shytown

December 2022 NVC Submissions

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
8 minutes ago, shytown said:

The first page is the translator's copy, followed by 2 pages of the scanned original birth certificate. Should we try it in reverse order? To be fair, it was issued in former East Germany and looks somewhat crude compared to what is issued these days in modern Germany. 😅

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees:  There is a fee for each certificate and for any additional copy. The same amount is charged for certificates issued on an "international" form.

Document Name: Geburtsurkunde

Issuing Authority: Local registrar's office (Standesamt) where the birth occurred.

NOTE: For former East Germany, this applies only to those civil status cases that occurred after October 2, 1990. For events occurring prior to this date, documents from this part of Germany are issued by the district office where the event occurred.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Local registrar’s office official seal, signed by the recording official/ white paper/ different formats depending on issuance date

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Standesbeamter (recording official)

Registration Criteria: To be checked with issuing authority

Procedure for Obtaining: The requested certificates are usually mailed out by the registrar's office with the fees being collected on delivery. The applicant may enclose a self-addressed and stamped return envelope and use German postage stamps or a collection-only check for payment.

Certified Copies Available: Yes, “beglaubigte Abschrift aus dem Geburtsregister“

Alternate Documents: Auszug aus dem Geburtseintrag (extract from birth registration). This document is also issued by the German registration office (Standesamt) where the birth was registered.

Exceptions: None

Comments: In lieu of the birth certificate, you may also request an “Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister” (extract from the birth register). This document is a certified copy of the birth register listing name, date of birth, place of birth, name of parents, in case of adoption, name of adoptive parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, anna4614890 said:

I think it might me a reason! I remember that I saw all original pages should be the first one in order! 
I mean if it’s official doc it’s fine, right? My birth certificate is a book with Soviet Union symbol even though I was born in Russia! And it looks nothing like a modern one:) 

Yes, this must be the issue. :) We'll give it a shot... 

5 minutes ago, MMDG said:

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees:  There is a fee for each certificate and for any additional copy. The same amount is charged for certificates issued on an "international" form.

Document Name: Geburtsurkunde

Issuing Authority: Local registrar's office (Standesamt) where the birth occurred.

NOTE: For former East Germany, this applies only to those civil status cases that occurred after October 2, 1990. For events occurring prior to this date, documents from this part of Germany are issued by the district office where the event occurred.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Local registrar’s office official seal, signed by the recording official/ white paper/ different formats depending on issuance date

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Standesbeamter (recording official)

Registration Criteria: To be checked with issuing authority

Procedure for Obtaining: The requested certificates are usually mailed out by the registrar's office with the fees being collected on delivery. The applicant may enclose a self-addressed and stamped return envelope and use German postage stamps or a collection-only check for payment.

Certified Copies Available: Yes, “beglaubigte Abschrift aus dem Geburtsregister“

Alternate Documents: Auszug aus dem Geburtseintrag (extract from birth registration). This document is also issued by the German registration office (Standesamt) where the birth was registered.

Exceptions: None

Comments: In lieu of the birth certificate, you may also request an “Auszug aus dem Geburtenregister” (extract from the birth register). This document is a certified copy of the birth register listing name, date of birth, place of birth, name of parents, in case of adoption, name of adoptive parents

According to this we should be good. I'm going to reverse the order of the pages and see if that satisfies them. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't look at all the pages in a document before reaching a conclusion that it's insufficient.. 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
2 minutes ago, shytown said:

Yes, this must be the issue. :) We'll give it a shot... 

According to this we should be good. I'm going to reverse the order of the pages and see if that satisfies them. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't look at all the pages in a document before reaching a conclusion that it's insufficient.. 

frustrating. Sorry about your RFE 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's is very frustrating 😞. Maybe the scan document is not showing all 4 corners? Or missing the back face? Maybe they want it in color. 

I didn't find anything regarding the order of pages. I made sure to start with the English translation first just so they don't have to flip sheets to another alien language....I hope that's right.

