Pbchief2

Marrying for money and citizenship.

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, I tried to stay out of it. My ex-wife has decided to marry her boyfriends roommate to help him get citizenship in exchange for cash. She told me about this a couple times and I advised her to step away and not get into anything illegal. Unfortunately she did it, so not only has she committed fraud, she's not going to get paid now. I have our sons interest in mind and would like to keep them from being near that whole situation. Is it wrong of me to try and disconnect thier time together? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why is she not getting paid?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You certainly have leverage in coercing your ex …to wake up and shape up, especially since she will have to “play house “ with both the boyfriend and the Roomie Pretend Husband….for the marriage for money scheme to work. 

Best she just divorces/ annuls the marriage and chalk it up to a Vegas moment of stupidity rather than continue with the sham and involve even your young  sons in the complicity…( you know family photos for USCIS, Fake Stepfather listed on children's school / doctor records). 

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Bf’s roomie might be running a VAWA scam: “she demanded money after we married before she would agree to petition me”

There is no honor among scoundrels..I think the saying goes. …but Roomie is quite fearless in refusing to pay, so definitely makes me think he has something up his sleeve. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pbchief2 said:

Ok, I tried to stay out of it. My ex-wife has decided to marry her boyfriends roommate to help him get citizenship in exchange for cash. She told me about this a couple times and I advised her to step away and not get into anything illegal. Unfortunately she did it, so not only has she committed fraud, she's not going to get paid now. I have our sons interest in mind and would like to keep them from being near that whole situation. Is it wrong of me to try and disconnect thier time together? 

Unless either the boyfriend, the roommate or your ex-wife actually poses a danger to your son, yes, it's wrong to not allow your son to spend time with HIS MOTHER.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Odd that she did not get at least something up front.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

Unless either the boyfriend, the roommate or your ex-wife actually poses a danger to your son, yes, it's wrong to not allow your son to spend time with HIS MOTHER.

Unless of course, the MOTHER is a player in Felony Sham Marriage Show and using children as supporting cast..

In that case, I say blackmail the silly mom to come to her senses OR….

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Family said:

Unless of course, the MOTHER is a player in Felony Sham Marriage Show and using children as supporting cast..

In that case, I say blackmail the silly mom to come to her senses OR….

I heartily disagree, while if that's what's happening it's certainly a stupid choice on this woman's part, the child is hers as well and she should be able to spend time with her own child.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

2 hours ago, Pbchief2 said:

Considering it is a federal crime and can receive a $250k fine/5 years in prison, I would also be worried about my child's care and safety.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

It will be interesting to see how it goes since people in sham marriages tend to not plan it out very well.  The fact that you know about it shows they’re over confident in how easy it will be to pull off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pbchief2 said:

So that is your ex-wife who now has a boyfriend but has decided to marry another man.

How old are your sons and when did you divorce her?

Is she is now your ex-wife because of her involvement with many men during the marriage?

Are you looking to get full custody of your sons? Certainly, her behavior is not a healthy one for the kids to be around. You should contact USCIS to report the fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1 hour ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

I have a few thoughts on this, outside input helps. First my son lives with me per the divorce agreement, he is a teenager and asked if he could go stay with her about a year ago. I spoke to her about it and she said she was not comfortable with him staying with them for a variety of reasons(drinking and arguments being the main). Him being a teenager, he get a quite a bit of autonomy. But things being in the fraud area gives me even more reservations. He doesn't know anything, but my older son knows and he thinks keeping him out of the situation is best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.