Faycel

Religious Weaver for K1 visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

me and my Fiance wants to apply for K1 Visa, but we didnt met in person, and we want to use religious weaver, but we dont know how to make one, or which one of us has to make the letter, and si it working or not.

can any one tell me how it can be done please

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought Morocco was predominately Muslim? What religion is he?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Two Year Meeting Requirement Waiver and Exception

More importantly, the couple must show with substantial and convincing evidence that they have a true and honest relationship and not merely a relationship designed to evade immigration law and obtain immigration benefits. Additionally, the K1 couple must demonstrate that they have meet within the two years immediately prior to the filing of the K1 visa application.

The two year meeting requirement is rigidly enforced and many K1 visa applications are denied or placed in 221(g) administrative processing because of the requirement. Keep in mind that it does not matter whether you meet after the K1 application was filed, what matters to the USCIS is that the couple met during the two year period immediately before the filing date. Other couples have failed because they had known each other for years and didnt think it was necessary for them to meet during the two year period.

Additionally, not only does a couple have to meet during the two year period, they have to provide evidence that they have met. A couple cannot merely claim that they have met, they must show that they have traveled together, celebrated a birthday or holiday, and have documentary evidence of such a meeting. Couples are routinely denied a K1 visa because they fail to demonstrate that the meeting actually took place. Claims are not enough for the USCIS, it is necessary to demonstrate with documents and proof that a K1 couple has met during the two year period.

The meeting requirement is strictly enforced and a couple applying for the K1 visa should not take for granted the need for physical proof that they have met during the required time. Unfortunately, receiving a waiver or bypass on the requirement is a difficult task because exceptions are rarely made. For cases where it might be possible tend to be for cases where it would be physically impossible for the U.S. citizen to meet the fiance due to severe physical disability due to their medical condition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Islam (I assuming that's your fiance's religion) does not prohibit you meeting him. You two are just not supposed to meet alone. As long as others are present, it's perfectly OK for you two to meet. Which is why your religious waiver for not meeting would not be approved.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

I have been here for a decade and only remember one religious waiver being granted, As stated your long held religion must prohibit all meeting before marriage , not that you can't be alone before marriage. A lot of couples find real life meeting a pain in the backside and think they will get by on a waiver but there are good reasons that they enforce meeting each other. Many an online fantasy are dashed when face to face occurs.

This 100%. Even if you know what the person looks like, you've talked on Skype, etc. There's still a physical attraction that you need. You can mentally/emotionally love someone and talk to them on skype everyday, but if you meet and have no spark, it could leave both parties devastated. You won't ever find out if that spark is there without meeting face to face in the same place at the same time. Things like video chat show you who you're talking too, but they remove human interaction to an extent, while you could love the face you're talking too, you may not actually love the person you can touch.

This does happen to people, it's happened to myself when I thought I had feelings for someone, meeting them and bam there was no connection. Going from talking to them on the phone texting to them on the way to meet them, and seeing them in person, exactly the same person that I had seen on the computer, and nothing. While everyone wants to say they aren't shallow or that they could love everyone for who they are, It happens to a lot of people, and if we could truly love everyone then the world would be a much stranger place!

One of the reasons I was so relieved when my husband and I had a connection when we met in person LOL. Had a connection for 3 years online, when I saw him and it was there, kind of like a oh thank god moment.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

How can you know tou wanna marry someone you haven't met?

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have been here for a decade and only remember one religious waiver being granted,

Same, and if I remember correctly, they were some obscure African sect.

Op- as others have said, it is practically impossible to get that waiver. You would need proof in several forms; well known religious leaders of your religions, historic proof in books, as well as current documentation via articles or academic papers stating that ANY meeting is not allowed. Not just "no touching" or "not being alone".

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband is Muslim and there is NO religious restriction to meeting before you're married other than a woman(if she's Muslim) needing a male chaperone. None. Stop grasping at straws and meet in person or be denied.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP has not mentioned the religion that is involved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I Belive we Have yet another drive by post....:rolleyes:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

im assuming the OP is Muslim because I myself am unaware of any other religion that puts these kinds of restrictions on meeting up etc.

However like mimolicous said it is not prohibited to meet- you can meet but perhaps need a male chaperone or a group of people there while you meet, you may not be alone before marriage or have sexual relations before marriage.

Like other PP have stated- it will most likely get denied because many Muslims have met even if they haven't been allowed to be alone or stay together. It will most likely be denied and show red flags.

Meet each other and take pictures with groups of people if you cannot take them alone. There is always a way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.