14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone is going through the same situation my wife and I are.  We had our GC Interview in San Francisco on February 2nd.  Were told everything was good to go, except for the medical exam, which had to be resubmitted.  Since COVID delays, my wife's medical exam had been done more than a year before the interview, and we received a RFE to complete an I-693.  I found a certified Civil Surgeon, she went ahead and went through the entire process, the surgeon signed off on it and after a few days, we sent the signed/sealed packet to the address listed.

The RFE deadline is May 4th and USCIS has still not "received" or updated her case.  I have sent a few e-requests, which were answered with a generic response, and have actually spoken to live reps 3 times, all of whom did not give any specific info. but said they can send an internal request. The last rep. stated that there is an extension for the request, but I am not sure how concrete this info. is since it's not listed anywhere.

Has anyone gone through this situation or is currently going through it?  If so, mind sharing your experience, results, and maybe what to expect?

Many thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

USCIS works at it's own pace. Your file got to them. Just relax

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I assume you sent it by some traceable method, and keep the receipt and have proof of delivery. As long as it shows delivered in time, you should be covered. As others have stated, it's a slow process for anything USCIS.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, PeterPan2021 said:

Yes. Sent via USPS Priority Mail with tracking.  The docs were definitely delivered by USPS and to my surprise, on time :)

I don't recall the exact date, but it was shown as delivered on/about the February 15th.

You are fine with replying in time.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Nothing to do except continue living life and one of these days/weeks/ months the case will be approved.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

6 hours ago, PeterPan2021 said:

Since COVID delays, my wife's medical exam had been done more than a year before the interview, and we received a RFE to complete an I-693. 

You likely did not need to do that if you were a K1 however your timeline is blank.

K1 DS3025 is good for one year from medical exam to APPLYING for I485. When you get the interview is irrelevant. 

Please fill out your timeline. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, PeterPan2021 said:

Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone is going through the same situation my wife and I are.  We had our GC Interview in San Francisco on February 2nd.  Were told everything was good to go, except for the medical exam, which had to be resubmitted.  Since COVID delays, my wife's medical exam had been done more than a year before the interview, and we received a RFE to complete an I-693.  I found a certified Civil Surgeon, she went ahead and went through the entire process, the surgeon signed off on it and after a few days, we sent the signed/sealed packet to the address listed.

The RFE deadline is May 4th and USCIS has still not "received" or updated her case.  I have sent a few e-requests, which were answered with a generic response, and have actually spoken to live reps 3 times, all of whom did not give any specific info. but said they can send an internal request. The last rep. stated that there is an extension for the request, but I am not sure how concrete this info. is since it's not listed anywhere.

Has anyone gone through this situation or is currently going through it?  If so, mind sharing your experience, results, and maybe what to expect?

Many thanks in advance!

We are in the same situation.  Received RFE for wife to receive a vaccination and update I-693.  After locating a new Civil Surgeon he would not just give the vaccination but required her to complete a new physical which cost $750.00.  RFE returned to Houston Office on April 15th and that is pretty much the end of story.  When we received the RFE the requirement for compliance was not clear, conflicting statements of what was required so we contacted USCIS for clarification since you are not allowed to contact the local office by phone.  USCIS told us to follow the RFE and just have her comply with the requested vaccination, and if we had a problem understanding the RFE hire an attorney.  Really disappointed with USCIS and Houston for the way they handled this situation.  Once again spending a lot of money only to wait in line.

• 11 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:09 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

You likely did not need to do that if you were a K1 however your timeline is blank.

K1 DS3025 is good for one year from medical exam to APPLYING for I485. When you get the interview is irrelevant. 

Please fill out your timeline. 

I got same RFE and I already submitted the I-693 with the AOS package. Do I need to do a need medical report? Please advise me 

20 minutes ago, VersaVersa said:

I got same RFE and I already submitted the I-693 with the AOS package. Do I need to do a need medical report? Please advise me 

I'm not understanding.

A K1 

19 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I'm not understanding.

A K1 

I got a RFE for I-693, for K1 to AOS application, I have submitted the copy of The I-693 I brought to the US. Do I need to do a new medicals from a surgeon in the US or submit the same I-693 form I submitted with the AOS application 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.