kmg617

New reality show about K1 visa (merged)

323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Watching the show and its great and I am enjoying this. Really shows that they are nice girls normal girls being brought to a cold, judgemental culture. They have no idea the prejudism they are going to experience. Too bad they are not showing the trauma the government puts people through just to get them their visa's. Embarassing to see how their family treats them and how unprepared these guys are.

June 8 they revieved it

June 18 '07 check cashed got WAC#

No NOA1, touches, or progress given

NOA2 approved Oct 17

NOA2 card copy in mail Oct 20 (Surprise to us)

Package sent from USCIS to NVC Nov 7. (called USCIS to get this)

Nov 15, I got email at 6:57pm that our package was sent to Rio from NVC.

DON"T WAIT FOR THEM TO SEND ANYTHING, CALL AND MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT.

IF THEY DO, GO AHEAD AND SEND IN ds230,ds2001, the pics, and copy of passport

USE SEDEX AND GET THE TRACKING NUMBER.

Interview Set: Jan 29. Found this out on the embassy website under VISA's. It shows a list of visa types including K1 and shows the interview dates.

Visa granted but they mailed it using their own package delivery service. Took a week. Have money when you go to the appointment. They may also make you go and get more photos taken if they dont like the pics you bring. Just relax and dress wark because they keep the place really cold. Make sure your financials mmet the criteria or they will eat you alive.

MARRIED March 22. Sent in $1,010 in fees to Chicago to get change of status, apply for advanced parole, and ability to work documentation. Things work faster now.

May 22'08: Biometrics appointment in Santa Barbara.

See Adriana's fashion designs at Myspace.com/byAdri

Filed: Timeline

I really don't like reality tv. I watched it only because we are going through the K1 process. I agree with the previous poster that they selected the most train wreck prone couples to air.

Not trying to be overly judgmental but the guy in Oklahoma is a joke. He is living with his parents and his soon to be wife is sleeping in separate bed/room. His family does not seem very accepting of his fiance and he is setting their relationship up for failure by having all of them live together. In my opinion if you can't live on your own and support yourself how are you going to support a wife and future family.

Of course if they had 4 or 5 couples that had a successful transition to marriage and no major issues it wouldn't make for "entertaining" reality television.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

of course not ! repeat for emphasis - these couples were chosen for the train-wreck-ability factor, nothing else.

makes great TV for a reality tv show.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Another thread merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

It would be interesting if the couples on the show that are VJ members would start a thread or comment on how accurate the depiction of the show was on their K1 and their relationship and if they regret signing on for the show. I guarantee many scenes that will be on the show will be staged by the producers and may not be an accurate reflection of what "would" have occurred if the producers were not there. For instance, the they could have put a bug in the ears of the families that they need to be wary that the fiance could be using them for a green card because of x,y,z..,etc. Thus causing more drama than what would have actually occurred.

I would be highly embarrased for anyone here at vj that made it on to the show,

as I like to think the couples that make the time to read all (and I do mean all) here at vj

have little to no train-wreck factors atfer arrival in the USA.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I wish they would have focused at least SOME on the process these couples had to get to get to this point... It makes the visa seem like a "girlfriend/boyfriend get to know you" visa ...

And as fas as train wreck ability, for TV I do have to at least commend them for not selecting the obvious train wreck potential sterotypical 60 yr old man with beautiful 23 yr old Asian, 40somethng lady with 25 yr old MENA guy and the RUB girl is not the "stereotypical" one that most picture... They all seem at least somewhat average...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I would be highly embarrased for anyone here at vj that made it on to the show,

as I like to think the couples that make the time to read all (and I do mean all) here at vj

have little to no train-wreck factors atfer arrival in the USA.

C'mon, that would make reading the regional forums No fun at all! I am sure we've read some toxic train wrecks that would even make TLC'S viewers say "no way that's real"!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

hey- why you wanna burst my bubble ? wink.png

I guess TLC that airing in Asia is different. I switched on TLC and did not have that instead they were playing Cupcake's War show. I chose stay tuned on Fox Movie Premium with Golden Globe Awards live show.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Out of curiosity I watched the show tonight.

It is obvious the producers embellish certain details, and leave out others, in order to make the show more 'dramatic'. It looks like the producers of this show were browsing this website last year and approached at least one couple on VJ about it -- the Mormon couple living in L.A.

I hope the show shows a more emotional side -- the true turmoil that these people go through. Obviously they are focusing on the post-move story, so a lot of the story before the move won't even be able to be told (the waiting, the interview, etc).

I have to say, I don't see Mike & Aziza making it - heck, he booked her a round trip plane ticket in case things don't work out in the 90 days!

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I did not watch the show itself since i am from bulgaria and we dont have the tlc but i watched the short clips introducing the couples. 1 all the foreign fiances are females and 2 they look like dumb barby dolls. I hope this show wont hurt any of us that are going through the process now :(

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ya, couples were chosen based on train-wreck-ability factor.

good.gif Makes for dramatic TV/ good ratings. And yes, I'll probably watch at least another episode, but I can;t see me watching a whole series of this.

I am a bit surprised they all go on about 90 days not being enough. Is it short? Sure. But they all knew about it, and they were supposed to be ready to marry BEFORE they go for the visa.

Anyone else notice most of the (all female!) fiancees are way shorter than their US male partners?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

good.gif Makes for dramatic TV/ good ratings. And yes, I'll probably watch at least another episode, but I can;t see me watching a whole series of this.

I am a bit surprised they all go on about 90 days not being enough. Is it short? Sure. But they all knew about it, and they were supposed to be ready to marry BEFORE they go for the visa.

Anyone else notice most of the (all female!) fiancees are way shorter than their US male partners?

Exactly what my husband said, it wasn't like they didn't know they only had 90 days. This show is produced by a Canadian company who really have no clue what the visa is all about.

I feel for the girl from Brazil with the Morman fiancé, the couple from LA. That poor girl had no idea what she was in for, he was jealous of the Captain Jack character and of every other man in Earth who may potentially look at her. I see if the previews she becomes some sort of model too, this is going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I would guess there's a higher percentage of female K1s than male K1's. It bugs me too, how they searched for couples that view the 90 days as a trial period. Are any of these couples actually planning the wedding yet? Heck thats what my wife and I were doing even before she landed. I was doing a bit of leg work ahead of time, then the first week she was here, we were dealing with details and putting the money down. By two weeks here, all the plans were set, and five weeks in, we were married.

I don't get why it's remarkable that the females are shorter. Generally women are shorter than men, and its not all that common to find cases where a woman is taller than her husband. Maybe if they'd selected at least one male K1 from a third world country, the likelihood of shorter male would have been greater.

I was happy to see at least a little of the anxiety of the women being away from home, friends and family show up, and the worries about being accepted by the family here. Although the first few weeks should be more of a honeymoon period, where the worries are pushed aside until the USC has to return to work and the K1 finds themselves home alone with more time to worry.

I think my biggest oh the horror moment was when the USC's mom was talking about the family joke being don't go bringing a woman back when you go there. How would you like someone with so little tact as a mother in law?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016