aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Pecker said:

I-130 was approved on 1/12, and then the I-129F was denied the next day as expected.

I saw the PDF for the approval letter saying they are forwarding my application for the NVC, where they do the consular processing stuff. But there's no new tracking number so how do I track this next step? Will I received something else soon with more information?

Great news!  Congratulations!  Just wait few days.  We received email 5 days after approval.  Email is coming from National_Visa_Center@state.gov sent to petitioner and beneficiary's email.  It will contain your NVC Case Number and Invoice ID number so you can login to CEAC.  https://ceac.state.gov/IV

Edited by hunny&me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, hunny&me said:

Great news!  Congratulations!  Just wait few days.  We received email 5 days after approval.  Email is coming from National_Visa_Center@state.gov sent to petitioner and beneficiary's email.  It will contain your NVC Case Number and Invoice ID number so you can login to CEAC.  https://ceac.state.gov/IV

Good to know. Thank you.

Naturalization (on basis of military service)

10/2/2020 - Mailed paper application to military specific Chicago Lockbox.

10/19/2020 - Case "received and accepted" according to the online tracker.

10/21/2020 - Text/letter receipt received.

08/11/2021 - Interview scheduled: Sept 14th.

09/14/2021 - Interview + Oath at the Montgomery Office.

I-130 (for my spouse)

09/23/2021 - Filed online.

09/29/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-130.

09/30/2021 - Filed I-129F through the mail.

10/12/2021 - Received receipt letter for I-129F.

12/17/2021 - AR Status change.

01/12/2022 - I-130 Approved.

01/13/2022 - I-129F Denied.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Update: Today we got a notification that our application is being "Actively Reviewed" (Potomac Service Center). Has anyone else gotten this recently? Is everyone else that got the AR status still waiting?

I've researched it a bit and some people report that it takes days, and other sources say it should take a maximum of 60 days. 

What are the next steps after AR?

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

4 hours ago, shytown said:

Update: Today we got a notification that our application is being "Actively Reviewed" (Potomac Service Center). Has anyone else gotten this recently? Is everyone else that got the AR status still waiting?

I've researched it a bit and some people report that it takes days, and other sources say it should take a maximum of 60 days. 

Congrats!

Since you applied in September, it shouldn't take too long I recon.

I would get your police clearance and birth certificate sorted. Those are valid for 6 months and I don't see you having to wait much longer than six months for NVC stage.

6 hours ago, shytown said:

I see on the USCIS website that as of 1/14/2022 our case is being actively reviewed as too!  PD: 9/06/2021.  Hopefully they are finally getting to us.  Keep us updated here and I will do the same.  Finally good news as little as it may be - hope is alive!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Our case got into AR after 20 days of submission what got us into hoping, that we will get extremely lucky and will be accepted super fast, however, it's 125 days since AR and nothing changed. If you got your AR so much later than we did, then I guess there is a hope it will be concluded soon, since this AR could actually mean that they are dealing with your case now. Fingers crossed guys. Luckily for me, I'm not in a hurry at all. I'm not planning to relocate to the US until like the end of the year, so I'm pretty sure we will have our I-130 closed by then :D 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, shytown said:

I've been waiting 119 days in AR.    The end goal for us is to get Approved from USCIS,  and move onto the NVC.

17 hours ago, shytown said:

Hi! Excited to hear this. My PD Sept 15, got NO1 from Nebraska & Potomac (after ask EMMA, confirmed it's in Potomac). I hope I will hear news from them soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, aerodnight said:

Our case got into AR after 20 days of submission what got us into hoping, that we will get extremely lucky and will be accepted super fast, however, it's 125 days since AR and nothing changed. If you got your AR so much later than we did, then I guess there is a hope it will be concluded soon, since this AR could actually mean that they are dealing with your case now. Fingers crossed guys. Luckily for me, I'm not in a hurry at all. I'm not planning to relocate to the US until like the end of the year, so I'm pretty sure we will have our I-130 closed by then :D 

Thank you! I also suspect it goes something like this. I read somewhere that once an officer picks up a submission, they have 60 days to approve and move on to the next step or deny. If it hasn't happened in that time, it may be that they switched service centers, officers, or the one that has been handling it has gone on leave, which we would hope is an unusual occurrence.

I tried to get a sense of how long this stage lasts for most people by browsing some forums, and I would say the majority of responses I saw reported that they had an approval in less than one week, and many were the next day. 

Of course there were also plenty of people that were waiting numerous months. So I guess it's just one of those things. I'll keep you all updated once I hear word back!

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Today (1/28/21), I got notification that our application is actively being reviewed (Potomac PD 9/15/21). Hopefully soon I will hear from USCIS.

Edited by Road2K1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, RnJ2021 said:

Ours went AR on 1/25. I've requested help from the Kyiv embassy to move this along.

If AR means Active Review, that is a USCIS status,  like 2 steps away from the embassy, doubtful if they can help at this point..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.