alfa700

ages issues

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mimolicious said:

This is not true. It may be so for Morocco, but not for other countries. I'm 21 years older than my husband and we didn't have any problems whatsoever, from start to finish.

Ok it may not be for other countries but OP is from Morocco, as my fiance is. Our age gap isn't that high but we we're not approved. Neither were prob a dozen other couples I know of with closer age gaps,  all from Morocco. 

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Has she considered being the one to move, would seem a better and quicker option.

Yes, this would be much quicker.  But I'm guessing this option does not interest the OP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We do not know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, JFH said:

Yep, I call that the "true love test". The American should announce to the foreigner that he/she intends to move to their country instead of battling US immigration so that they can be together and see what reaction this gets. 

But you really have to sell it, as scammers know that USC's use this to test them.  By "really gotta sell it", I mean you gotta pretend to buy tickets, put your house up for sale, quit your job, have firm move dates, then as it gets closer, the scammer will start to believe it and make excuses why it's not a good idea.  It would take a lot of effort but for me it would be worth it.  My wife wanted/begged me to move to her country as she didn't want to be far from her parents and sister.  I did consider it, but after looking into possible job prospects, I would have to take a 50% hit on my salary best case.  We were in limbo for a few weeks as she was thinking about calling it off due to her not wanting to leave her family. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, mimolicious said:

This is not true. It may be so for Morocco, but not for other countries. I'm 21 years older than my husband and we didn't have any problems whatsoever, from start to finish.

you did not interview and go thru the Casa embassy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All your proofs are small potatoes really. Rings, a week of time together, and photos galore in one of the hardest embassies around wont do much.

The answers to hard questions are going to make the weight of your approval or denial, that is my opinion. Is your wife also Muslim? If she is not, how does your family feel about this? How do you, her as well as your family feel about her maybe not being able to give you children? Do you two share a common language, French maybe? If she has children already how does your family feel about this? Why her and not someone from Morocco? Why not an older Moroccan woman? Did you have a formal engagement party? Did you have ANY engagement party to announce things rather than just telling people? 

Just to name a few to keep in mind.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

You have to keep in mind, that either of you has to move. if it wasn't you, it will be your fiance. and the most important thing is being in person together for awhile.

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, bartaroumw said:

is there a chance to make it ?

You are asking if that will work.. I suggest you just do it, and if you get denied you just move to Morroco marry and then apply for spouse visa if you  guys want to move to USA. 

The gap is huge but it is fine , just try it, becasue if it is a true love, God will help u .  This my point of view

Good  luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
5 hours ago, bartaroumw said:

is there a chance to make it ?

There is an example here of a couple with your same circumstances and they had WAY more visits and time together than you guys and look how much it took them even though they went through the cr1 route (marriage). Is not about being pessimist but realistic. I think you should push the process at least for a year or more so you can spend more time together  (I honestly think you have pretty much zero chances of being approved with just 1 week of spending time together, being part of visajourney for the past 6 years and I've seen way too many cases of north african/african younger man and older white american women). Think about her going for a couple of months to live with you, maybe get married or definitely moving with you.

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

On 9/13/2017 at 3:22 PM, JFH said:

Yep, I call that the "true love test". The American should announce to the foreigner that he/she intends to move to their country instead of battling US immigration so that they can be together and see what reaction this gets. 

I believe you're right. and that's what happened to my wife and I. When the NOA2 took too long we decided that we were going to live in Jordan instead of the U.S and wait for the NOA2 in Jordan. but surprisingly we got our NOA2 after we made our decision in a week.

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.