Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LomLomLom said:

I found this. Could it be an explanation for” changing work flow” as being claimed? Could it be a good news for us, that they would speed up the procedures? 
https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/dhs-withdraws-proposed-biometrics-rule

Highly doubt it’s related to the change of workflow. DHS withdraw a proposed rule, which means they won’t implement what they were suggesting to. While not speeding up, it’s good news as it will not slow down any further due to this specific reason.

Edited by NimF

Timeline

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for my last comment. I did not realize how everyone was affected and that we deal with this process differently. At the end of the day we're all in the same boat and I wish everyone a speedy resolution to their immigration 🙂

Timeline
4 hours ago, chanel167 said:

Hi! I went to Richmond. I hope we both get ours sooner than later. 

Hi @chanel167 I just checked our mail box. We received the RCMP Check for my wife today. Hope you get yours soon.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, LomLomLom said:

I found this. Could it be an explanation for” changing work flow” as being claimed? Could it be a good news for us, that they would speed up the procedures? 
https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/dhs-withdraws-proposed-biometrics-rule

Has nothing to do with state department procedures. They withdrew a proposed rule to make state-side biometrics more complicated.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for my last comment. I did not realize how everyone was affected and that we deal with this process differently. At the end of the day we're all in the same boat and I wish everyone a speedy resolution to their immigration 🙂

Thank you for this ❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, alphabetagamma said:

I applied for my I-130 in Nov 2019 at Texas. It was then transferred to Potomac and finally approved in Feb 2021. I don't know if anyone out there has had such a long delay. I feel I was just unlucky.

But when I got it approved, we both got really excited that by this summer end it will all be done. 

Then one of my PCC took almost 2 months to arrive and finally submitted everything on Monday at NVC.

And here I am climbing down from one steep mountain only to look at another one. Never thought the interviews can have such a crazy backlog. 

Took forever for me, too. Don’t loose faith! It sucks, but eventually, you do get there! 

1 hour ago, Riversong said:

Our 2 years was February, and that's what I had said to my husband. The one good thing is I will get the 10 year visa with no conditions, 1 less step :)

1 less step and less money spent…you’ve spend a gazillion dollars waiting for an interview, so at least you don’t have to add that insult to injury of paying yet more money to remove conditions! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Is it possible, after the announcement on April 30, Montreal is taking the time to regroup in May, perhaps with the intention of speeding up their processing in the future months? Maybe they are hiring and training new COs to conduct the interviews. Maybe in July there will twice as many interviews conducted as in May for CR1/IR1....This would be in line with their commitment announced on April 30 to reduce backlogs...

Or am I being delusional?

Timeline
1 hour ago, chanel167 said:

Thank you so much for letting me know! I'm so happy for you guys! One less thing to worry about. Do you know how many days it took? 

She applied last May 10 5pm. It is 10 days.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Riversong said:

Our 2 years was February, and that's what I had said to my husband. The one good thing is I will get the 10 year visa with no conditions, 1 less step :)

Our two year wedding anniversary is on June 10th, and I said the same thing to my wife! The 10 year visa is the only silver lining, lol.

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Is it possible, after the announcement on April 30, Montreal is taking the time to regroup in May, perhaps with the intention of speeding up their processing in the future months? Maybe they are hiring and training new COs to conduct the interviews. Maybe in July there will twice as many interviews conducted as in May for CR1/IR1....This would be in line with their commitment announced on April 30 to reduce backlogs...

Or am I being delusional?

Hi there,  I am from a different category, but have been following up all threads here.
I read somewhere they said, that it takes up to 2 years to fully train an immigration officer. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Van24 said:

Hi there,  I am from a different category, but have been following up all threads here.
I read somewhere they said, that it takes up to 2 years to fully train an immigration officer. 

More than likely DoS will promote people within and get them in post at the various Consulates. They could also try to rehire CO's that might have been laid off under the previous administration. But yeah, I would doubt that DoS would take two years to backfill a position.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
18 hours ago, annierob said:

Hum...this gives me a lot to consider, thank you. My B2 ends July 3. I’ll try and figure out what to do this weekend...could be worth doing indeed.

I agree fully with @Kai (CanadaDude). But look into AOS timelines. Since I am already in the US working, I have considered changing many times to AOS since my I-130 was approved. However, the timelines to receive an advance parole for travel outside the US and a work visa are also backlogged. The travel parole and work visa used to take 3 - 4 months to receive. For some service centers, it is currently 8 months. The I-485 is also long, with some service centers indicating up to 17 months. My lawyer indicated it would be much quicker to stay the current course. Granted, I thought I would have an IL by now. If you don't need to travel or work outside the US for 6 - 8 months, and are aware the process will likely add significant time to your application if you are already DQ'd, then it could be an option for you.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hey Dania,  I've actually seen this on here too..

I was actually surprised at this because our attorney had told us that a TN visa is not dual purpose visa.  In other words, if you entered on a TN visa subsequent to applying for your IR1/CR1 visa, it would void your spousal visa. (and vice versa).  

This may not be accurate -  just sharing what our attorney told us! 🥴

I am in the US on a TN. I received my TN after applying for IR1/CR1. So I received my TN with a pending I-130, despite that the TN is not a dual intent visa. However, weirdly, a pending I-130 does not impute immigration intent if you apply for your IR1/CR1 through consular processing rather than AOS. This is because for consular processing you are required to leave the US (for the interview and to receive the immigrant visa at the consulate). For this reason, you will not be able to receive an immigrant visa directly from a TN without leaving the country. Going from TN directly to AOS is much more complicated due to dual intent, but is also possible. @Tofu it is unfortunate your lawyer gave you incorrect information on this. It's always best to talk to a lawyer with expertise in TNs. Happy to answer further questions about this @Dania A

Timeline
20 hours ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

TN is strictly a non-immigrant intent status, so you would have to demonstrate that you would return to Canada to complete your IV processing with documentary proof. Outside of that your job offer needs to meet the requirements that TN Status has.

Yes, and with consular processing, you automatically demonstrate your intent to return to Canada, even with a pending I-130. When the NAFTA officer at Peace Bridge asked about my pending I-130, and I said "yes it's through consular processing", he literally said "ok, that's good. That's no problem" and asked me nothing further about it. But I had a very good lawyer with expertise in TN prepare a letter about this just in case, which wasn't needed in the end. But, yes as @Kai (CanadaDude) says, your job category and degree need to match one of the TN categories. They scrutinize the job categories that sound kind of vague like 'Management Consultant' very closely due to a lot of prior misuse. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.