HurtRN

People working for USCIS

43 posts in this topic

I was just thinking this morning - you never see any posts from people who either worked/work at USCIS processing these applications.  I wish we would so it would give us more insight on the day to day activities, LOL.  Just a random thought.  Has anyone else thought this or seen posts where the author states they formally worked there?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

There are a few on Reddit I think. However, I am pretty sure they cannot share information about what they do.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree.  More than likely there are folks from USCIS, ICE and CBP that regularly follow VJ considering it is really a public social networking site, but as @JeanneAdilmentioned, they really cannot participate in the discussion.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I agree.  More than likely there are folks from USCIS, ICE and CBP that regularly follow VJ considering it is really a public social networking site, but as @JeanneAdilmentioned, they really cannot participate in the discussion.

Yeah I bet you're right.  I was just curious.  I did find a thread on Reddit where a guy says he dreamed and calls them the fairy dragons...haha.  Anyhow, like I said was just curious.  🙂

44 minutes ago, HurtRN said:

I was just thinking this morning - you never see any posts from people who either worked/work at USCIS processing these applications.  I wish we would so it would give us more insight on the day to day activities, LOL.  Just a random thought.  Has anyone else thought this or seen posts where the author states they formally worked there?  

USCIS employees are federal agents. They most definitely sign very binding confidentality agreements. No law enforcement agency will appreciate employees posting their business on the Internet to the general public. I've seen former (the operative word) FBI, CIA and NSA agents post on Reddit but they did not ever talk about anything current. 

Edited by mushroomspore

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Any officer or employee of the United States, and any former officer or employee of the United States, who by reason of such employment or official position has obtained possession of, or has access to, information the disclosure or other provision of which is prohibited by subsection (a), and who, knowing that disclosure or provision of such information is prohibited by such subsection, willfully discloses or otherwise provides the information in any manner to any person (including any person located outside the territory of the United States) not authorized to receive it, shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

There are a few on Reddit I think. However, I am pretty sure they cannot share information about what they do.

On Reddit there are CBP, ICE, and USCIS officers. And they definitely tell interesting stories and insights. 

The most active CBPO deleted his account (but fortunately not his content). From time to time other CBPOs pop up.  

The ICE officer is quite active and she is a pistol and no pun intended. 

The active  IO only does N-400s.  

Based on post content, I have suspicions  at least  one  VJ member is in USCIS, but I ain’t saying. 

flyertalk has CBPOs and federal air marshals  

Agreed that State and DHS officers aren’t likely to disclose their jobs here.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

On Reddit there are CBP, ICE, and USCIS officers. And they definitely tell interesting stories and insights. 

The most active CBPO deleted his account (but fortunately not his content). From time to time other CBPOs pop up.  

The ICE officer is quite active and she is a pistol and no pun intended. 

The active  IO only does N-400s.  

OMG I missed those!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 hour ago, HurtRN said:

Yeah I bet you're right.  I was just curious.  I did find a thread on Reddit where a guy says he dreamed and calls them the fairy dragons...haha.  Anyhow, like I said was just curious.  🙂

lol i just read that one too few days ago !

seems like he know stuffs

19 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

OMG I missed those!

i blocked the pistol person. got crossed hair with that person few months ago. there's this person ( angry bitter spouse) wanted to report the immigration spouse  who already got 10 years GC,  i told the person "just move on and nothing u can do if it's only assumption" like normal VJ people here will suggest, and that pistol person no pun intended exploded and calling me names. duh ! 

Edited by Misscloud

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

i blocked the pistol person. got crossed hair with that person few months ago. there's this person ( angry bitter spouse) wanted to report the immigration spouse  who already got 10 years GC,  i told the person "just move on and nothing u can do if it's only assumption" like normal VJ people here will suggest, and that pistol person no pun intended exploded and calling me names. duh ! 

Lol. I remember that.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.