kmg617

New reality show about K1 visa (merged)

323 posts in this topic

A Question to the USCs reading this -

how do you feel about a Canadian Production Company muckraking about the K-1 visa couples?

Time to declare war on Canada! Only Americans should be allowed to make muckraking shows about American processes.

A show that actually factually followed the typical process, with typical situations might not even make it to public television.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

My wife and I really like the show. Sure it could be done better. I was happy that they included the couple with the woman from Ormac PI, it's not far from my inlaws.

I'm surprised they didn't find a couple with a huge age gap. Maybe next season :)

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

My wife and I really like the show. Sure it could be done better. I was happy that they included the couple with the woman from Ormac PI, it's not far from my inlaws.

I'm surprised they didn't find a couple with a huge age gap. Maybe next season smile.png

That amazes me also they didn't find a larger age gap couple. Some of the early promo writings on the couples appear to have been tamed down a bit to. Maybe as the episodes are being released they needed to tone these down to match the reality, they served their purpose of creating interest already, or there was enough outrage at the way they were portraying the couples, they realized they needed to change them to be less offensive. I kind of doubt the last option though.

I think the ex wife of the Louis is a good example of why men have looked for love in other countries laughing.gif But then I might have a bias against American ex wives.

That short meeting clip from last night, the ex looked to be really pissing off Aya. Heck of a situation she got put into, I'm looking forward to seeing how she handles it.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Has anyone heard about TLC's new reality tv show '90-Day-Fiancé(e)' ?

( http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance )

I have been trying to watch it online but don't seem to find any 'viewable' links online.. Does anyone have a good website or link I could watch it on?

attachicon.gifarticle-2524901-1A264A1100000578-875_634x518.jpg

To be honest, I'm don't really like the subject.. it seems like they take it pretty easy, getting a chance to have a k1 visa and then deciding wether to get married or not... mmh I know people can be different in the every day life but you don't go through all the troubles of a K1 visa to end up giving up.. but that's just my opinion..

The first episode is now available for free on iTunes. I saw a link on TLC website.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh dear sweet fuq this is awful.

Beyond awful, but that is mostly typical of TLC.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

There is a couple with a large age gap, but the episodes about them are online only. He is 48 and she is 23 from Ukraine.

I wonder if the age gap is the reason they don't put it on TV?

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wonder if the age gap is the reason they don't put it on TV?

Age is just a number, it doesn't mean dirty old man or cougar. Lying and fraud is a psychological disorder. Yes age difference can be a challenge in some relationships, but remember in many cultures especially asian and some Latin countries an older spouse is looked at as stable, wise, and desirable.

There are MANY happy posters on VJ that are 30+ years apart with stable trusting relationships.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just discussed this show with my fiancee in China.. It really scared her. She's not worried about me. She knows me and knows I love her, we talk every night for hours on Skype and never miss a day, how could she not? But she was VERY worried at seeing how negative the other people view these peoples' relationships. She's now more worried than ever about being viewed negatively and facing racism etc. when she gets here.

I talked her down this morning but it took well over an hour.

I have yet to see a complete show but I'll be on Bittorrent and iTunes, the TLC website, tonight for sure. I watched some clips this morning while talking to her about it and must say it wasn't all bad, in that it does raise some things that are legitimate issues with culture shock and being scared about dropping your whole life to move around the world to a totally new culture.. but it seems to really push the drama thing and like a lot of other people have already said.. ####### is with the lets do a k1 and see if we want to marry after 90 days.. This kind of BS is WHY people have bad and false impressions about our relationships.

They act like you just go out and get a visa for experimental purposes.. instead of spending yourself broke and waiting and waiting and waiting, stuck apart while you are the only one alone at parties and the holidays, carrying around an iPod trying to share your life via video with someone who is chugging coffee to stay up long enough to meet your family etc.. The real drama is front loaded and they skipped all of it to show the kind of people who shouldn't even have gotten their NAO1's because they never sent a letter of intent.. or who committed purgury by signing one.

By the way, Im 15 years older and desperately in love with my beautiful, young Asian fiancee (She's probably more mature than me though), LOL, who I met online!! There might be real cases of the stereotypes (apparently they all got on the show).. but there are also situations where they aren't real even when they SEEM to be and it just hurts people when these muckraker shows stir this ####### up as if they are out to educate people. I've spent a LOT of time in China for work and I know quite a bit about Chinese culture, have a ton of Chinese friends, speak functional , but bad according to my fiancee, Mandarin.. So I'm not one of these clueless guys who went looking for an underage trophy wife online knowing nothing about her or where she comes from.. (She actually found me, LOL) but I become that guy to everyone who watches this drivel on the tube and then meets us or sees us in a restaurant, etc.. We are not stereotypes to each other.

…Just makes me angry..

…And Disney/Holywood should not be allowed to make movies about historical events or people that take "artistic" license with those stories either… Thats another one that frosts my cookie.. But I won't get started on THAT rant too, LOL..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Even their description of the show grossly misrepresents what the visa is actually for.

"Using a unique 90 Day Fiancé visa, four women will travel to the US to live with their overseas fiancés for the first time. Each couple will have just 90 days to decide to get married or send their international mate home."

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Seriously. As if you don't already know that you're getting hitched when you apply to spend hundreds of dollars, spend countless hours on trivial paperwork, and go through some of the hardest months/years of your life.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

iv only watched the first episode but the only couple that I was less than convinced by was the Russian girl with the baldy guy. the Colombian woman and the brazillian girl seemed in love to me. I actually really enjoyed their reactions and the show because it reminded me of what im going through and was reassuring to see other people going through it, Ive been here two weeks now and we married on Saturday and moved into our own place the same day so the visa definitely speeds up the natural processes of a relationship but so far im really happy, even if I am freaked out to be 5000 miles from what I still consider to be home, know hardly anyone or how to get anywhere

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Off Topic forum and merged with mega thread already in progress~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone else seen this new reality show on TLC called 90 day fiance? What do you guys think?

I was at lunch on the night shift at work when I ran across it and watched. For me it was a mix of the familiar and a sense of now people are going to think they know "my story" Im not sure exactly how i feel. People from work know my story and i'm open with them, however they were making some pretty judgemental comments while watching the show with me and it was making me a bit uncomfortable. What is everyone's thoughts.......idea9dv.gif