Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Laniakean

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 285770
  • Location New York, NY, USA

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. That is a bit strange as I used this very resource for my naturalization and I was able to retrieve every transcript dating back from when I first filed taxes in the US. Granted that was a few years ago so things may have changed. Nevertheless, you should be ok with what you have, not to mention the fact that you likely provided previous transcripts for your AOS.
  2. @Dashinka is probably correct but you can get older transcripts by mail. You can call 800-908-9946 and request the years you need and they will send you in a week or so (if precessing times are as they were pre-pandemic). Ref: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript-faqs (Question 12)
  3. This is my MO: I am yet to go to Brazil but when travelling to countries where US passport holders do not require visas (such as Brazil currently), I buy the ticket on my US name and only use the US passport. I do believe however that you would need to present your Brazilian passport at immigration (PF). When a visa is required for US passport holders but not Brazilian, I still book the trip under my US passport name, but at the check-in, I present my Brazilian passport along with a copy of the name change disposition and present my Brazilian passport at the destination. So far I have had no issues with any airline as they seem to have standard procedures for this scenario. I am not sure if what @aaron2020 says is correct about the Brazilian passport becoming invalid, but I do know that it is not straightforward to have your original name changed in Brazil. There is precedent but at the same time, there is an interpretation of the Brazilian law that leads to person requesting it losing citizenship altogether. In any case, if you want to give it a try, the first thing to do is to contact a specialized lawyer in the state where your ID (Carteira de Identidade) was issued.
  • Create New...