Jump to content
jm1409

Chances of b2 visa acceptance/denial?

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i understand no one here knows for sure on any of this, but based on experience/stories you've seen/heard - how do you feel about the chances of getting a b2 visa if this is the information the interviewer will have:

 

  • purpose of visit: visiting boyfriend and meeting family and go to disneyland
  • family ties to the US: none
  • job: yes
  • school: yes
  • lease agreement: yes
  • has been to the US before: no
  • has been to other countries via visas and has not overstayed: yes
  • does not need any sponsorship/affidavit for financial reasons, although will be staying at no cost at boyfriend's parent's house
  • wants to visit for only 2 weeks

 

that pretty much covers it! something else to note: the person applying is a Brazilian citizen, applying at the Dublin, Ireland embassy (currently living there temporarily for school & work)

 

any advice/thoughts on if you think this has a high/low chance of visa approval/denial?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jm1409 said:

i understand no one here knows for sure on any of this, but based on experience/stories you've seen/heard - how do you feel about the chances of getting a b2 visa if this is the information the interviewer will have:

 

  • purpose of visit: visiting boyfriend and meeting family and go to disneyland
  • family ties to the US: none
  • job: yes
  • school: yes
  • lease agreement: yes
  • has been to the US before: no
  • has been to other countries via visas and has not overstayed: yes
  • does not need any sponsorship/affidavit for financial reasons, although will be staying at no cost at boyfriend's parent's house
  • wants to visit for only 2 weeks

 

that pretty much covers it! something else to note: the person applying is a Brazilian citizen, applying at the Dublin, Ireland embassy (currently living there temporarily for school & work)

 

any advice/thoughts on if you think this has a high/low chance of visa approval/denial?

 

 

Bring the round trip plane tickets


From AOS to ROC (So far)

 

AOS😎

Filing date: 10.17.2019

Biometrics: 12.12.2019

RFE: 01.15.2020

RFE response: 01.22.2020

RFE response acknowledgment: 01.30.2020

READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW: 02.07.2020

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 02.07.2020

(hold on, this is where it gets interesting)

INTERVIEW DATE: 03.18.2020

The day before: rrrrriiiiiiing riiiiiiiing *my cell phone rings as we were loading the car to spend the night at a hotel prior to our interview. Interview cancelled because of COVID.🙄🙄😷🤒

READY TO BE SCHEDULED: 03.19.2020

RFE FROM THE FIELD OFFICE FOR US TO SEND THE EVIDENCE: Somewhere in early April.🙄

EVIDENCE SENT: 04.14.2020

CASE APPROVED: 04.29.2020.

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 05.01.2020🟩

 

ROC (so far).

PACKAGE RECEIVED AT PHOENIX LOCKBOX: 02.01.2022.

NOTIFICATION (TXT): 02.04.2022. LIN service center

BIOMETRICS: 03.28.2022 (USCIS Case tracker update Case Was Updated to Show Fingerprints Were Taken) and also email update *biometrics used from AOS*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect denial.  Visa refusal rate for Brazilians is 23 percent per https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY20.pdf and I suspect most of the accepted visas don’t have an American significant other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, jm1409 said:

the person applying is a Brazilian citizen

Unfortunately, many Brazilians in recent years have overstayed their tourist visas and live illegally in the US, trying any way possible to stay and eventually become legal by finding a US citizen to marry, apply for asylum, etc.  Because of this, many are denied a B2 even when their intentions are sincere and they have strong ties as you have.  Be honest about the US significant other/love interest when asked, don't try to hide anything and hope for the best.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-5 Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

exceto que ter um namorado dos EUA é um forte vínculo com os EUA 

Red flags:

- Brazilian.

- Out of status in another country.

- Strong ties with the United States (boyfriend ).

Be yourself don't make any false statements its better to be denied than put yourself in trouble in the future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nig said:

- Out of status in another country.

Where did you get that from?


ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

 

مواطن من العالم

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Bring the round trip plane tickets

i was under the impression that you should buy any plane tickets until you get your visa. doesn't that make more sense, since you don't know if you can even fly to the destination prior to the interview? most airlines do not allow for refunds.

 

6 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Unfortunately, many Brazilians in recent years have overstayed their tourist visas and live illegally in the US, trying any way possible to stay and eventually become legal by finding a US citizen to marry, apply for asylum, etc.  Because of this, many are denied a B2 even when their intentions are sincere and they have strong ties as you have.  Be honest about the US significant other/love interest when asked, don't try to hide anything and hope for the best.  Good luck!

fair points, luckily this Brazilian has already traveled to 14 different countries in 3 different continents and has never overstayed their visa. hopefully the consular takes this into account!

 

6 hours ago, Nig said:

Red flags:

- Brazilian.

- Out of status in another country.

- Strong ties with the United States (boyfriend ).

Be yourself don't make any false statements its better to be denied than put yourself in trouble in the future 

out of status in another country? what gave you that idea? she is living legally (although temporary, not permanent) in Ireland with a stamp 2 visa.

also, a boyfriend (not fiance) is considered a strong tie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
19 hours ago, jm1409 said:

i understand no one here knows for sure on any of this, but based on experience/stories you've seen/heard - how do you feel about the chances of getting a b2 visa if this is the information the interviewer will have:

 

  • purpose of visit: visiting boyfriend and meeting family and go to disneyland
  • family ties to the US: none
  • job: yes
  • school: yes
  • lease agreement: yes
  • has been to the US before: no
  • has been to other countries via visas and has not overstayed: yes
  • does not need any sponsorship/affidavit for financial reasons, although will be staying at no cost at boyfriend's parent's house
  • wants to visit for only 2 weeks

 

that pretty much covers it! something else to note: the person applying is a Brazilian citizen, applying at the Dublin, Ireland embassy (currently living there temporarily for school & work)

 

any advice/thoughts on if you think this has a high/low chance of visa approval/denial?

 

 

I say it’s a High chance the Brazilian will get the visa especially with the extended international travel history and also going to school and working in another country (Ireland) is considered a strong tie.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MMDG said:

I say it’s a High chance the Brazilian will get the visa especially with the extended international travel history and also going to school and working in another country (Ireland) is considered a strong tie.

 

 

 

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jm1409 said:

i understand no one here knows for sure on any of this, but based on experience/stories you've seen/heard - how do you feel about the chances of getting a b2 visa if this is the information the interviewer will have:

 

  • purpose of visit: visiting boyfriend and meeting family and go to disneyland
  • family ties to the US: none
  • job: yes
  • school: yes
  • lease agreement: yes
  • has been to the US before: no
  • has been to other countries via visas and has not overstayed: yes
  • does not need any sponsorship/affidavit for financial reasons, although will be staying at no cost at boyfriend's parent's house
  • wants to visit for only 2 weeks

 

that pretty much covers it! something else to note: the person applying is a Brazilian citizen, applying at the Dublin, Ireland embassy (currently living there temporarily for school & work)

 

any advice/thoughts on if you think this has a high/low chance of visa approval/denial?

 

 

This was nearly 15 years ago but I was in a similar situation. The differences were that I did have family ties in the US, I was not going to school, I was living in England but had no love interest in the US. The IO asked me a couple of questions in Portuguese apparently in order to confirm I was indeed Brazilian and one satisfied, he approved me on the spot. I am not sure how things changed since, and the fact that you have a bf in the US may trigger some extra scrutiny, but I suspect you have good chances. Boa sorte!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...