CQUELIS

Greencard before EAD and AP

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I’m super confused because I recieved my greencard before my EAD and AP, and I thought that I would no longer need those because I already have the GC. The thing is that I just called USCIS, and the representative told me that I would still need the EAD to work and the AP to leave the country even If I already have the GC.

This doesnt make any sense! I remember I asked the officer at the interview and he told me that I wont need any of that anymore. 

can someone please clarify this.

21 minutes ago, CQUELIS said:

Hello,

I’m super confused because I recieved my greencard before my EAD and AP, and I thought that I would no longer need those because I already have the GC. The thing is that I just called USCIS, and the representative told me that I would still need the EAD to work and the AP to leave the country even If I already have the GC.

This doesnt make any sense! I remember I asked the officer at the interview and he told me that I wont need any of that anymore. 

Once you have your GC you don’t need the EAD/AP. You’re a resident already! 

Marriage-based AOS Timeline:

Aug 11: Sent packets to USCIS - I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765 and I-131

Aug 15: USCIS received packets

Aug 17: Checks cashed, NOA sent

Aug 30: Biometrics is scheduled

Sep 23: Biometrics taken, status updated to "USCIS is actively reviewing your case"

Oct 8: RFE for Birth Certificate (it was submitted with initial packets), submitted evidence online

Oct 9: USCIS received evidence and will resume processing my case

Nov 5: Interview was scheduled!

Dec 8: Interview day!!! 
Dec 8: I-130 and I-485 approved!!!

Dec 16: Received GC

Just now, jennifert said:

Once you have your GC you don’t need the EAD/AP. You’re a resident already! 

I just called again and spoke to another representative and he told me the same thing. He said that the GC is only to prove legal status here. But that I still need EAD and AP. I am seriously going crazy.

42 minutes ago, CQUELIS said:

Hello,

GC is more superior than EAD and AP combine. dont need to call their rep again. once u got GC, u are good

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Keep them for souvenir purposes, well you should keep everything you have relating to your Immigration case.

Can I be the first to mention the misinformation line got its name for a reason.

I never got them. I received that GC first. So I was going crazy because I thought that I would still need to wait for those to do anything. 

2 minutes ago, CQUELIS said:

I never got them. I received that GC first. So I was going crazy because I thought that I would still need to wait for those to do anything. 

Did you have an interview for the GC?

Just now, CQUELIS said:

Yes, I already have the GC.

Sounds like those phone reps got their wires crossed.  Maybe they've brought in seasonal help.

Your conditional GC is evidence of your lawful status, and your right to legally work in the US.  Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Well, I once called to inquire about my case. The super optimistic representative told me that everything was peachy and looking good and my application was outstanding. The week after that I got a RFE🙄My  point is, don't even bother calling them. They are contractors who usually know nothing about immigration. 

Edited by ra0010

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

4 hours ago, CQUELIS said:

Alot of times the GC comes before the EAD and or the AP. My wife never got her EAD or AP just the GC. She is gainfully employed now. Don't call USCIS again about this issue they are just confusing you it seems. As what was pointed out to you several times you are good!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.