@MJintheUSA 12/6/2022 1/25/2023    
@Benard 12/7/2022 1/26/2023    
@Ash27004 12/10/2022 1/30/2023    
@islam-cannotwait 12/25/2022 2/13/2023    
@aerodnight 12/26/2022 2/14/2023    

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, shamansa said:

Also, now that it is 2023, are they going to ask for w2 for 2022, again pushing me back in line?

They are not going to, not until April 15. In fact, because they operate on autopilot, they may reject anything 2022 before April 15.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Great question. From what I read, the some NVC folks are very robotic and not experienced. Sometimes they ask for something that is already submitted 😔

My plan is to send my wife a copy of my W2 and *tax return (*if our interview date is after 2022 tax deadline) during the interview. I might even upload them to NVC CEAC site after we receive an interview date to avoid restarting the NVC review process.

Oh I hear some folks received directions from USA embassy during their interview to upload missing items to the CEAC site...my goal is to avoid this step 😂😂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

They reviewed my documents today and sent two RFE's:

1) This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

2) Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.

My questions now: 

1) My income greatly exceeds the one they state as a requirement on their website. I offered as proof two months-worth of paystubs and my offer letter, which states my yearly income which is in the 6-figures and we will have a 2-person household. I also submitted two tax transcripts, but the one for 2021 was missing and I made note of this in a cover letter with a tracking receipt as proof that I did mail it in, they received it, but claim they have no record of a tax return. I have since fiixed this problem with the IRS by sending in a new return. There is nowhere to ask questions as to how they've reached this determination. What do I do now?

2) A more minor "issue", but this one is their mistake - we have uploaded a translated, official birth certificate issued by Germany, so there is literally nothing else we can provide. What to do now?

This is so frustrating. Any advice is very welcome.

Edited by shytown

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

2 hours ago, shytown said:

They reviewed my documents today and sent two RFE's:

1) This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

2) Please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.

My questions now: 

1) My income greatly exceeds the one they state as a requirement on their website. I offered as proof two months-worth of paystubs and my offer letter, which states my yearly income which is in the 6-figures and we will have a 2-person household. I also submitted two tax transcripts, but the one for 2021 was missing and I made note of this in a cover letter with a tracking receipt as proof that I did mail it in, they received it, but claim they have no record of a tax return. I have since fiixed this problem with the IRS by sending in a new return. There is nowhere to ask questions as to how they've reached this determination. What do I do now?

2) A more minor "issue", but this one is their mistake - we have uploaded a translated, official birth certificate issued by Germany, so there is literally nothing else we can provide. What to do now?

This is so frustrating. Any advice is very welcome.

Did you include a scan of original birth certificate in front of translated scan ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, anna4614890 said:

Did you include a scan of original birth certificate in front of translated scan ? 

The first page is the translator's copy, followed by 2 pages of the scanned original birth certificate. Should we try it in reverse order? To be fair, it was issued in former East Germany and looks somewhat crude compared to what is issued these days in modern Germany. 😅

Edited by shytown

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

4 minutes ago, shytown said:

The first page is the translator's copy, followed by 2 pages of the scanned original birth certificate. Should we try it in reverse order? To be fair, it was issued in former East Germany and looks somewhat crude compared to what is issued these days in modern Germany. 😅

I think it might me a reason! I remember that I saw all original pages should be the first one in order! 
I mean if it’s official doc it’s fine, right? My birth certificate is a book with Soviet Union symbol even though I was born in Russia! And it looks nothing like a modern one:) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
15 minutes ago, shytown said:

Edited by MMDG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.