aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nylonnig said:

Thanks for the clarification. I wish I was at NOA2, no where near!

I also figured how to talk to live agent - it is on the website not on the phone as I was trying. I am learning verrrrrrrry slowly 😕

The case is in Vermont and was reassigned on 09/17

Haha I can tell you, you saying you received a NOA 2 made a few people's hearts jump for sure.

The wait continues.

14 hours ago, Snirgeu said:

Filed online on September 29. Got receipt notice within minutes. The notice says Nebraska but based on this thread and the inconsistencies, I'll probably ask Emma. 

So, I guess filing online produces a file with a random service center. 

Asked Emma twice, meaning two different live agents who said my file is in Vermont. The first said I was transfered Sept. 29 which is my filing date, the second said I was never transfered and that I was always processed in Vermont. 

Oh well. 

I just chatted with Emma....my paperwork states Nebraska service center...but the representative said I was re-assigned to Potomac on September 6th.  Which is my filing date.  So crazy with all the discrepancies all the time.  Guess we are simply at their mercy although they work for us as citizens.  But, that's a whole other story in itself.  haha. So I guess that moves my estimations WAYYYY out.....sigh....

2D528B05-C858-45F1-BC44-D9103FC95466_4_5005_c.jpeg

EC0BB8C3-3718-4DAF-8749-315C7797C78E_4_5005_c.jpeg

As per Live Chat, mine was transferred to Vermont after the day of filing.  Here is their reply:
image.png.54065d8a9e77f9bbc1b4f2ef864d8982.png 

Edited by hunny&me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/13/2021 at 7:11 AM, aerodnight said:

Hi everyone,

Starting a new topic for people who filed I-130 in september. We filed on 2nd september and received NOA1 on the same day. Our PD is also the same day. Please share when you'll get actively reviewed status on your case and feel free to say hi as well :) 

Hello all, I filed I-130 for my spouse on 09/28/21 and received NOA1 the next day. Letter says Potomac Service Center, not sure if that’s true or not right now. Good luck to all 😊

On 10/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, hunny&me said:

As per Live Chat, mine was transferred to Vermont after the day of filing.  Here is their reply:
image.png.54065d8a9e77f9bbc1b4f2ef864d8982.png 

Ah, well that does make sense in how they describe it.  They should update that process on the paperwork....but, what can we do.  Thanks for sharing this bit of information.  Maybe VisaJourney needs to add this to the timeline piece as well.  Still so crazy with the different processing times.

20 minutes ago, HurtRN said:

Ah, well that does make sense in how they describe it.  They should update that process on the paperwork....but, what can we do.  Thanks for sharing this bit of information.  Maybe VisaJourney needs to add this to the timeline piece as well.  Still so crazy with the different processing times.

I think most of us who filed in September think we are at Nebraska Service Center.  It seems that's the accepting center then they assign to another.  If your PD is same day as your Notice Letter, chances are, the service center on lower left is Nebraska and maybe incorrect.  Some people receive updates few days after filing, they receive paper mail with another Service Center - which most likely their real assigned one.  I have moved my timeline to Vermont, I see a lot in Nebraska.  For those who have checked their true service center via Live Chat, please update your Service Center.  (It seems you will get a letter if it is a true transfer.)  And for those who are not sure, best to find out with Live Chat. :)

Edited by hunny&me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

I think most of us who filed in September think we are at Nebraska Service Center.  It seems that's the accepting center then they assign to another.  If your PD is same day as your Notice Letter, chances are, the service center on lower left is Nebraska and maybe incorrect.  Some people receive updates few days after filing, they receive paper mail with another Service Center - which most likely their real assigned one.  I have moved my timeline to Vermont, I see a lot in Nebraska.  For those who have checked their true service center via Live Chat, please update your Service Center.  (It seems you will get a letter if it is a true transfer.)  And for those who are not sure, best to find out with Live Chat. :)

I think you are right. Yesterday I was on chat with live agent who told me that my case was transferred to CSC, however, he didn't want to tell me when did it happen. I was surprised that my case is at CSC since they supposedly have 2-2.5 years processing times for I-130 and I got AR status 20 days after filing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/5/2021 at 8:33 PM, Eni_Aro said:

Hello all, I filed I-130 for my spouse on 09/28/21 and received NOA1 the next day. Letter says Potomac Service Center, not sure if that’s true or not right now. Good luck to all 😊

So I took you all’s advice and used the live chat. It seems that we are being processed at Texas Service Center although our NOA said Potomac. 

6 hours ago, Eni_Aro said:

So I took you all’s advice and used the live chat. It seems that we are being processed at Texas Service Center although our NOA said Potomac. 

Same over here. Also Potomac on the NOA1, but Emma also told me Texas.

I filed on the 18th.

Our lawyer sent ours in via mail on 23rd Sep and our PD says 24th Sep. Status changed to active review on 1st October but tbh I've been reading that active review this early doesn't really mean anything.  

Receipt notice says Potomac but the letter my husband got with our USCIS online account access code says California. Not sure what to believe, will need to ask Emma. 

19 minutes ago, madhatter204 said:

Our lawyer sent ours in via mail on 23rd Sep and our PD says 24th Sep. Status changed to active review on 1st October but tbh I've been reading that active review this early doesn't really mean anything.  

Receipt notice says Potomac but the letter my husband got with our USCIS online account access code says California. Not sure what to believe, will need to ask Emma. 

Just checked with Emma and we're California. Hoping for the best 😕

5 hours ago, madhatter204 said:

Even though it might not mean a lot, it does excite a bit haha. 

Been checking for any movement since 18th, but nothing so far. Fingers crossed for you that it will be quick and easy! Goodluck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Me and my wife filed on sep 24th, and we hope everything goes smoothly for everyone on here :)

Where I´m a bit confused is that we got a payment confirmation and that was it, not sure if thats our NOA1 or we´re missing that.

15 minutes ago, Marcelo & Ciara said:

Hi everyone!

Me and my wife filed on sep 24th, and we hope everything goes smoothly for everyone on here :)

Where I´m a bit confused is that we got a payment confirmation and that was it, not sure if thats our NOA1 or we´re missing that.

Same, I filed online on Sept 10 and only got the receipt, nothing in the mail yet either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.