I would give it another shot and email them to remain them that you fix it (basically reupload 😅)

The tax might be a greater concern. Maybe try to add more check stubs, I think they asked for 6 months in the form instruction.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, islam-cannotwait said:

That's is very frustrating 😞. Maybe the scan document is not showing all 4 corners? Or missing the back face? Maybe they want it in color. 

I didn't find anything regarding the order of pages. I made sure to start with the English translation first just so they don't have to flip sheets to another alien language....I hope that's right.

I would give it another shot and email them to remain them that you fix it (basically reupload 😅)

The tax might be a greater concern. Maybe try to add more check stubs, I think they asked for 6 months in the form instruction.

Haha I'll try... Yes, I think the tax thing is the problem. I'll let everybody know what's up as it unfolds.

By the way, should any of you get an RFE (I hope you don't), just so you know, there is a bug that appears when you try to figure out what doc was not accepted from the petitioner. It says "incomplete" when it should say "invalid doc." When you click on "incomplete" it will bring you to an error page. Apparently this is "normal" and it takes anywhere from days to usually a couple of weeks for the link to update. In this time, even if you know what your specific issue is and you try to upload additional evidence, you won't be able to. I didn't know this when I found out and it caused me confusion because all I had was that very generic message I posted earlier and no specifics.

I-130 (Potomac)

Timeline

Good news from my side, it looks like once we submit the updated birth certificate, we will be DQ'd. The first "notification" about not meeting the income requirements was not a RFE, it was only a notice that something on my tax return didn't match up but the ultimate decision will be made by the CO at the interview. As long as you have proof of sufficient US income / assets, you'll be okay. Fingers crossed for everyone on this adventure...  :) 

I-130 (Potomac)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 hours ago, shytown said:

Haha I'll try... Yes, I think the tax thing is the problem. I'll let everybody know what's up as it unfolds.

By the way, should any of you get an RFE (I hope you don't), just so you know, there is a bug that appears when you try to figure out what doc was not accepted from the petitioner. It says "incomplete" when it should say "invalid doc." When you click on "incomplete" it will bring you to an error page. Apparently this is "normal" and it takes anywhere from days to usually a couple of weeks for the link to update. In this time, even if you know what your specific issue is and you try to upload additional evidence, you won't be able to. I didn't know this when I found out and it caused me confusion because all I had was that very generic message I posted earlier and no specifics.

@Ochanosono, take a look above. Shytown provided helpful notes regarding this above.

Timeline

We were DQ'd this morning! Email from NVC regarding scheduling of the interview (not a date, just what that they are going to be contacting our consulate) recieved as well. 

The i-864 and proof of US citizenship for the joint sponsor section shows "submitted" while everything else shows accepted. 

But with the emails and the DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED notification on CEAC, I'd say we are OK. 

Great news for everyone here, really. We were DQ'd in less than 40 days! 

Good luck to you all! ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Orzo said:

We were DQ'd this morning! Email from NVC regarding scheduling of the interview (not a date, just what that they are going to be contacting our consulate) recieved as well. 

The i-864 and proof of US citizenship for the joint sponsor section shows "submitted" while everything else shows accepted. 

But with the emails and the DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED notification on CEAC, I'd say we are OK. 

Great news for everyone here, really. We were DQ'd in less than 40 days! 

Good luck to you all! ☺️

Congrats :) As for the 'Submitted' part, no worries, it's a common error in the last two weeks. What is your last date of submission? I mean for the required document, not the optional

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got a FE from NVC yesterday, since we live abroad NVC asked for proof of domicile for my wife, everything else shows accepted.

Fingers crossed for a fast review.

20 minutes ago, Edtab said:

Got a FE from NVC yesterday, since we live abroad NVC asked for proof of domicile for my wife, everything else shows accepted.

Fingers crossed for a fast review.

Heyy, same here, second RFE, I'm the petitioner its asking for proof of domicile from me, and also proof of income from my sponsor,  another one saying i can add another sponsor and take the info to the interview with me. everything shows as accepted on the website. so my question is I still need to submit everything under additional documents ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.