makes it out to be. I wake up at 5am with my hands burning up realizing I can't go back home. I left my mother home alone thinking that my brother would be there to help her but he doesn't visit her. It hit me right here that I abandoned the person who gave birth to me when she needs me the most, she's old now, I don't know how much she has, I already lost my father and wish I had him more. It's not just my mother, the life I had there too, I had everything I needed, living here is like life on hard mode abd I can't see why I would want to strugle for the rest of my life, I didn't think it all through and that's on me. I've been trying to come to terms since the day I got here... It would've been better to come and visit before making the move but I didn't thinking I'd save more money. But all this has happened now, messages saying I should've done this and that aren't going to change anything. I'm realizing that this place just isn't for me, it isn't for everyone and I'm one of them.

Now, what will happen if I go back? I'm sure I'm not the first one.. Like I said, staying here for a few months going through divorce is gonna ruin me mentally, going back home I won't have the resources to have a 'war'. Has there been anyone with a similar story? I'm from Romania.

You will not find the answers and peace you need here on an internet site.  The answers and peace you seek will only come from within yourself.  Good Luck in your decision.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Divorce and go home. You can do a divorce from there ..just pack up and leave you are right this country isn't for everyone lol 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, cornel.orlat said:

I can definitely understand where you are coming from and sorry for your dilemma. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.