shytown

December 2022 NVC Submissions

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I'm starting this thread to kick off December 2022 NVC submissions. We're submitting everything today. Looking forward to seeing all of your journeys to DQ! 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Timeline

Hello! We are submitting today as well! (Took a bit to get the Japanese police report) but that's life!
I'm a little worried due to my sponsor having income coming from self-employment as a re-seller (not necessary to hit the cut off though.) and only has his stripe account summaries as proof.
Hopefully they don't ask for something silly like a 1099. 

I hope we all get a smooth and quick DQ!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, Orzo said:

Hello! We are submitting today as well! (Took a bit to get the Japanese police report) but that's life!
I'm a little worried due to my sponsor having income coming from self-employment as a re-seller (not necessary to hit the cut off though.) and only has his stripe account summaries as proof.
Hopefully they don't ask for something silly like a 1099. 

I hope we all get a smooth and quick DQ!

Hey you finally made it to the next round!

I'd personally avoid the potential rfe and upload a 1099 if it is available.  Twice I've gone back to upload extra docs that some were saying would be needed anyway so I'm also hoping that doesn't reset my submission date.  good luck to us all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Orzo said:

I very much doubt that stripe account summary is going to work. For joint sponsor, they need to have a verifiable income and the only way that can be done is through IRS filings, which means needing a W2 or 1099, or through overall proof of assets, which means bank/investment statements. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html#aos14

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

I very much doubt that stripe account summary is going to work. For joint sponsor, they need to have a verifiable income and the only way that can be done is through IRS filings, which means needing a W2 or 1099, or through overall proof of assets, which means bank/investment statements. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html#aos14

The issue is that he has never received a 1099. Last year he hardly made any self employed income from the side job (He resells on his own webstore) though it is shown on his IRS transcript, no 1099 that year.
This year, close to 13k. He imagines that he will be getting a 1099 thanks to the new rules surrounding them.

I just received the lovely

"NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all of the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents." 

Email as well, so that's nice. It's funny that in my first 30 minutes of research no one seems to know what this email actually means when everything has been properly submitted. 
More learning for me...

Edited by Orzo

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Orzo said:

Last year he hardly made any self employed income from the side job (He resells on his own webstore) though it is shown on his IRS transcript, no 1099 that year.

ok, that makes a little more sense - I had read it that the only evidence you were providing was that he had Stripe account summaries. As long as he filed taxes, then (imo) you'd want to include the full tax filing with whatever schedules were used to justify/show the taxable income, and not just the tax transcript.  Good luck!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

ok, that makes a little more sense - I had read it that the only evidence you were providing was that he had Stripe account summaries. As long as he filed taxes, then (imo) you'd want to include the full tax filing with whatever schedules were used to justify/show the taxable income, and not just the tax transcript.  Good luck!

I should have been more clear! My fault! 
I submitted the transcript but didn't include the full tax filing as I was under the impression that if the IRS transcripts were used, the schedules did not need to be included. Plus I figured it was just another place to mess up; for example, including schedule E, but not 1040, then uploading everything with no missing pages, only to get told they don't need the state taxes and that I should re-upload. I suppose I tried to over-simplify our package. Maybe It'll come back to haunt me...

In hindsight, I do wish this process was a little bit more direct on what to do with those earn income being self-employed but not by an actual registered business and all income goes straight into their personal account. This caused my joint sponsor a bit of a headache... 

Thanks for the tips.

Edited by Orzo

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

I'm kind of in a similar situation. For all years prior to 2022, I only earned income in Germany. Now I have a US based job and uploaded all kinds of evidence of my current income (paystubs, employment offer letter). HOWEVER, all I have for 2021 is my full tax return including schedules + Form 2555 "foreign earned income", and tax transcripts for years 2020 and 2019.... but no W2's or 1040's. Do you think that's enough or are they going to ask me for something else? 

Edited by shytown

I-130 (Potomac)

Timeline
26 minutes ago, shytown said:

I'm kind of in a similar situation. For all years prior to 2022, I only earned income in Germany. Now I have a US based job and uploaded all kinds of evidence of my current income (paystubs, employment offer letter). HOWEVER, all I have for 2021 is my full tax return including schedules + Form 2555 "foreign earned income", and tax transcripts for years 2020 and 2019.... but no W2's or 1040's. Do you think that's enough or are they going to ask me for something else? 

So, I'm definitely no expert and haven't even been DQ'ed yet (hoping within the next 3 days...) But my application, I listed my current year income (2022), as well as what was reported on last 3 years of tax returns (2019, 2020, 2021), but for simplicity I didn't even include tax transcripts for 2019 and 2020... I had considered providing those, but it would get messy since I was married to my ex-wife in 2019 and would therefore have to provide W2's, etc etc. From what you've said, as long as the tax transcripts from 2019 and 2020 were only your income, then you should be fine from my understanding.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I originally submitted October 24th and got a response from NVC on the 4th of December  but It was a RFE so I’m submitting again on the 6th of December.

thank you for creating this thread! 

Edited by MMDG

Timeline
14 hours ago, shytown said:

I'm in a similar situation, but no US job yet as I'm living abroad. 

I believe it's best practice to write and sign a statement explaining that you were employed abroad and therefore do not receive a w-2. I myself did this. And just uploaded my IRS transcript for 2021

Timeline
21 hours ago, Orzo said:

I'm in a similar situation, but no US job yet as I'm living abroad. 

I believe it's best practice to write and sign a statement explaining that you were employed abroad and therefore do not receive a w-2. I myself did this. And just uploaded my IRS transcript for 2021

Yeah, I think that's the best way. I did the same. However, I don't have a 2021 tax transcript as it seems the IRS did not receive it. I mailed my 2021 tax return from abroad, and despite tracking saying it was delivered to the right place, now it's causing me to worry that they will get hung up on this point. I submitted photocopies of the complete tax return and the tracking receipt, so hopefully that works. 😶

Edited by shytown

I-130 (Potomac)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.