aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well - here I am still waiting for I-130 approval. It has not been 16 months at the Potomac service center.....I just don't understand what they are doing.  Is anyone else from Sept 2021 (PD 9/6/2021 USC) still waiting on I-130 approval or am I the Lone Ranger in this forum?  LOL.

I sent an inquiry December 8th and called and spoke to a lady who was absolutely of no help.  She told me I had to allow 30 days for an officer to respond to my inquiry....well....depending on how they count that was yesterday....maybe they mean 30 business days...who the hell knows with them.  I also asked my congressman office to inquire again and they did receive a response this week saying it had recently been assigned to an officer....like WTH....recently assigned when it has been in active review for 1 year already (1/14/2022 AR1). 

I have been losing hope for a while now....especially seeing people on FB who applied in February of 2022 already being approved - even saw one who applied in October 2022 say they were already approved.  I swear they throw the older ones further in the pile and approve newer ones first to keep the Avg. processing time down....that is all I can say to make myself understand.  If they need RFE then just ASK for it - hopefully this week I hear something....even if it is a RFE it would make me feel better....

Well, thanks for reading.  I hate this lonely process.  CM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, HurtRN said:

Well - here I am still waiting for I-130 approval. It has not been 16 months at the Potomac service center.....I just don't understand what they are doing.  Is anyone else from Sept 2021 (PD 9/6/2021 USC) still waiting on I-130 approval or am I the Lone Ranger in this forum?  LOL.

I sent an inquiry December 8th and called and spoke to a lady who was absolutely of no help.  She told me I had to allow 30 days for an officer to respond to my inquiry....well....depending on how they count that was yesterday....maybe they mean 30 business days...who the hell knows with them.  I also asked my congressman office to inquire again and they did receive a response this week saying it had recently been assigned to an officer....like WTH....recently assigned when it has been in active review for 1 year already (1/14/2022 AR1). 

I have been losing hope for a while now....especially seeing people on FB who applied in February of 2022 already being approved - even saw one who applied in October 2022 say they were already approved.  I swear they throw the older ones further in the pile and approve newer ones first to keep the Avg. processing time down....that is all I can say to make myself understand.  If they need RFE then just ASK for it - hopefully this week I hear something....even if it is a RFE it would make me feel better....

I feel for you, I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel. Although I'm already at the next stage, it still ultimately took 14 months to get here. Just know that it will feel like overwhelming relief very soon, and that acceptance should be right around the corner and you will jump for joy the moment you get it. my thoughts to you would be to go the Ombudsman route and send them an inquiry. They did respond relatively quickly and helped me push the USCIS to finally update my address, which turned into a 3-4 month long circus that was ultimately resolved within 45 minutes of the ombudsman's office responding to my complaint. It was not too long after that that the whole case was approved. Maybe it'll help.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there, I'm sure your acceptance will be soon. :)

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

1 hour ago, shytown said:

I feel for you, I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel. Although I'm already at the next stage, it still ultimately took 14 months to get here. Just know that it will feel like overwhelming relief very soon, and that acceptance should be right around the corner and you will jump for joy the moment you get it. my thoughts to you would be to go the Ombudsman route and send them an inquiry. They did respond relatively quickly and helped me push the USCIS to finally update my address, which turned into a 3-4 month long circus that was ultimately resolved within 45 minutes of the ombudsman's office responding to my complaint. It was not too long after that that the whole case was approved. Maybe it'll help.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there, I'm sure your acceptance will be soon. :)

Thank you!!  I hope you are right and it will be soon.  I have not heard of the Ombudsman but, I have googled it and will see if I can contact them.  I am willing to try anything at this point in the process.  Thank you for your support.  C

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Quick update on my case:  

October 25, 2022 we had to re-submitted our marriage certificate because of an expiration seal on it. 

On December 12th, 2022 we were fully approved on all documents in NVC.

Today, 1/10/2023, we got out interview date in Naples, Italy for February 7, 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/8/2023 at 3:08 PM, HurtRN said:

Im so very sorry this is happening to you, and you’re right the whole process is so lonely and confusing. I’m told we are looking at possibly a 1 year wait for an interview at our embassy meanwhile I’m seeing other embassies get interviews scheduled within weeks. This is sickening, I wouldn’t wish any part of this on anyone. 😢

I pray you get your approval soon and the rest of the process is speedy for you because waiting for an interview at some embassies is longer than the USCIS process. God forbid you have to wait at the next stage too. 

1 hour ago, Eni_Aro said:

Im so very sorry this is happening to you, and you’re right the whole process is so lonely and confusing. I’m told we are looking at possibly a 1 year wait for an interview at our embassy meanwhile I’m seeing other embassies get interviews scheduled within weeks. This is sickening, I wouldn’t wish any part of this on anyone. 😢

I pray you get your approval soon and the rest of the process is speedy for you because waiting for an interview at some embassies is longer than the USCIS process. God forbid you have to wait at the next stage too. 

Omg!!! That is crazy!!! I have been DQ for 3 months now and I’m going nuts! Hoping to hear something by the end of next month. And I’ve already been anxious and depressed seeing others get DQ like two months after me and then within weeks get an interview. Praying for you as well

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Paola97 said:

Hi,

I got a FE notice from NVC, but also a notice of “documentary qualified.”

i am confused if I am in line for the interview or not.

my Fe notice was because “I don’t make enough income,” I do but I think they went with my tax return from 2021

If you got the DQ message / email, you’re in line for an interview.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of us who are still separated from our loved ones during this awful process. Sending love ❤️ and positive thoughts to all. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally my I-130 has been approved!!  18 long months!!
spousal cr1 spouse outside USA 

pd:9/6/2021

ar1: 1/14/22

ar2: 3/8/2023

I filed k3 but nothing on that. 
I was told the entire time (even on Monday) it was at Potomac but the approval has come from Virginia - but I think that is the Potomac anyhow. Lol 

Now we wait some more on NVC I guess. Haha but so happy this part is finally done. 

Edited by HurtRN

Timeline
On 3/9/2023 at 10:10 AM, HurtRN said:

Finally my I-130 has been approved!!  18 long months!!
spousal cr1 spouse outside USA 

pd:9/6/2021

ar1: 1/14/22

ar2: 3/8/2023

I filed k3 but nothing on that. 
I was told the entire time (even on Monday) it was at Potomac but the approval has come from Virginia - but I think that is the Potomac anyhow. Lol 

Now we wait some more on NVC I guess. Haha but so happy this part is finally done. 

Thank goodness!!! Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊!!! I am so relieved for you!! 

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We were DQ 10/18/22. Waiting on an interview at Juárez. Right now they’re giving interview appointments to people who were DQ in August 2022, so hopefully in a couple months we will hear something!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.